Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(1) - The Aptitude Test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭widget64

Ladyt wrote: »
    no the examples are good they are more or less the same as the ones in the test but if u could do a day course garda entry one is the one i did and its excellent, youll do fine all i would say to u is if u are running out of time guess them and watch u time its the hardest part of it

I am happy to hear that anyway i did the 40Q in 25min and i got 36 right. I just mark the questions i cant do and come back to them, no point wasting time on them!

Thanks for the help!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Ladyt

widget64 wrote: »
    I am happy to hear that anyway i did the 40Q in 25min and i got 36 right. I just mark the questions i cant do and come back to them, no point wasting time on them!

Thanks for the help!:D

no problem at all ask way if you want to know any more fair play to you if u can do that many you will be sitting your interview in no time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

karlokarl wrote: »
    hey guys, did the test today!! Overall I thought it was grand. Only part I didnt get finished was the analytical reasoning section...answered 32 out of the 40! But I think I got most of them right..or at least I hope so!! A good few people looked worried when time was up so all you can do is practice! Anyway hope I passed!!
    Oh yeah and widget64 and ladyt i think i know what course you were talking about...absolutely useless!!

Hey,

Had my test today too, hope i wasn't one of the people that looked worried :)
    I'm in the same boat, only got 32/33 of the analytical Q's done, but besides that went good....i think.
    Know the course ye are talking about, RUBBISH and what a waste of money, even i do pass, i feel i should ask for my money back.

Hey,

Had my test today too, hope i wasn't one of the people that looked worried :)
    I'm in the same boat, only got 32/33 of the analytical Q's done, but besides that went good....i think.
    Know the course ye are talking about, RUBBISH and what a waste of money, even i do pass, i feel i should ask for my money back.

congrats on today must be delighted well done :)

congrats on today must be delighted well done :)

Ah its great to have it over with, I feel its the one stage where you have least control on the outcome. So fingers crossed, i pass it and keep that ball rolling..
    Did you have urs yet?

• Advertisement

Ah its great to have it over with, I feel its the one stage where you have least control on the outcome. So fingers crossed, i pass it and keep that ball rolling..
    Did you have urs yet?

yeah i did mine in Feb and had my interview in April waiting now for medical and physical you should have ur results in about ten days if it falls like mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

Well congrats Murphy! Only thing now though is that I'm going away for six weeks - coming back in the middle of August so hopefully if I pass it won't screw thing s up that bad!
    Yep the course begins with 'K' alright!! And there are some differences to the questions given in the prep material on PAS i.e. instead of just picking the next logical diagram after looking at a series of 5 shapes, you have to sometimes pick a shape/pattern to make up the series of 5 in the first place!
    Good luck to everyone else doing it over the next few weeks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

hi guys had my stage1 today went very well i think:) anyone else not complete the analytical reasoning i done 34,is it a big mistake not to complete all 40 thats the only thing worryin me :confused:

andrew1985 wrote: »
    hi guys had my stage1 today went very well i think:) anyone else not complete the analytical reasoning i done 34,is it a big mistake not to complete all 40 thats the only thing worryin me :confused:

well done step one over you no u will be fine u just need 21 correct to pass no negative marking youll be grand i thought i failed but got through so dont be worrying at all

cheers hope to god ive passed!!!! what stage r u at now

• Advertisement

cheers hope to god ive passed!!!! what stage r u at now

no prob im waiting to be called for my medical at mo fingers crossed it will be soon ah you will pass how did u find the last section??

no prob im waiting to be called for my medical at mo fingers crossed it will be soon ah you will pass how did u find the last section??

