Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10k challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Are you going to play a site that gives you free money to start or actually start with $0. It would be so sick if you did it. Best of luck with it I will keep an eye on it for sure. When are you planning on starting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭DBC2007

im doing it on gjp as it has 10cent giveaways lol. and yes starting from scrath mate.

DBC2007 wrote: »
    i know what you mean jimmii but this is just extra. i already play online full time on boylesports. and im putting 2-3hrs a day into this. you might not no me fran but ive been to drogheda a few times just. thats were ive seen you play deepstack festival etc.

Ah I see. This would be a fun side thing to do then. What sort of price are you looking for on doing it? What are the games like on boyles is it the sort of standard we have come to expect from poker rooms on sports betting sites!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If you are looking for money then don't do it, for a challenge definitely do it. Start with 0 baby, I like that stuff. I'm on 2nl on one site and 5nl on another trying to build from 0. It's like starting with a conference team in a football manager, I just have to do it and build up for the challenge.

You could always challenge your friends in a total profit bet. Three of them vs just you at the same stakes that would be fun.

• Advertisement

boylesports is pretty bad now for 3-4 outers and stuff. but you hit as many as u recieve so it balances out. well one of my mates give me 50/1. yea tar.aldarion it is just a challenge but the money would come in handy as a buyin etc for ept or something. good luck with yours to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

This guy is a level. Definitely.

50/1

Wow your friend has belief in you! If you are on $9910 with a day to go give me a shout we'll play a $100 HU I swear I will try......

whats a level:confused:. remember i aint been on poker boards before

This guy is a level. Definitely.

It would be a pretty lame one really.

• Advertisement

whats a level:confused:. remember i aint been on poker boards before

Basically a wind up.

yes thats what i thought:pac:. well think what you like but its true. and i dont even see what i could be winding you up about.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

I would only attempt this if I was already very wealthy from poker and had achieved a lot. There's so many other pokergoals I'd want to achieve before this. This is a lot of work with very little relative financial reward (as you've already said, you could make this in a week playing 5/10). If you achieve this fair play to you, you're definitely one of the top online players in the country.

When are you starting? If you are just going to play on Boyles how many freerolls do they have a day? Is it going to be possible to fit enough in to get going? I think Ferguson took 7 or 8 months to get upto a couple of dollars! Once he got it up to $20 or so it was easy it was the first few that took forever.

thanks ted but im definately not saying im one of the best. dont want you thinking im like that. i just make a good amount from it and this is like a hobby if you will or as i have been saying a challenge

no im doing it on green joker poker. they have like 10cent SnG 10 players 1st-5c 2nd-3c 3rd-2c and work from there. they are capped at 25 per day so its just getting started i guess is the hard part.

If you can get from $0-$10k in that time frame then you are without doubt one of the best in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Dentists are very cheap in Banbridge arent they, i went there to get a crown as they rip you off in Dublin for things like crowns.

Dentists are very cheap in Banbridge arent they, i went there to get a crown as they rip you off in Dublin for things like crowns.

Some Nigerian guy told me he'd sell me a Crown if I sent him $10k as he was a Prince or something. He ripped me off too. Nothing to do with Dublin though.

not sure rounders:pac: sorry..i know that portadown are good but for dentists

• Advertisement

was also wondering do any of you know if the se would make an exception for there 1000 main event next week as you have to be 21 to be a member since im 19.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

was also wondering do any of you know if the se would make an exception for there 1000 main event next week as you have to be 21 to be a member since im 19.

No dice, ma.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

If you have the roll/money to buy into 1k events, i dont see mentally how you can survive this. Best case = 10k, worst case = suicide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Yeah you will surely lose your mind half way through this...Neverhteless, fair play and good luck, if you can pull it off you've the discipline to achieve anything.

If you have the roll/money to buy into 1k events, i dont see mentally how you can survive this. Best case = 10k, worst case = suicide.

QFT. If I was trying to "prove myself" at 19 I imagine crushing at the Waterford festival or something similar has a much smaller chance of me killing myself from frustration with the 10c giveaways.

Um SN so we can follow?

thanks for the support and yea it will be annoying the first whille i guess. whats that mean theresalwaysone. i dont follow??:confused:

if it was about were you can follow along. this is the blog for it mate. http://chrisardis.blogspot.com/. hope to update it around twice a week .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

It took Chris Ferguson a year and a half if thats any help

• Advertisement

thanks for the support and yea it will be annoying the first whille i guess. whats that mean theresalwaysone. i dont follow??:confused:

Whats yer name on GJP so we can watch it live?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement