Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jay5296

Ok super stuff, I programmed the front door (p60) to entry/exit and i can now set alarm and leave house. Can't believe the installer missed this?
    I have two zones for the two PIRs, landing and hall
    And three points, front door, back door and d/s windows.
    Thanks Altor,
    Now before i default the modem i checked the modem status;
    Channels ok, bat ok, phone off hook? that could possibly be why i don't recieve a text when the alarm goes off. The home phone i have is a wireless eircom 5010 siemens with base.
    Site name is house alarm
    I tried to send a test text to my moblie but it said sms busy?
    If i do default the modem is there much work involved in setting it up again or is it just a matter of inputting a site name and phone numbers?
    Getting there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

jay5296 wrote: »
    Ok super stuff, I programmed the front door (p60) to entry/exit and i can now set alarm and leave house. Can't believe the installer missed this?
    I have two zones for the two PIRs, landing and hall
    And three points, front door, back door and d/s windows.
    Thanks Altor,
    Now before i default the modem i checked the modem status;
    Channels ok, bat ok, phone off hook? that could possibly be why i don't recieve a text when the alarm goes off. The home phone i have is a wireless eircom 5010 siemens with base.
    Site name is house alarm
    I tried to send a test text to my moblie but it said sms busy?
    If i do default the modem is there much work involved in setting it up again or is it just a matter of inputting a site name and phone numbers?
    Getting there!

That was a strange set up as it would of not worked from day 1 :eek:

Can you check if the line is working and connected in the control panel? Always down power the control panel before opening. If you do default the modem then that is all that is required to set it back up again.

altor wrote: »
    That was a strange set up as it would of not worked from day 1 :eek:

Can you check if the line is working and connected in the control panel? Always down power the control panel before opening. If you do default the modem then that is all that is required to set it back up again.

Opened the control panel there, yeah, i have a blue cable going to line A and blue/wht cable going to line B. The only other cable going to the digi modem card is earth.
    So its connected to the modem card on the control panel. How can i check the line. I can make and recieve calls and texts on the phone. I've a multi meter so i could do a continuity check somewhere.
    Just carried out default modem but no joy. When i try to test the text to my mobile i get sms busy, pls try later

Opened the control panel there, yeah, i have a blue cable going to line A and blue/wht cable going to line B. The only other cable going to the digi modem card is earth.
    So its connected to the modem card on the control panel. How can i check the line. I can make and recieve calls and texts on the phone. I've a multi meter so i could do a continuity check somewhere.
    Just carried out default modem but no joy. When i try to test the text to my mobile i get sms busy, pls try later

This is a plug on modem card which slots onto the PCB, not one in behind the main board?

The voltage should be 52V or more on blue, blue/white. Is there no return out of the C/D on the dialer?
    If not, it is not set up properly for line seizure or line priority.

This is a plug on modem card which slots onto the PCB, not one in behind the main board?

The voltage should be 52V or more on blue, blue/white. Is there no return out of the C/D on the dialer?
    If not, it is not set up properly for line seizure or line priority.

Yeah thats the one Altor, the digi modem card mounted on the main control panel pcb.
    I'm getting 7V across Line A and Line B. C and D are labled Phone C/D and i have no cable coming in or out of there.
    Now in the other box alongside there is a pcb called GSM alarm back up.
    That blue blu/wht cable goes into a a connector block labled dialer, again 7V across that. Beside that is another connector block labled line with no cable going in, just earth. Could they be mixed up?

But i do remember the first year when we had the monitoring, we did recieve a call from eircom when the alarm went off whilst away. So that surely means the set up was correct!

• Advertisement

Yeah thats the one Altor, the digi modem card mounted on the main control panel pcb.
    I'm getting 7V across Line A and Line B. C and D are labled Phone C/D and i have no cable coming in or out of there.
    Now in the other box alongside there is a pcb called GSM alarm back up.
    That blue blu/wht cable goes into a a connector block labled dialer, again 7V across that. Beside that is another connector block labled line with no cable going in, just earth. Could they be mixed up?

But i do remember the first year when we had the monitoring, we did recieve a call from eircom when the alarm went off whilst away. So that surely means the set up was correct!

That answers a lot of questions. The alarm is connected to a GSM. The alarm wont text with the GSM P.W use.

