Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(1) - The Aptitude Test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

andrew1985 wrote: »
    how did you find the analytical reasoning test?

the analytical reasoning was fine for me Im well used to it personally. But been honest with you I did see a few people struggle with and look very worried when the time was up!!:rolleyes:

goouch wrote: »
    Did my test yesturday evening, happy its all over youl be sent to the 1st floor in Chapter house,staff are friendly youl all be told where to sit, every thing is explained YES you can use a STOP WATCH as others on the day used it,
    Analytical reasoning i was happy with managed to jus finish all of them. Make sure to bring a watch they will jus tell you time up no warning given,and litterally run at you to take the page from you. If you see time is nearly up and your not finished just guess and tick whats left to do any questions just ask .

Goouch just a quick question for you when you were in there was the room full or was there spaces?? There was three spaces there when I did it in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

theres always going to be a few who change there mind and dont show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭goouch

Room was full,room is a good size etc to do such tests:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

GL to everyone sitting or who has done the tests.

Keep us informed :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭goouch

They said it will be 2weeks when we get our results ,,,,,,,,,,

Dr_MaSoN wrote: »
    GL to everyone sitting or who has done the tests.

Keep us informed :D

Will do Dr. should know within a week or so.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

hi could anyone tell me what the dress code for stage1 is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭woohoo

Hi everyone.
    Just wondering has anyone sat the aptitude at 2pm? What time did you finish up at? Trying to prepare train tickets! Thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭woohoo

shakin wrote: »
    has anyone gone to the man in templemore for apptitude prep?
    whats he like?

Hi Shakin, I went to him recently! He is very good. My friends went to him and they both passed the aptitude first time! Fingers crossed I will!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

andrew1985 wrote: »
    hi could anyone tell me what the dress code for stage1 is :)

No dress code just wear something comfortable because you will be sitting down for 2 and a half hours more.

Anyone else have there aptitude tomorrow evening. Starting to get nervous now. any tips anyone ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

soundlad wrote: »
    No dress code just wear something comfortable because you will be sitting down for 2 and a half hours more.

Anyone else have there aptitude tomorrow evening. Starting to get nervous now. any tips anyone ??

Just don't be nervous, there is no point, i failed a couple years ago and i think it was because i was pretty nervous. Just go in and try your best, time is only a problem on 1 section but it should be ok. I'm doing mine on the 24th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭widget64

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is doing ok with the tests. I have a few questions, as i have read conflicting material from course work i received for preperation and the info of the "Test familisation" from public jobs.

(Skills questionnaire - 47 multi choice Q's in 30min)
    is this right?

(Analytical Reasoning - 40 Q's in 20min)
    This is where i am getting confused is the 40 Q's diagrams only or is their verbal reasoning questions mixed in, if so how many??

Job simulation - how many questions do you have to answer in 35min?

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Ladyt

hi ya
    hope this helps
    skills experience you have 30 mins and 37 questions
    analytical reasoning 20 minutes to do 40 questions no negative marking you need 21 i think to pass this section it is only diagrams
    job simulation 25questions to do in 35mins

best of luck with it just guess if your unsure in second section i found it tough with time restraint thought i failed because of it but ended up coming 14th

Ladyt wrote: »
    hi ya
    hope this helps
    skills experience you have 30 mins and 37 questions
    analytical reasoning 20 minutes to do 40 questions no negative marking you need 21 i think to pass this section it is only diagrams
    job simulation 25questions to do in 35mins

best of luck with it just guess if your unsure in second section i found it tough with time restraint thought i failed because of it but ended up coming 14th

Are you sure its only 37 Q's as the garda test book says 47

Thanks for your help........... I received prep material from an "unnamed" college and they have given me a load of questions on verbal reasoning. I dont know why tho. It must be part of the old course or something..... :mad:

Good you must be happy with that result.

when did you have your tests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

widget64 wrote: »
    I received prep material from an "unnamed" college and they have given me a load of questions on verbal reasoning. I dont know why tho. It must be part of the old course or something..... :mad:

Verbal reasoning used to be a part of the Stage 1, but it was replaced by skills experience test, and it's a part of a Stage 2 now.

