Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10k challenge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

Yup, tis mise. BEAUtiful aint I?

lol your the guy I cleaned out in the jackpot one time

I rivered a flush against ya for a huge pot

d'ya remember, t'was a good table with good banter

DBC2007, you haven't really cleared up your frankly terrible GJP results. Since the name contains 2007 then we can assume the account was activated a max of 17 months ago.
    So in the last 17 months you have gone from being the value on GJP to being capable of turning 0 into 10k in 6 months and all this while showing no real ability for anything except challenging people to HU matches and laying bets against you?

I think, like Theresalwaysone, I am almost done with this thread.

If you are serious about this and think you are good enough then I have 2 requests:

1. Post your screenname so we can see how good you really are.

2. Post stats here every day on your session.

If you posted this challenge here it was obviously for some sort of recognition. If you want to stand even the smallest chance of getting it then start addressing the serious questions of posters here like Theresalwaysone or myself. If you want to keep making macho statements like throwing down HU challenges or asking me to give you a price on this then good luck to you. You'll get nowhere like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

The C Kid wrote: »
    Gimmick accounts need some kind of edge.

I suggest speaking about yourself in the 3rd person, stating you are unconcerned with all responses, talk up your crazy LAG style that will revolutionise poker, proclaim you will deliver a message of great importance, and then disappear for all eternity.

Now thats a gimmick account.

My gimmick when I first arrived here was that I was incredibly tight. Both in poker and out. Never spent a penny, have been wearing the same clothes since I was 14, moved in to my grandparents house because my parents started trying to charge me rent.

In poker I only play AKs+, and then only raise if I get aces. I think the best played pokerhand of all time is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6wAHTWeEA because of Tilly's amazing tightness.

My hero is Dan Harrington, but sometimes he's aggression frigtens me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

The Al Lad wrote: »
    lol your the guy I cleaned out in the jackpot one time

I rivered a flush against ya for a huge pot

d'ya remember, t'was a good table with good banter

I had KK? all in against another guy who also had a flush draw?

I've been cleaned out many a time in the jackpot, next time ya see me come say hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

I had KK? all in against another guy who also had a flush draw?

I've been cleaned out many a time in the jackpot, next time ya see me come say hello.

JUST A LEVEL... never played with ya

gpsmon_level.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

The Al Lad wrote: »
    JUST A LEVEL..

gpsmon_level.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭DBC2007

im enjoying these taunts:pac:. just going to make it so much sweeter when i complete it and kayroo i dont know if you noticed them results are SnG only mate. plus i dont play my prop account on gjp. but if your that desperate to see how bad i am ill be on gjp from 11pm on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hu for sausage rolls!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Yup, tis mise. BEAUtiful aint I?

Please tell me you have a twin brother in the photo aswell, or do I need to go to Specsavers:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you definitely suck at poker

• Advertisement

what ever cardshark. im available to play anytime you want.

NOTE: DBC2007

You have still failed to give us any info to believe you. I'd happily believe you if you gave me a reason. You just seem totally adverse to doing this. I have interest in watching you otherwise.

ok kayroo and im not being rude but. what do you want? do you want me to show my results and brag and so on about how well ive done this past while. bassically the whole point of this was about the 10k challenge and not my personall play. my name on gjp is DBC2007 so you can tag along if you want. im not big headed and this was only ever about the 10k thing.

okay?

If this was "just for you" why post it here?

This was a pre-emptive brag if you really think you can do it. If you want to keep throwing down challenges lets see some stats and HH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I see school is out early this year.

i bassically posted it here because of it bein a poker forum obv and also just to let others follow along. plus if i do it i want to be able to have proved it since it would be an amazing feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

If this was "just for you" why post it here?

This was a pre-emptive brag if you really think you can do it. If you want to keep throwing down challenges lets see some stats and HH.
    Does it really matter lads?? EDIT: I quoted Kayroo, but obviously I'm referring to all the others too.

