Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(1) - The Aptitude Test

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

thekopend wrote: »
    Aw I must have hurt your feelings :(. I'm sorry.

And they said it will be month before the results not stage two actually. There was no mention of when stage two will be.

will stage 2 be held in the month of February?

True
    False
    Cannot say

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Typical. In the middle of filling out the questionnaire and the site is hanging or crashing I am not too sure. It's having some serious issues anyway !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Can't handle the traffic I'd say, I'd imagine that was the reason for splitting them up, they obviously should have split into small groups

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

msg11 wrote: »
    Typical. In the middle of filling out the questionnaire and the site is hanging or crashing I am not too sure. It's having some serious issues anyway !

Yeah I was up to 80% on the Questionnaire and it's just went blank and won't load anything, even the support link.

Read
    Waiting
    Read
    Waiting
    Read
    Waiting
    Read
    Waiting

Why did they plan this for the weekend? Most people are going to get it out of the way Friday so they can enjoy there weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

Im the same contacted the support team followed their advice and still not working just have to sit tight and let the volume go down on the site i assume??

Just hope it saved my answers. Really don't want to have to read all the questions again. Took me about 30/35 mins.

Im gonna leave it until about 9pm should be less traiffic on it then. I was in the zone and all not a happy camper!!!

aido112 wrote: »
    Im gonna leave it until about 9pm should be less traiffic on it then. I was in the zone and all not a happy camper!!!

aw man, nothing worse!

lets hope you keep your mojo

I will dont you worry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Same as me, crashed at around 80%. I went ahead and did the other tests while I was waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Andrea345

I'm not taking mine yet. I want to fit as much practice in as I can, saying that, other things have come up to distract me so I need the time. I forgot to say good luck everyone!

kojack wrote: »
    Same as me, crashed at around 80%. I went ahead and did the other tests while I was waiting

How you get on ?

Not so bad, I'm strong at the discovering rules and got them all finished with a bit of time left. It's the verbal test that's my weakness just got it done with a couple of seconds to spare but there is definitely a few mistakes in there. Did you do them yet?

Not so bad, I'm strong at the discovering rules and got them all finished with a bit of time left. It's the verbal test that's my weakness just got it done with a couple of seconds to spare but there is definitely a few mistakes in there. Did you do them yet?

did u get the 42 questions done?

how were they in comparison to the practice material?

Scouser wrote: »
    did u get the 42 questions done?

how were they in comparison to the practice material?

Yeah got the 42 done just, both tests are near enough the same as the practice. I should be a master at these tests it's my third time going for this career!

Yeah got the 42 done just, both tests are near enough the same as the practice. I should be a master at these tests it's my third time going for this career!

well done ! and best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Was there many tabs on it then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

anyone have any problems with the verbal reasoning on the practice test "http://pas.cut/". I keep getting 0 out of 6 correct and I know that some I have answered are correct. I got both examples before the practice test correct but when it comes to the 6 questions it tells me after that I got 0 correct. I have tried it multiple times most I have got is 1 out of 6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

thegift06 wrote: »
    anyone have any problems with the verbal reasoning on the practice test "http://pas.cut/". I keep getting 0 out of 6 correct and I know that some I have answered are correct. I got both examples before the practice test correct but when it comes to the 6 questions it tells me after that I got 0 correct. I have tried it multiple times most I have got is 1 out of 6?

I was getting 4/6 with one incorrect and one incomplete. Haven't seen a 0 yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

There was someone on here sayiny they were getting -1 and -2, lowest i've gotten was 3 out of 6 with 6 answered, 3 correct and 3 incorrect

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Well done kojack !, was there many tabs etc ? also is there many questions in the questionnaire, and do you have to write in your own answers or just make a selection?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭prodigy1

Hi all, best of luck with the tests..mine has just crashed again. Quick question, on the assessment questionnaire can you click back to change your answer?? I obviously know you cannot do it in the 2 aptitude tests!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

has anyone completed it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Disco Dub

You can't go back on questions on the Assessment Q'aire. But you can go back and change answers on the aptitude tests - if you're still within the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Murphster

I just keep getting 2 out of 6 with 4 incorrect and I know I have answered more correctly than that ... very frustrating. I presume the practice run doesn't mark you with the negative marking process ... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Murphster wrote: »
    I just keep getting 2 out of 6 with 4 incorrect and I know I have answered more correctly than that ... very frustrating. I presume the practice run doesn't mark you with the negative marking process ... ?

How can you be sure you are answering them right, it's very hard. Can't see it making a mistake like that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭sitja

@murphster maybe try a debug tactic (slow but will give you an idea if you are right or wrong) Just answer 1 question try the test 3 times hoping the same Q appears the 3 times and each time choose each option, will give you the answer then.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Murphster

Well for better or worse i have it all done and dusted so my fate is decided!its detailed to say the least!the tests are not as bad as i had feared but theres no way of knowing really. The questionnaire is just based on honesty. Im sure some of the obvious responses are not always the best ones. Good luck to everyone doing them this weekend and beyond ... im happy to have it done! Think ive earned myself a pint or two after that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

For the people that have stage 1 done, can you do the questionnaire and the tests on different days?
    I presume you can when they are on different links?

Advertisement