That answers a lot of questions. The alarm is connected to a GSM. The alarm wont text with the GSM P.W use.
    So thats that? I can't do no more. Is it possible to disconect the GSM?
    Sorry for bringing you through all this Altor. If i had of known about this GSM i would of mentioned it earlier

So thats that? I can't do no more. Is it possible to disconect the GSM?
    Sorry for bringing you through all this Altor. If i had of known about this GSM i would of mentioned it earlier

Another option would be to add a voice dialer to the system and use the gsm as the line out. Just remember you will need to provide a Sim card as the one in the GSM would be turned off.

Ok Altor i'll look into that, thanks for all your help.

Ok Altor i'll look into that, thanks for all your help.

Your welcome jay, any other problems let us know ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

hi altor
    i in a spot of bother ihave a gsm unit and digi modem text card installed in a sw812 unit and i was changing a few setting in ythe menus to enable sl7. i followed the instructions with sl7 however now my gsm and panal are not communicationg the rkp is telling me gsm and panal are different and i need to change code but i dont no what. any ideas as i have home auto enabled in the gsm

by the way when this happened i undid the changes and no joy

Did you change the remote user code?

yes i did thanks altor have it working again. where do i input the rem user code in sl7 so i can go online?

yes i did thanks altor have it working again. where do i input the rem user code in sl7 so i can go online?

Your welcome.

When you set up a new client in smartlink, you will see remote user code, type of panel, dial up number, line share.

Thanks again alter I have done this but still cannot over the modem I must be doing something wrong. Thanks again for your help

Thanks again alter I have done this but still cannot over the modem I must be doing something wrong. Thanks again for your help

When you say you are trying to connect over the modem, are you trying to ring from a different line than the one that is connected to the alarm?

thanks altor for the reply
    i have all the settings in place on the panal according to sl7 instructions. i have the phone line connected to the dmtc and rings b4 answer set at 2. i have sl7 installed on my laptop connected to the net on a different line to the one connected to the panal. when i do try to connect i get a message saying cannot find modem. any ideas and tanx in advance

i also have the remote user code same as the one on the panal

also just re reading the instructions for sl7 it says to log into the dialler menu to access line monitor but this is the gsm unit on my panal

• Advertisement

When you open smart link you will see setup on the middle bottom of the page.
    Press this and change the modem settings in the top to what port your using and try again. Mine is set on 3 on the desktop.

also just re reading the instructions for sl7 it says to log into the dialler menu to access line monitor but this is the gsm unit on my panal

Having the GSM connected to the alarm with the dialer is used for monitoring stations. You are using the dialer to dial into the panel on the phone line provided. The dialer is doing nothing else as the GSM assumes control once connected.

thanks again altor. i changed to 3 the port for the modem but now im getting as follows sorry for the hassle altor
    22/04/2012 13:13:55
    Attempting to connect to panel ...0
    22/04/2012 13:13:55
    Waiting for panel to close conn
    22/04/2012 13:13:59
    Initialising modem
    -- Turning echo off on the modem
    --> Response: ATE0
    OK
    -- setting volume to level 1 on speaker
    --> Response: OK
    -- Disable extended messages, e.g. Ring Back
    -- Set to answer after one ring
    22/04/2012 13:14:53
    |NO CARRIER|
    22/04/2012 13:14:53
    22/04/2012 13:14:58
    -- Disable extended messages, e.g. Ring Back
    22/04/2012 13:15:52
    |NO CARRIER|
    Failed to connect: 2
    Could not connect

No hassle at all. Can you try the different ports for the modem in case it is not port 3 on your modem.

hi altor
    i tried different ports and getting cannot find modem in the previous post this was the response i got when on port 3.

hi altor
    i tried different ports and getting cannot find modem in the previous post this was the response i got when on port 3.

Are you using remote connect in the go online list?
    Also change the rings before answer to 0.
    Set the ring type in the panel to line share plus the same in smart link.

yes using remote connect

yes using remote connect

Check the other option to make sure they match. If worse comes to worse I will try dial in to see if it works.

also altor i do have sky box and internet connected to the line im trying to connect to should the line be wired first to the dmtc and then to the rest of the equipment in the house

• Advertisement

altor i pm you details tanx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement