Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10k challenge

Options
  • 25-05-2008 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

hey, im kinda new to boards but basically im startin a 10k challenge on gjp. http://chrisardis.blogspot.com/ this is a link to my blog for any of you who are interested. all comments appreciated thanks. details of myself and how i came about playin online poker as kinda semipro lol can be found here. thanks all and gl at the tables. for anyone wondering what the 10k challenge is. its bassically i start of with nothing in that acount (as i play boylesports ft ps) and try and get it to 10k.

Comments

DBC2007 wrote: »
    hey, im kinda new to boards but basically im startin a 10k challenge on gjp.

Kinda new? Post 1 seems pretty new.

Welcome anyway. Good luck with the 10k challenge but, what are the terms? Time limit? What level are you playing at? What kind of results have you had?

If you are just doing this to win the 10k then it's not really a challenge so much as what every online player is doing more or less. The challenge element only arises if you say something like "I'll do it in 6 months" and then take bets against you doing it, or start from €0 and try and spin it up via freerolls etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lazare

Good luck with it. What's the details btw, levels etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Took me 2 and a half years!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I could make it if i keep running like god.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I could make it if I don't go on super money tilt

• Advertisement

cooker3 wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭DBC2007

thanks for the support people. yea i shuda give more details. basically im trying to have it done b4 xmas. most people ive heard have allowed a year but ill try and put 3hrs in a day. and yes im starting with nothing in the account so 10cent giveaways lol will have to go well in order to get somethin goin. im startin tonight so ill put up a post later on my blog http://chrisardis.blogspot.com/ which i hope to update about twice a week. thanks again:)

thanks for the support people. yea i shuda give more details. basically im trying to have it done b4 xmas. most people ive heard have allowed a year but ill try and put 3hrs in a day. and yes im starting with nothing in the account so 10cent giveaways lol will have to go well in order to get somethin goin. im startin tonight so ill put up a post later on my blog http://chrisardis.blogspot.com/ which i hope to update about twice a week. thanks again:)

Your starting with nothing? Why? Why not start with 400dollars and play 20nl?

Wow.... I would rather scratch my eyeballs out that do it from 0

yea i no wat u mean. of course that would be easier but i want it to be as hard as possible which means if done it will be a really good thing. anyone could get 400 up to 10k with a good run but if u start with nothing you kinda have to grind the whole way. another rule is i only play tornament if i can pay for 20 goes and sng if i can pay for 5 of them. ill try and keep cash to a low as i think there a scud on my account when it comes to cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It took Chris Ferguson 18 months or something to do this if you can do by Christmas that would be amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

lol just about to post the same thing jimmii.
    Any way good luck with the chalenge DBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

fail.jpg

lol gud one cardshark:pac:. but ill hope to prove u wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

best of luck with it sounds like a form of self inflicted torture though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

yeah starting from 0 sounds like an absolute nightmare.

yea fran i think your right there:pac:..well i know the lower stakes will be anyway. thaks anyway though. its a shame i didnt get on quick enough to buy some of your %. ive seen you play live quite a bit now and hope you get a result in vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

yea i no wat u mean. of course that would be easier but i want it to be as hard as possible which means if done it will be a really good thing. anyone could get 400 up to 10k with a good run but if u start with nothing you kinda have to grind the whole way. another rule is i only play tornament if i can pay for 20 goes and sng if i can pay for 5 of them. ill try and keep cash to a low as i think there a scud on my account when it comes to cash.

don't want to be mean or anything - but this type of writing is not going to make your blog 'must read'

I'd prefer to do WGCs one over this. If you are good enough to get from $0-$10k by Christmas then you are good enough to beat 25nl/50nl 3 or 4 times that over the same period. You could set up a challnge to make more part time playing low stakes poker than working an average full time job!

don't want to be mean or anything - but this type of writing is not going to make your blog 'must read'

So basically change the way you write and change the challenge and you have a good blog!

what would you reccomend roundtower. i plan to start my own blog with my personal game but this is just for this particular thing nothing else. but i do get where u are coming from.

• Advertisement

jimmii exp[ain cause i didnt get that:pac:..playing low stakes is the whole point. do you mean just do like a spinup.

jimmii wrote: »
    So basically change the way you write and change the challenge and you have a good blog!

lol, boards.ie - helping people to be better people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

There's only 2 reasons why anyone ever does this:
    1) As part of prop bets which makes it financially worth the effort
    2) They have no bankroll and are randomers

Going from 5k to 100k is a lot more rewarding than going from 0 to 10k imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

[nick] did something similar starting from a free $10 http://10dollarchallenge.blogspot.com/

It will be a nightmare grinding the uber micro stakes!

what would you reccomend roundtower. i plan to start my own blog with my personal game but this is just for this particular thing nothing else. but i do get where u are coming from.

first thing - best of luck with the challenge

i was just saying that you need a better style of writing if you want people to actually read your blog. txt speak is for text messages.

jimmii exp[ain cause i didnt get that:pac:..playing low stakes is the whole point. do you mean just do like a spinup.

A lot of people would love the idea of being a poker "pro" but just assume that they need to play pretty high to do it. You could have a challenge where by you played a set number of hours a week (say 15) and you set yourself a target profit ($30kish) not a massive number but not much less than a lot of people are earning. Most people do these playing cash games to show that you can grind out a solid living 24 tabling and playing abc be interesting to see how it would work out with tournaments as it would be super swingy.

lol, boards.ie - helping people to be better people :)

go team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

yea fran i think your right there:pac:..well i know the lower stakes will be anyway. thaks anyway though. its a shame i didnt get on quick enough to buy some of your %. ive seen you play live quite a bit now and hope you get a result in vegas.

Have i played with u, know u?

yes i get what you mean now roundtower. and hotspur the reason i am doing this is simple. it is something that if done is a good achievement plus you cant do your doe as you had none to start with. yea sure i could sit into a 5-10 game with a grand but wheres the challenge?? and yes your right about the prop bets. i do have a few on with mates and fellow poker players who gave me a nice price:D

• Advertisement

i know what you mean jimmii but this is just extra. i already play online full time on boylesports. and im putting 2-3hrs a day into this. you might not no me fran but ive been to drogheda a few times just. thats were ive seen you play deepstack festival etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement