Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(1) - The Aptitude Test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

what is the name of the building that the aptitude test is on in in Abbey Street? i know have it written somewhere but can't find it now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Just say you did poor in the analytical test, will the other two sections bring up ur overall score? Or are they scored separately?

I'm 99% sure you are bieng placed based on overall score
    sfhawke7w wrote: »
    what is the name of the building that the aptitude test is on in in Abbey Street? i know have it written somewhere but can't find it now!!

Chapter house

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Just say you did poor in the analytical test, will the other two sections bring up ur overall score? Or are they scored separately?

NO ... It doesn't matter if you get 100% in two sections and fail the third , you still fail overall. You have to get the average pass mark as a minimum in all three sections

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

As far as i remember they are scored seperately and you must meet the passing grade for each section....

When i recieved the feedback from PAS they had it broken down into 3 sections telling you how you did in each one and how you placed overall in each section.

All three sections added together, this is how you get your placing.

* with regards to compensation for doing better one one section and worse on another i really dont know what way this works, sorry, one of the lads will probably be able to clarify this for ya

Hope the above helps

Damn Kerry, beat me by seconds!!!!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ye last time i got 94-100% on the analytucal but only got between 7-14% on the job simulation one:o

Ye with the job sim there is no wrong answer, its not black and white like....but you have to get the answer that there looking for!!!

srdb20 wrote: »
    Damn Kerry, beat me by seconds!!!!!!!!!:D

:D;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

gettin old SR :p

500th post \0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Suppose just wait and see. thanks for the help..

Results usually around 10 days?? e-mail or post?

• Advertisement

Suppose just wait and see. thanks for the help..

Results usually around 10 days?? e-mail or post?

about 10-12 days to your publicjobs message account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

kerry4sam wrote: »
    about 10-12 days to your publicjobs message account

done aptitude test yesterday. not happy with analytical reasoning. answered them all but guessed a few of them. really hate that part of it. ah well bring on 10 days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

widget64 wrote: »
    Yeah i am doing it on the 21st at 12pm. What time you doing it at?

I have the early one on the Saturday (10am). The week will fly in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 padlad88

Just back from aptitude test....i thought the staff were a lot more helpful and friendlier which helped me relax!good luck to all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭mc-panda

Hey guys and girls,

I did the aptitude test yesterday at 1530. I ran out of time on the analytical reasoning section. I answered 30/40 questions. I'm very annoyed at myself. That was a pathetic performance. I'm confident I answered them correct though.

What does everyone think my chances are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

TO quote myself and srdb from just 1 page earlier:

ojewriej wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, there is no set pass standard but you are being marked against other people.

I;m not 100% sure about that tbh, but even if i'm wrong, you shouldn't worry. There is little time assigned for this test, you only have 30 seconds for each question and plenty of people won't manage to answer them all. 35 questions is pretty good actually, I remember people who answered only around 30 passing to the next stage.
    srdb20 wrote: »
    The pass for the analytical reasoning has been around 19 - 20 for the past two years, its based on an average of all the applicants scores.

If 1000 apply, 500 will be cut straight away after the Apt test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭widget64

Has anyone gotr their test on saturday at 12pm??? I havent come across anyone yet so i am begining to question the time!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Has anyone gotr their test on saturday at 12pm??? I havent come across anyone yet so i am begining to question the time!!:(

Hi there, I have mine on the Saturday as well but have it in the morning, have to be there for half 9am and test starts at 10am. There is normally 2 tests on a day, one in the morning and another after lunch. So you might have the right time for it, test itself might start at 1pm. Ring Pas again to double check though, at lest it will ease your mind.

paddymc1 wrote: »
    Hi there, I have mine on the Saturday as well but have it in the morning, have to be there for half 9am and test starts at 10am. There is normally 2 tests on a day, one in the morning and another after lunch. So you might have the right time for it, test itself might start at 1pm. Ring Pas again to double check though, at lest it will ease your mind.

Just rang to confirm, i am in at 12.30pm, i was begining to get nervous thinking i mixed up the days.

