Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10k challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

DBC, a player of your caliber surely has a 6 figure bankroll. You say you play on FT and PS. Have you a username I could google? Or are you choosing to keep that top secret? Do you play in the big games vs. Durr, Urindanger, OMGClayAiken etc.?

I for one find it very exciting that such a high quality player has joined our community. Welcome and best of luck with the challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭DBC2007

sorry ted no i wudn have that much of a tank but its been growing nicely. and not giving my name for where i play properly sry..if you want to watch my name on gjp is DBC2007. http://chrisardis.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Stop ****ing flogging your blog you troll.

I call bull****.

ok whatever:pac: i was looking around the site earlier and i noticed others doing it thats all including yourself lol

Lol,good trolling imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

100% level now. Guy talks about too many 3-4 outers on Boyles and doesn't know what SN stands for but claims to have a nice roll? Nah.

Frankly the amount trolling and leveling threads from new accounts / annoying existing ones is getting out of hand here imo. Is there one guy really responsible for all these "can I do it" threads?

think what you like hotspur. but to be honest i dont sit and instant message all day. ive got better things to do. and how would talking about 3-4 outers have any relevance to knowing what sn is??? ill just have to prove you wrong the hard way i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

so basically you're hoping to play about 15 hours of poker a week for the next 30 weeks, and make a little over two dollars an hour doing it?

you would probably make as much in a taiwanese sweatshop, but good luck none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

this is such a stupid idea I dont know where to start. Jesus only did it because hes rubbish at poker and the world series wasnt on so no-one would record him chopping vegetables with his pecker.

Getting to $100 from nothing is a challenge. Getting from 0 to 10k is basically impossible in the short/medium term. No matter how big or small your bankroll is, its hard to double it in a short time period without taking large risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

DBC2007 wrote: »
    think what you like hotspur. but to be honest i dont sit and instant message all day. ive got better things to do. and how would talking about 3-4 outers have any relevance to knowing what sn is??? ill just have to prove you wrong the hard way i guess.

SN means screen name. An I didn't suggest that it was related to talking about Boyles having lots of 3-4 outers. If you're for real I apologise, but I very much doubt it.

Marq you're being unfair on Taiwan btw, it's actually a rich county.

• Advertisement

i figured it was something like that. and hector i believe that this is possibel b4 xmas. and although i do realise it will be hard as, anyone who wants to lay me a nice price and ill wire them the money through a poker website is more than welcome to.

i figured it was something like that. and hector i believe that this is possibel b4 xmas. and although i do realise it will be hard as, anyone who wants to lay me a nice price and ill wire them the money through a poker website is more than welcome to.

Nobody is gonna take that bet without you posting a webcam, emailing hand histories etc.

This must be a level.

1. Rolled to play the Sporting €1000 game but wants to do a 0-10k challenge to "prove" himself. If you have that kind of roll and have even an outside shot of achieving this challenge then you have to be losing money as you could easily be making far more by taking your roll and playing whatever level it is you are playing at.

2. Thinks he can turn 0c-€10,000 by Christmas via online poker but doesn't know what an SN is. Not a mortal sin but not exactly a sign of a top class player.

3. Cannot even understand Theresa's name. Well...actually that's fair enough.

4. These are your Sharkscope results from GJP. I have just two words for you with the 10k challenge.
    Good luck

sharktf3.th.jpg

I really hope you do well at this and good luck with it but, frankly, it doesn't seem to be likely.

your opinion is welcome kayroo but as i have said im not doing this full time. 3-4 hrs max a day on top of my normal stakes which btw have nothing to do with gjp as i quit playin ipoker for money. and for anyone who would want to lay me a price. im sure that hh etc can be requested and it would be pretty easy to find out if i have wired money into my accout. if you think im a level kayroo and u think you know me then give me a price and ill wire you the doe.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

hotspur wrote: »
    Frankly the amount trolling and leveling threads from new accounts / annoying existing ones is getting out of hand here imo. Is there one guy really responsible for all these "can I do it" threads?
    It's really getting on my tits too.