ye i found it handy enough u cant really study for section1or 3! how did u find the interview? hope everyting works out for ye sure ur just about there:):):)

ye i found it handy enough u cant really study for section1or 3! how did u find the interview? hope everyting works out for ye sure ur just about there:):):)

thanks fingers crossed hope to be in in August not gauranteed though.The interview can be tough i had a lovely panel so wasnt as bad as i thought. they cut through wat you are saying just know about the phases in templemore, the subjects, why u want to be a garda, what you would do if they stopped taking on gardai and how you would cope financially if u get in..
    the worst part i think is the waiting to find out and to be called to the next stage....
    let us know how u get on im sure u will do great

thanks for the info il let u kno if i pass hopefully we wil be both in templemore in the near future best of luck again with the medical:)

thanks for the info il let u kno if i pass hopefully we wil be both in templemore in the near future best of luck again with the medical:)

fingers crossed we will both make it best of luck in the rest of the process any questions ask away and thanks:)
    keep in touch with how u are gettin on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 padlad88

Anyone know the name of the book with the aptitudes in it?i know your not supposed to say but im bricking it for saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 popsypya

Hi All,

just back from dublin from doing my test, made such a huge mistake.. forgot to check the time when the analytical test started and realized when I was two pages in and then panicked, feel really stupid:mad:, but Am trying to tell myself that I will learn from my mistakes..

Found the skill experience and job simulation alright though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 popsypya

And when I arrived at the test I asked if it was ok with the stop watch as I was told different things before the test, I was told no problem, but half way through the first test, they came up and said that I was not allowed to have it and threw it on the floor, but now I can see that other people were allowed a stop watch... don't think they really know them self if a stop watch is cool or not.. got a different answer every time I called them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

padlad88 wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the book with the aptitudes in it?i know your not supposed to say but im bricking it for saturday!

Just go the a bookshoop and aske for one. There is good few of them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Just did a two day course and found it great. Have to keep going over stuff till saturday week. Anyone else doing it on the 21st.
    Best of luck to all who have applied.

• Advertisement

popsypya wrote: »
    Hi All,

just back from dublin from doing my test, made such a huge mistake.. forgot to check the time when the analytical test started and realized when I was two pages in and then panicked, feel really stupid:mad:, but Am trying to tell myself that I will learn from my mistakes..

Found the skill experience and job simulation alright though.

Yip, its true what they say, Time flies when you are having fun! :)
    Same thing happened me, was only on question 32/33 when they shouted "PENS DOWN".
    And its not like it's hard, it just takes awhile to get ur head around what is happening.
    But you need around 21 to pass, so you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

How many people aredoing the test at a time and what time should we be finished at if we start at 2? I nned to organise a train or is there any parking near by for a car? Cheers

Started at 10 and was out for 12.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Started at 10 and was out for 12.30.

Cheers:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭widget64

paddymc1 wrote: »
    Just did a two day course and found it great. Have to keep going over stuff till saturday week. Anyone else doing it on the 21st.
    Best of luck to all who have applied.

Yeah i am doing it on the 21st at 12pm. What time you doing it at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

any1 have thers sat 14th at 12.30pm. im getn really nervous now. how many Q's are in the job simulation section and how long do we have in this section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

hi everyone
    sat the aptitude test yesterday but only got 35 0f the 40 analytical questions done. i didn't find it difficult just ran out of time. if i have done well in the other section i am i still likely to pass. does any one know what is the "pass" standard :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

dkhill47 wrote: »
    hi everyone
    sat the aptitude test yesterday but only got 35 0f the 40 analytical questions done. i didn't find it difficult just ran out of time. if i have done well in the other section i am i still likely to pass. does any one know what is the "pass" standard :confused:

If I remember correctly, there is no set pass standard but you are being marked against other people.

I;m not 100% sure about that tbh, but even if i'm wrong, you shouldn't worry. There is little time assigned for this tiest, you only have 30 seconds for each question and plenty of people won't manage to answer them all. 35 questions is pretty good actually, I remember people who answered only around 30 passing to the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

The pass for the analytical reasoning has been around 19 - 20 for the past two years, its based on an average of all the applicants scores.

If 1000 apply, 500 will be cut straight away after the Apt test.

• Advertisement

srdb20 wrote: »
    The pass for the analytical reasoning has been around 19 - 20 for the past two years, its based on an average of all the applicants scores.

If 1000 apply, 500 will be cut straight away after the Apt test.

Just say you did poor in the analytical test, will the other two sections bring up ur overall score? Or are they scored separately?

Advertisement