Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(1) - The Aptitude Test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 popsypya

Just got a fine in the post yesterday, that my car was parked on the road outside my house with no insurance ( was not driving it without it). Does anyone knows if things like that would come against me??

sfhawke7w wrote: »
    just wondering i emailed my application form yesterday, but have had no confirmation to say it was received! should i send it again?

I emailed mine too yesterday and have not received anything back, but I'd say that they get 1000s of them. I just double checked in my outbox that it was sent.. Don't think there is any need for sending it again... Did anyone receive confirmation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

You dont get confirmation . The same happened in the last round and I was wondering about it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

yeah you don't get a confirmation e-mail ... keep a copy of the one you sent with the date you sent it on it, but their really shouldn't be any need for it (just for your own piece of mind)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 bruno_12345

bexlee666 wrote: »
    I applied to Publicjobs over a month ago and went to the open day in Templemore and all. So I took it I had done thE research and followed all the correct procedures. Got the email last week, but I understood their 'first come first served' theory only applied to people applying and that booking their test was a given! I literally applied for the recruitment a few minutes after it was posted!!!!! I think if you manage to apply within the three days that the garda trainee is posted you should at least be given your first test!!! So now I don't know what to do!! Its more frustrating not knowing than anything else. All I can do now I suppose is send off the stage II form anyway like yourself Angelfire and see and study analytical patterns in the meantime!!!

when you got the email, what did it say. its so frustrating waiting around & not knowing when things are going to happen & what to do. i'm very new to all this. need help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ROSS D ROE

Can anyone tell me what time is the ideal time to arrive for your aptitude test. The date is 10th june. How long does it last and is there one in the morning and the afternoon or is it just one per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭RandomPunter82

Just did a Aptitude Preparation Course Today in Cork. Went pretty well I thought - went through the three different aspects of the Tests that we will be doing, got a lot of valuable advice and we learned a nice trick relating to the Analytical reasoning test!

ROSS D ROE wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what time is the ideal time to arrive for your aptitude test. The date is 10th june. How long does it last and is there one in the morning and the afternoon or is it just one per day.

- Hey, they open the doors about 20mins before the tests commence; before that it is up to you what time you want to arrive or if you want to practice your sample questions before hand in peace somewhere or in the company of the others waiting ...

- It should be over in about 2 1/2hours ... depending how long it takes them to run though the procedures on the day (could add another 10mins as they are fairly thorough in ensuring everyone knows whats involved)

- Being honest if i were you i would concentrate on your own time and not worry about whether their is another before or after you but normally their is 1 in the morning with another 1 in the afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ROSS D ROE

Thanks K F S. I am still in the UK and i can't get through to my emails so i'm just wondering is it 10a.m. or what time it starts at e.g. themorning session starts at ? and then the afternoon starts at?
    I think i am on in the afternoon but i wont be able to confirm that now as PAS are closed and i am going to be flying in tonight to dublin so i will go for the first one anyway just in case. thanks fo ryour quick reply. I might have confused you withut giving my reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

Just did a Aptitude Preparation Course Today in Cork. Went pretty well I thought - went through the three different aspects of the Tests that we will be doing, got a lot of valuable advice and we learned a nice trick relating to the Analytical reasoning test!

if its the trick i think your talking about its good saves you valuable time ;)..bring a stopwatch to helps alot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

This time tommorrow it will be all over!!:eek: cant wait to get it out of the way!! Best of luck to everyone else starting tommorrow and throughout the week!!:)

Celtic07 wrote: »
    if its the trick i think your talking about its good saves you valuable time ;)..bring a stopwatch to helps alot

When I called public jobs to confirm the details, they said that youare not allowed to bring a stop watch, did the course in Cork to and am very happy with the advise and help... but no stop watch:(

ROSS D ROE wrote: »
    Thanks K F S. I am still in the UK and i can't get through to my emails so i'm just wondering is it 10a.m. or what time it starts at e.g. themorning session starts at ? and then the afternoon starts at?
    I think i am on in the afternoon but i wont be able to confirm that now as PAS are closed and i am going to be flying in tonight to dublin so i will go for the first one anyway just in case. thanks fo ryour quick reply. I might have confused you withut giving my reasons

The morning tests starts at 10 and the afternoon once are at 2, but give them a call tomorrow to confirm. If you turn up for the morning one, but don't hae it until the afternoon, you will behanging around the place for qiet some hours.