I'm not sure if this guy is one, certainly doesn't show up anything of the sort using my mod powers, so it appears the guy is genuine in his attempt, although seeming to be spamming his blog a little too much for my taste, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Although DBC, what most people do is put a link in the sig. (To do this: go up to "User CP" towards the top of the page, then in "Settings & Options" click "Edit Signature" and put it in there, and it'll appear at the bottom of every post you make) just like theresalwaysone has as you referred to above.

Good luck in your challenge, I'm also confused as to what the point of starting with 0 is, but GL anyway...

Ste05

again sry about the blog thing. i just thought everyone did it:pac:. thnks ste05 ive done that. i guess the point of starting from 0 is just that well if completed you can say that you made it from nothing. i mean if you started with a few hundred you could get a lucky run and spin it up in a very short time. thanks for the luck anyway.

DBC what tracking software are you using? Hud? What are your stats? Vpip/Pfr and Agg from the other site you play on to make real money?

Would you be interested in doing a well? (a thread where we all ask you questions?)

Would you not bother wasting your time going from 0 to 10k, when you could just make money from playing at your usual high limits and start a business? A charity? Something that would give you a better sense of achievement that making 10k from 0?

all valid points. no i wont give my real money name and about the thread where you all ask me questions. i dont want you thinking im some big shot cause im not. and as i said b4 i do play my normal stakes through the day and i will be giving 3 hours or so to this a day. i seriously dont think its a waste of time, when you think about it, how many people have done this, not many im guessing. i will be putting up a blog however about my real money play in the near future for all the non believers:D

DBC what tracking software are you using? Hud? What are your stats? Vpip/Pfr and Agg from the other site you play on to make real money?

?

am using poker dominator...and the rest ill put on my blog once its up an running. my own personal one that is.

KK, Im out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Would you not bother wasting your time going from 0 to 10k, when you could just make money from playing at your usual high limits and start a business? A charity? Something that would give you a better sense of achievement that making 10k from 0?

+1 for DBC using his amazing abilities to fund charaties and make a contribution to this world.

Im just taking the proverbial Ted. I dont actually care what he does. Its the whole "sense of achievement" thing from turning 0 to 10k. I can think of about 23467250234852524567528528582 things that would give me a better sense of achievement, but.....each to their own.

He is a troll tho, troll or a level. So it matters not.

thanks for the sarcasm ted and yes i do give to charity actually but i dont see any reason why i should post about that.

tell ya what if im a troll any time you want a heads up match give me a shout any stakes and whatever site.. better than that why dont you give me a price on me doing this if you think its such a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

Gimmick accounts need some kind of edge.

I suggest speaking about yourself in the 3rd person, stating you are unconcerned with all responses, talk up your crazy LAG style that will revolutionise poker, proclaim you will deliver a message of great importance, and then disappear for all eternity.

Now thats a gimmick account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭krux

tell ya what if im a troll any time you want a heads up match give me a shout any stakes and whatever site.. better than that why dont you give me a price on me doing this if you think its such a joke.

lol,now you're really making an ar*e of yourself

I dont wanna heads up match and being the player you say you are, you should know that a heads up match solves nothing. I am running quite good tho.......

A price? Hmm, well I'd say its near impossible given your obvious lack of knowledge of online poker,not knowing what an SN is, googling "poker tracking software" after I asked you and using Poker Dominator, not posting your stats?

I actually dont know why I bother, I am so sure you are a troll and a level I dont even know why I keep rising to debate.

Ok, I am really out now. Enjoy your challenge DBC and GL.

lol thanks but happy to post links of my tacker when ive used it for a while....and yes your right about hu bein no point but id get to beat you i guess...anyway thanks for your input and i guess the only way to change your mind is to do the challenge and also put up my own results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

Off topic...which one are you, theresa in your blog photo ???

The one in the "everybody heart" top ???

• Advertisement

Yup, tis mise. BEAUtiful aint I?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement