Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(1) - The Aptitude Test

Options
1505152535456»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello folks,

We've just deleted over 100 absolute rubbish posts OR off-topic posts OR posts that have become abusive as a result of the crap this thread was attracting.

We have now created a new thread which is where you may post your results when you get them. Please do not post results on this thread. We think that the number of posts on this thread now should rapidly reduce in number now that there is a Results thread.

Please do not post rubbish. There were several posts that we had to delete that were complete nonsense, and this is against the forum Charter which states:

# No Spamming. Posts that are nonsensical will be deleted.

Please keep this thread, and the Results thread free from nonsense posts, an example being: "Squirm Squirm......" which we embarrassingly had to delete, as well as other similar drivel.

If it comes down to it, we will be left with no alternative but to issue official Warnings & Infractions in order to be taken seriously - something which we hate doing, but we will if we are left with no alternative.

Let's get this back on topic please.

Shield, Turner & Hooch
    The ES Moderating Team

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Ok folks, most of you now know NOT to post your results, or comments, questions or answers about your Aptitude Test on this thread, so we're open again for business.

Thanks,

Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Champagne Charlie

Hi Guys I am new to this site so be gentle :-) .
    First of all congratulations to all who passed round 1 and those who didn't hopefully there will be another recruitment drive soon.
    anyway my question is this :
    I came in the bottom 10,000 batch 3, I will turn 35 later on in the year, does anyone know where this leaves me ?
    Will they take people from batch 2 & 3 in a year or two and if so will I be too old @ 36/37 ? or do they go by my age on initial application?

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

First of all congratulations to all who passed round 1 and those who didn't hopefully there will be another recruitment drive soon.
    I came in the bottom 10,000 batch 3, I will turn 35 later on in the year, does anyone know where this leaves me ?
    Will they take people from batch 2 & 3 in a year or two and if so will I be too old @ 36/37 ? or do they go by my age on initial application?
    The age limit is fixed at 18 to 35 they show no signs of changing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

Raider190 wrote: »
    The age limit is fixed at 18 to 35 they show no signs of changing it

But thats the age at the application date. Once you are 35 on applying, you're still in the running!

Edit: I mean 'not yet 35' on applying ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Did anyone hear anything about the bands ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

According to the FAQ section on the Garda website, it goes by the age you are when applying. It states that you must be born between 10 Jan '79 & and the Jan '96 in order to apply - so you should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Champagne Charlie

Ok great thanks to all for your information. This is my last recruitment drive and im in batch 3. Im not a betting man but id guess the odds on me be becoming a member of AGS are quite high.
    Best of luck to everyone and thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Faith and Justice

Ok great thanks to all for your information. This is my last recruitment drive and im in batch 3. Im not a betting man but id guess the odds on me be becoming a member of AGS are quite high.

Don't give up hope. You mightn't hear anything till this campaign is over, but as shatter said himself this will be for three campaigns.

That's around 900-1000 Gardai. There's lots of exams to fail between now and the end.

Well done on passing the exam

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

Never give up till you get a letter saying you out of the race a lot can happen in these competitions

• Advertisement
Advertisement