This time tommorrow it will be all over!!:eek: cant wait to get it out of the way!! Best of luck to everyone else starting tommorrow and throughout the week!!:)

All the best off luck tomorrow!!

And best of luck to anyone else doing their test over the next two weeks!! Hopefully we will al see each other in templemore:)

Have my test on wednesday so plying up to dub on tuesday night, can't wait, feeling excited, will probably be nervous on the day though... but remember being nervous is wasted energy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

popsypya wrote: »
    When I called public jobs to confirm the details, they said that youare not allowed to bring a stop watch, did the course in Cork to and am very happy with the advise and help... but no stop watch:(

must be a new thing did my aptitude last nov and was able to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭goouch

Hi all, have Aptitude test tomorrow feeling ok about it best of luck to everyone else, Ps anyone of ye do A training day on the 7th????????????

goouch wrote: »
    Hi all, have Aptitude test tomorrow feeling ok about it best of luck to everyone else, Ps anyone of ye do x training day on the 7th????????????

i'd delete the name of the training day before PSNI gets to you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

Celtic07 wrote: »

A trick that is commonly used in analytical tests and has been mentioned before on boards.ie is when you look at the 1st and last box. If they are exactly the same the answer will be the box which is the same as the 2nd box. So you just need to find a match for the 2nd box from the answers.

It works for about 5/6 in the test and will earn you extra time on others. About half way through there will be a few tricky ones as well. And at the end some are impossible!

There is no negative marking so at the end mark sure to just lash down an answer for the remaining ones as you might get a few right.

Good luck to you all ... ps I did test in Feb and a digital watch or stop watch was not a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 padlad88

Hi all..im doen my aptitude test on the 14th in chapter house!is chapter house the actual public jobs building or is it near or on the same street as public jobs?

• Advertisement

Paolo5 wrote: »
    A trick that is commonly used in analytical tests and has been mentioned before on boards.ie is when you look at the 1st and last box. If they are exactly the same the answer will be the box which is the same as the 2nd box. So you just need to find a match for the 2nd box from the answers.

It works for about 5/6 in the test and will earn you extra time on others. About half way through there will be a few tricky ones as well. And at the end some are impossible!

There is no negative marking so at the end mark sure to just lash down an answer for the remaining ones as you might get a few right.

Good luck to you all ... ps I did test in Feb and a digital watch or stop watch was not a problem.

Well I guess the best thing is to bring one then and ask then before going in, would be a pity not to bring one, if we are allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

padlad88 wrote: »
    Hi all..im doen my aptitude test on the 14th in chapter house!is chapter house the actual public jobs building or is it near or on the same street as public jobs?

It's the same building

Thanks...thats what I thought but your wan on the phone wasent given much away!

Hi all just back from Dublin after doing the app. this morning!! :D Happy days......im delighted its over!! Overall I think it went pretty well.....job simulation was a bit tough but I got through it! Any questions or anything just let me know!!!:)

Hey hope all went well for ya!Have you ever done it before and if so did you think it was pretty much the same as last time you done it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

Hi all just back from Dublin after doing the app. this morning!! :D Happy days......im delighted its over!! Overall I think it went pretty well.....job simulation was a bit tough but I got through it! Any questions or anything just let me know!!!:)

well done The Dude 87. did u have to bring a passport photo wit u to hand in or just leaving cert and birth cert ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

hows everyone getting on in the tests? i did a prep course there on sunday,tests saturday week, i better start studying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

how did you find the analytical reasoning test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭goouch

andrew1985 wrote: »
    how did you find the analytical reasoning test?

Did my test yesturday evening, happy its all over youl be sent to the 1st floor in Chapter house,staff are friendly youl all be told where to sit, every thing is explained YES you can use a STOP WATCH as others on the day used it,
    Analytical reasoning i was happy with managed to jus finish all of them. Make sure to bring a watch they will jus tell you time up no warning given,and litterally run at you to take the page from you. If you see time is nearly up and your not finished just guess and tick whats left to do any questions just ask .

• Advertisement

soundlad wrote: »
    well done The Dude 87. did u have to bring a passport photo wit u to hand in or just leaving cert and birth cert ?

You need a passport photo, leaving cert results and birth cert!! they take them off you at the start and give them back to you at the end!!:) also some form of id to get in!!!:)

Advertisement