There's loads of PPP type players knocking around who don't use PT or PAHUD and who do OK,

Obviously this fella's Sharkscope on DBC2007 doesn't look too favourable. But so what?? Maybe he did well on PPP before learning about the much better value on GJP. Can we just give the chap a break, maybe I'm in some sort of Monday stuper, but I don't get the whole Levelling/ Troll vibe everyone else seems to be picking up on. He just sounds like loads of recreational players around. He may be slightly deluded as to his actual ability, and his knowledge of Poker theory etc. may be lacking, but at least he's in the right place to learn if it's annoying people so much.

So can we please calm down. Or someone quote the obvious trolling post I must have missed??

Cheers,

Ste05

If you're on the level then best of luck. Just seems to be no point in it and combined with your reluctance to share stats etc. it seems like BS for the most part.

If you do it then fair play to you, don't reckon it's possible for someone with those sharkscope stats to do it though. You pointed out they are SnG stats but you also said you intended to play SnG's to start with. I dunno, this just only makes sense if it's bull**** or if you have no idea what you are talking about really.

EDIT: Ste I take your point but if the lad keeps throwing out HU challenges etc. he is only asking to get people's backs up.

thanks ste and yes as ive been saying all along im not a big player...high 5figures like. and kayroo i understand the non belief as im not showing stats etc but as i said b4 i am only posting about the 10k. this has nothing to do with my own personal play but i guess if thats what it is going to take to get you to belive me then i will get to it mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

i wouldn't be suprised if DBC2007 turns out to be GL2M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Ste05 wrote: »
    Does it really matter lads?? EDIT: I quoted Kayroo, but obviously I'm referring to all the others too.

There's loads of PPP type players knocking around who don't use PT or PAHUD and who do OK,

Obviously this fella's Sharkscope on DBC2007 doesn't look too favourable. But so what?? Maybe he did well on PPP before learning about the much better value on GJP. Can we just give the chap a break, maybe I'm in some sort of Monday stuper, but I don't get the whole Levelling/ Troll vibe everyone else seems to be picking up on. He just sounds like loads of recreational players around. He may be slightly deluded as to his actual ability, and his knowledge of Poker theory etc. may be lacking, but at least he's in the right place to learn if it's annoying people so much.

So can we please calm down. Or someone quote the obvious trolling post I must have missed??

Cheers,

Ste05

good post Steo, and I thought you were a chimpathiser

gl to the guy however unlikely his challenge will come to fruition....why not ignore his post if you think he is merely trolling, we already know how brilliant the rest of ye are....give him a break....boo booo too much postassium on here....

YULETIRED wrote: »
    gl to the guy however unlikely his challenge will come to fruition....why not ignore his post if you think he is merely trolling, we already know how brilliant the rest of ye are....give him a break....boo booo too much postassium on here....

Hey, I'd have a hard time convincing anyone I can play this game properly. Doesn't stop me being able to ask questions.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

can people not take things at face value anymore?

Do you expect every thread like this to be started by someone with career earnings of 3 million or something? He has given his sn and says he will be updating his blog recently. Either he will give early after going broke or not being able to get any sort of funds together, or else he will get up to a few hundred or so and give up, or else he will succeed..

Good luck to him either way.

Also, Donal, if it is Joe it is very well disguised (in other words, no reason to think it is him).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Theres so many level conspiracy theories round here lately its hard to tell whats real and whats not anymore. Everything should be treated as a level from now on till there is irrefutable proof that it is legitski.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

mdwexford wrote: »
    Theres so many level conspiracy theories round here lately its hard to tell whats real and whats not anymore. Everything should be treated as a level from now on till there is irrefutable proof that it is legitski.

Whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN gulty???

Why does everyone get on their high horses when someone posts a thing like this? not like they asking you for dollahs????
    Wait to see how the fella gets on before we all cast judgement.

As for the comment about SN.. took me a while to work it out haha, and I have read here over a year.
    Im just glad I never posted up about me tring to spin my free 7.70 into $100 my Christmas.... :rolleyes:

Best of luck whoever you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

DBC I will play you HU anytime any stakes up to 600NL. Reply here if you have the courage.

thanks for your comments people. ill give it my best try anyways..pok3rplaya wat site you on??

Betfair, party, stars, full tilt whatever.

It's high time we actually had a boards HU for rolls match imo.

• Advertisement

no prob. ill have a think and get back to you through the week okay. and i thought they did have a heads up thing. i seen something about that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement