Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(1) - The Aptitude Test

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Well done to all those who passed. Doing mine in the morning fingers crossed all goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

Just checked my mail there now and I passed!! Absolutely delighted.....Now for stage 2........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 old_ball

Congrats to everyone who passed-just found out I passed and that interviews will start on July 14th. Im going away in August, does anyone know if the interviews will run into August?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭RandomPunter82

old_ball wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who passed-just found out I passed and that interviews will start on July 14th. Im going away in August, does anyone know if the interviews will run into August?
    Interviews will run in to August and prob Sep. E-mail them the dates you are not available For Interview giving your candidate number. I'm away in July so i Gave them my details and they should be able to arrange the interview at a different Date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

well done to everyone who passed :) had the worst day in work today then got home andgot the email saying i passed absolutely delighted :):):):):):) now the hard work begins anyone know of any good courses to do for stage 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

Got my results this morning. passed couldnt believe it . was so delighted. well done to everyone who passed and those who didnt dont worry you will next time. roll on stage 2 now people . :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 SOUTHTIPP

congratulations to all who paseed well done make msure and prepare well for the interview i have been through it and if you prepare well you have nothing to worry about.

to those who did not pass keep the head up i no i failed the aptitude test the first time but stick with it and you will get their i guarantte yee that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭woohoo

Congrats to everyone who passed!!

I did mine on Thursday, my god the analytical reasoning was very tough, got it finished and was going back over it only got to Q15 with my own review.

Thought the skills part was a bit strange! Job simulation is tricky enough too!

Aptitude over and done with on Saturday, think it went ok. Just have to wait and see when results come out if it was enough to get through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭widget64

Well i had the apt test on saturday. Not really sure how it went except that i didnt get the analytical reasoning finished :( I have to say it was tougher than i expected. Fingers crossed though!!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 AlphaMike

Congrats to all who've passed! :) I did my aptitude test on Sat and I thought it was fairly tough. The analytical reasoning was much more difficult than any material I came across beforehand. :eek: Only got about 32 done and I wouldn't be confident that all them were right! The Job Simulation also caused me a few problems- wasn't so straightforward! :( Well it's done now so nothing I can do about it except wait- it's going to be a long 2 weeks!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Well i have the test tomorrow at 2, not feeling nervous thankfully. Probably because it is in Dublin and most of my attention is on how i am actually going to get to chapter house lol

Anyways wish me luck
    Mark:D

MOG7 wrote: »
    Well i have the test tomorrow at 2, not feeling nervous thankfully. Probably because it is in Dublin and most of my attention is on how i am actually going to get to chapter house lol

Anyways wish me luck
    Mark:D

Best of luck with the exam..... one bit of advice ill give you is time is tight on the analytical reasoning so try leave a min to guess, no point leaving any blanks!!

Chapter house is right outside a Luas stop so you might be easier to park at the red cow and get the luas in. It would take about 30min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

widget64 wrote: »

Chapter house is right outside a Luas stop so you might be easier to park at the red cow and get the luas in. It would take about 30min.

+ 1 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭mc-panda

Hey Guys. Just got a message from publicjobs.

I passed the stage one examination.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Haz33

mc-panda wrote: »
    Hey Guys. Just got a message from publicjobs.

I passed the stage one examination. I came number ** in Batch 1? What exactly does this mean? I'm hoping it's a good thing. I'm guessing it is.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice, help and support. I hope you all do really well too. If you're being interviewed on the 15th, I'll see you there!

This is good. It means you will be that number in line to be interviewed. Well done but you should edit your post and remove your placing as it will be easy to identify you at later stages. Especially if you give date of interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 dottie

Got my interview date, phew.........Must now fill out Form B:)

well done to all who passed so far. what day or how long did it take for results to come out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

how long does it take to get interview date? say if you were around 170 ish how long should you expect to wait?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

paddymc1 wrote: »
    well done to all who passed so far. what day or how long did it take for results to come out?

did my test on thursday of lisbon vote and got results last thursday, so just 1 week:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Best of luck with the exam..... one bit of advice ill give you is time is tight on the analytical reasoning so try leave a min to guess, no point leaving any blanks!!

Cheers, i'm getting the train up and will get the luas from there.

Ye i did the test a couple years ago and got nearly full marks on the analytical reasoning but failed on the job simulation so i'm just looking over more of my notes and examples on that... Don't worry though cause i'm not taking it easy on the other parts either i'm still doing some work on them to.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

dkhill47 wrote: »
    did my test on thursday of lisbon vote and got results last thursday, so just 1 week:pac:

Well guys. how long after your results are you getting your interview dates. got my results last friday and waiting to hear about date now .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 dottie

Did my Apt on 14th - got results on 19th - igot nterview date today (23rd) so not so bad really:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

got my interview date aswell. am bricking it. any one know any prep courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 old_ball

The college that stings people for €265 is a complete waste of time.. Its out of date and all it is, is photocopied paper. What a scam! Talk about easy money.
    Didn't help for the exam at all, feel like asking for my money back.

I rang them today to complain and get my money back, the person on the phone said I had to write in a letter stating why I want a refund! Im so annoyed i paid that kind of money for a course that was a hindrance more than a help. Ah well at least I past the test but it would still be nice to get that 275 back:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

old_ball wrote: »
    I rang them today to complain and get my money back, the person on the phone said I had to write in a letter stating why I want a refund! Im so annoyed i paid that kind of money for a course that was a hindrance more than a help. Ah well at least I past the test but it would still be nice to get that 275 back:D

You writing a letter so??.. I am!!

Things like filling out form A & B, its all out of date..

Even something small like, Form B "Must be filled in with BLACK ink", no it doesn't its all changed.

Probably won't get all of it back, but going to make sure I get at least half!

You writing a letter so??.. I am!!

Things like filling out form A & B, its all out of date..

Even something small like, Form B "Must be filled in with BLACK ink", no it doesn't its all changed.

Probably won't get all of it back, but going to make sure I get at least half!

I am going to write that letter as well....can i suggest we make of list of things before we start typing.
    Another point to note was the sample test the timing on the analytical reasoning was 30min and not 20min. I think this is a fairly big issue. Also they had me studying verbal reasoning at the start. This is needed until the next stage.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

I am going to write that letter as well....can i suggest we make of list of things before we start typing.
    Another point to note was the sample test the timing on the analytical reasoning was 30min and not 20min. I think this is a fairly big issue. Also they had me studying verbal reasoning at the start. This is needed until the next stage.:mad:

Yeah thats a good idea!. To be honest the whole thing was a joke!! especially for that kind of money.
    I'll start making a list so, ( Its going to be a big one :) ) and I'll PM you tonight and 'old ball too', and if ye could PM on your list too.

Yeah thats a good idea!. To be honest the whole thing was a joke!! especially for that kind of money.
    I'll start making a list so, ( Its going to be a big one :) ) and I'll PM you tonight and 'old ball too', and if ye could PM on your list too.

Yeah cool, ill make a list tonight and mail it first thing in the morning. Cant let the boss see me looking through those booklets right now!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Ive my Test on July 11th at 10am. Its the last day for tests. Anyone else doing it then?

Advertisement