Are you sure its only 37 Q's as the garda test book says 47

Thanks for your help........... I received prep material from an "unnamed" college and they have given me a load of questions on verbal reasoning. I dont know why tho. It must be part of the old course or something..... :mad:

Good you must be happy with that result.

when did you have your tests?

i did mine in feb waiting to be called for med at moment i know the college your on about i got same stuff complete waste of time sorry ur right its 47
    when is your one on??

i did mine in feb waiting to be called for med at moment i know the college your on about i got same stuff complete waste of time sorry ur right its 47
    when is your one on??

Well done on passing the interviews.....that sounds like the hard part!!
    The medical sounds easy enough so you should sail striaght through to august.

I think i will be making a fairly irrate phone call to that college. Its not like the material was cheap!

Well done on passing the interviews.....that sounds like the hard part!!
    The medical sounds easy enough so you should sail striaght through to august.

I think i will be making a fairly irrate phone call to that college. Its not like the material was cheap!

Thanks a mill i was lucky with interview even though it was hard have to say the two that interviewed me were lovely even cracked a few jokes !!! i did a course for it and aptitude test
    i know when i bought the stuff i nearly got sick when i did a different prep course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

hey guys, did the test today!! Overall I thought it was grand. Only part I didnt get finished was the analytical reasoning section...answered 32 out of the 40! But I think I got most of them right..or at least I hope so!! A good few people looked worried when time was up so all you can do is practice! Anyway hope I passed!!
    Oh yeah and widget64 and ladyt i think i know what course you were talking about...absolutely useless!!

• Advertisement

karlokarl wrote: »
    hey guys, did the test today!! Overall I thought it was grand. Only part I didnt get finished was the analytical reasoning section...answered 32 out of the 40! But I think I got most of them right..or at least I hope so!! A good few people looked worried when time was up so all you can do is practice! Anyway hope I passed!!
    Oh yeah and widget64 and ladyt i think i know what course you were talking about...absolutely useless!!

congrats
    sounds to me youve done really well hope you didnt get caught out buying it too :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 AlphaMike

Hey!

This is my first time posting a msg so hope all goes to plan!

I've got my app. test coming up and I want to do as well as I can and I must admit, I found these threads absolutely brilliant. They answered so many questions and offered loads of advice, so thank you to all who
    contributed. You've all helped me in more ways than one and hopefully I can go all the way and get through this long process.

Anyway that's it for now, I gave it a lash and it wasn't so bad!
    Good Luck to you all. Hope you'll all be celebrating in the future when you pass each step on the road to being a Garda.:)

Just to make sure did we all buy the pack that begins with "K"??

Be warned people, its a joke!

karlokarl wrote: »

Hey Karlokarl,

Well done on finishing it.....i am sure its a weight off your shoulders!!!

Can you just confirm the analytical reasoning was ONLY diagrams ie 5 boxes in a row and pick the next box?

thanks

Just to make sure did we all buy the pack that begins with "K"??

Be warned people, its a joke!

Yeah Widget64 mine started with K too when is your aptitude test on???

Yeah Widget64 mine started with K too when is your aptitude test on???

I have mine on the 21st. Basically ill just ignore the layout and just work through the examples. They cant be that far wrong can they??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Why not name and shame the course?
    If you found it rubbish, say so so other people arent conned into it.

If you found a good one, then post it here too.

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Why not name and shame the course?
    If you found it rubbish, say so so other people arent conned into it.

If you found a good one, then post it here too.

I would like too but i am pretty sure its against board rules and i dont want to get kicked off........lets just say people should be able to figure that one out!!

I have mine on the 21st. Basically ill just ignore the layout and just work through the examples. They cant be that far wrong can they??

no the examples are good they are more or less the same as the ones in the test but if u could do a day course garda entry one is the one i did and its excellent, youll do fine all i would say to u is if u are running out of time guess them and watch u time its the hardest part of it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I would like too but i am pretty sure its against board rules and i dont want to get kicked off........lets just say people should be able to figure that one out!!

Let's not do that ok?

Advertisement