Can someone PM me any useful websites with apt tests on them. I have completed all the tests on PAS as well as tests from a useless college who like to sting people with €265 bill :eek:

Just rang to confirm, i am in at 12.30pm, i was begining to get nervous thinking i mixed up the days.

Can someone PM me any useful websites with apt tests on them. I have completed all the tests on PAS as well as tests from a useless college who like to sting people with €265 bill :eek:

The college that stings people for €265 is a complete waste of time.. Its out of date and all it is, is photocopied paper. What a scam! Talk about easy money.
    Didn't help for the exam at all, feel like asking for my money back.

• Advertisement

The college that stings people for €265 is a complete waste of time.. Its out of date and all it is, is photocopied paper. What a scam! Talk about easy money.
    Didn't help for the exam at all, feel like asking for my money back.

I havent set my test yet but i feel the same after researching it. Why give exam papers that are out of date. Its crazy!! Hmmmm if we got a few of us together maybe we could get onto the consumer association....you know the whole "not fit for purpose"???

Any takers??

Did the 40 sample questions even help you at all??

I havent set my test yet but i feel the same after researching it. Why give exam papers that are out of date. Its crazy!! Hmmmm if we got a few of us together maybe we could get onto the consumer association....you know the whole "not fit for purpose"???

Any takers??

Did the 40 sample questions even help you at all??

Thats not a bad idea, €275 is alot of money!!

I know at least 3 or 4 who feel the same way.

They helped a bit, and i mean bit, but that bit was not worth €275.

Even module 1, what a complete waste, there was no sense to it, even tips for the interview and stuff, like you can look that up any where for FREE, and thats probably what they done!!

So yeah, that idea is probably the way to go.

I am getting nervous about sitting my exam now, as i found the questions in the booklet easy enough! Are the questions much different?? Harder??:confused:

Did you find any sites or books useful??

I will follow it up on monday as i cant complain at the moment as i havent sat the exam yet......€265 for what we got is an absolute joke!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭RandomPunter82

Hey Everyone,

Completed the Aptitude Test on Sat.- think i did enough to pass, well hopefully anyway.

Few Questions;
    When You recieve your results are you informed when the interviews are being held, are you given any dates? Are you told what to do next?
    I'm off on my holidays on June 30th and won't be around for any interviews held in july

any info would be great, best of luck to all sitting the Aptitude tests in the next two weeks.

...Few Questions;
    When You recieve your results are you informed when the interviews are being held, are you given any dates? Are you told what to do next?
    I'm off on my holidays on June 30th and won't be around for any interviews held in july

any info would be great, best of luck to all sitting the Aptitude tests in the next two weeks.

The higher up you score the sooner you get called for the next stage so it will vary with everyone as to when you will receive your own details - date and time for stage2...

The e-mail with your stage2 info will be sent to you message board on the publicjobs site like your results from stage1 ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

did the test last saturday. i found the analytical reasoning hard. got the 40 questions done but guessed a few of them. best of luck to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭woohoo

Hi peeps!
    I was just getting stuff together for my tests on Thursday. It says I need my candidate number which the call centre will give me. I got mine on the "aptitude test notification" e-mail from public jobs.

Is this right? I am bricking it incase I have wrong info!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Please help!

woohoo wrote: »
    Hi peeps!
    I was just getting stuff together for my tests on Thursday. It says I need my candidate number which the call centre will give me. I got mine on the "aptitude test notification" e-mail from public jobs.

Is this right? I am bricking it incase I have wrong info!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Please help!

Yeah thats it, just print that e-mail and bring it with you. Thats ur candidate number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭woohoo

Yeah thats it, just print that e-mail and bring it with you. Thats ur candidate number.

Oh thank god!!!! I thought as much just wondering why they have your candidate number at the top and then tell you that you'll get it at the call centre at the end of the mail!
    Just gave myself a bit of a scare!!!
    Thanks Murphy(Cork) :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

yea i agree the course for €275 is a wast of time. there is a course for €199 witch is good. i sat the test last thursday and found the course quite relevant. it anything it boosted my confidence. it you want more info just pm me

Advertisement