Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(1) - The Aptitude Test

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

want2b wrote: »
    5 is very good, you will be fine at tests so.

Im brutal at the Verbal Reasoning, can only manage to get 3 or 4 correct each time, the discovering rules is 6 of 6 first time and every time after it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

Rothmans wrote: »
    Has anybody got 6 out of 6 in the verbal yet?
    I've done it a few times, and the max I get is 5

Got 6 out of 6 on my 6th go!! Was getting soooo mad - would stay at it all night if I had to :) It killed me to go through the test questions each time too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

I havent done it a load of times but do the story's change at all?

thekopend wrote: »
    I havent done it a load of times but do the story's change at all?

Nope! And neither do the abstract reasoning questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Zadie10 wrote: »
    Nope! And neither do the abstract reasoning questions!

Well then I would not be getting too exited about getting 6/6 after doing the same story a rake of times. When we do the online one it will be very hard to get high, one shot is all we get, and we won't be familiar too it at all. The abstract reasoning is piss easy tho, it says that the practise test is the same in terms of difficulty to the one we will be doing. Verbal will sort out who's who. It's good to know the material inside out aswel so you know what you are doing and get the knack of finding answers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Scouser wrote: »
    a guess if ever there was one!

unless its directly from PAS - its all speculation

Or else he read it in the information booklet. Like most people who bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

What do ye reckon pass mark will be on verbal reasoning lads??

thekopend wrote: »
    Well then I would not be getting too exited about getting 6/6 after doing the same story a rake of times. When we do the online one it will be very hard to get high, one shot is all we get, and we won't be familiar too it at all. The abstract reasoning is piss easy tho, it says that the practise test is the same in terms of difficulty to the one we will be doing. Verbal will sort out who's who. It's good to know the material inside out aswel so you know what you are doing and get the knack of finding answers

Well obviously I wasnt getting too excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Faith and Justice

aido112 wrote: »

That's what starts rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I wonder will this reflect the 1989 recruitment drive?
    I was listening to newstalk the other day and a fellow from the gra was saying how this was so much more competitive. Back then 11000 people had applied for 1000 jobs. Around 9500 met the education requirements. Of this around 5500 passed the altitude. Of these 5500 just under 4000 would be called to interview over the next 3 years (300 in 1989, 300 in 1990 and 400 in 1991).
    I wonder if they will be doing something similar over the next three years. Forming a panel and gradually inviting candidates for interview in order of merit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

That's what starts rumours

This forum has lost all meaning. I asked a question of interest and get a smart remark. Good luck to ye lads I'm gonna go and concentrate on the exams instead of being insulted. Best of luck to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

The pass mark will not be decided until all results are in. It then depends on what percentage they want to get through to the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mfergus

Rothmans wrote: »
    I wonder will this reflect the 1989 recruitment drive?
    I was listening to newstalk the other day and a fellow from the gra was saying how this was so much more competitive. Back then 11000 people had applied for 1000 jobs. Around 9500 met the education requirements. Of this around 5500 passed the altitude. Of these 5500 just under 4000 would be called to interview over the next 3 years (300 in 1989, 300 in 1990 and 400 in 1991).
    I wonder if they will be doing something similar over the next three years. Forming a panel and gradually inviting candidates for interview in order of merit.

That sounds more like the way recruitment was between 2005 and 2009. Between 10k and 14 applying. Stage 1 knocking out about 70%. The other stages knocking it down to a panel of about 1000....

The fear at the moment is a lot of intelligent people that could make good guards won't apply because of the conditions.

This forum has lost all meaning. I asked a question of interest and get a smart remark. Good luck to ye lads I'm gonna go and concentrate on the exams instead of being insulted. Best of luck to everyone.

No body can answer that question. If they do its only there opinion, which doesn't mean its correct. Plenty of people will believe it and start telling everyone else, and before you know it its just another nonsense rumour.

Sorry if you think me saying "thats how rumours start" is such a terrible insult, I fail to see how it is. Good luck with the test

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

The practice material on line, is that negative marking as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Where is everyone doing these practice tests online? I can't seem to find them

Rushden wrote: »
    Where is everyone doing these practice tests online? I can't seem to find them

It's in the email from public jobs. There's a link to some practice questions

It's in the email from public jobs. There's a link to some practice questions

I didn't receive any email from public jobs at any stage since applying , did everyone receive the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

I didn't receive any email from public jobs at any stage since applying , did everyone receive the email?

did u even receive an email confirming receipt of your application?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

Did you supply the correct e-mail address?

• Advertisement

Scouser wrote: »
    did u even receive an email confirming receipt of your application?

Just went into my account on public jobs and receipt of application message and familiarisation material message are both in there. Do you receive messages on public jobs and an email to your email account about these things or is it just in your public jobs account ?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Just went into my account on public jobs and receipt of application message and familiarisation material message are both in there. Do you receive messages on public jobs and an email to your email account about these things or is it just in your public jobs account ?

yes email recieved to my personal email a/c

is it in your junk mail by any chance?

Juicy432 wrote: »
    Did you supply the correct e-mail address?

Yep it's correct, just found the emails in my junk mail. Is there a way to make sure emails from them will go to my inbox rather than junk mail in future? Yahoo mail

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

Yep it's correct, just found the emails in my junk mail. Is there a way to make sure emails from them will go to my inbox rather than junk mail in future? Yahoo mail

Add the e-mail address you received your mail from and put it into your Yahoo contacts. I think they give you 3 e-mail addresses to save in the document they sent.

Juicy432 wrote: »
    Add the e-mail address you received your mail from and put it into your Yahoo contacts. I think they give you 3 e-mail addresses to save in the document they sent.

Just read through the document there . I'll add them all in, pretty important emails to miss out on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

Have to say the verbal reasoning is not easy best i keep getting is 4 out of 6, suppose its a good way of getting rid of a few people who wont practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SmudgeBox

Right guys have received everything but the link for online practice tests..

Anybody know how ill get them or can anybody send me them in an email?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

SmudgeBox wrote: »
    Right guys have received everything but the link for online practice tests..

Anybody know how ill get them or can anybody send me them in an email?

Cheers
    It's in the document, read it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SmudgeBox

Good man I missed that link as I'm reading it on my phone..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Emails for tests are out!

Advertisement