Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(1) - The Aptitude Test

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Supersiderman

Best of luck to every who have applied and ready to sit their test. Got 5 out 6 in the abstract reasoning. All I am afraid now is that my laptop will freeze or crash during the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭chippy12

just did the mock test there myself

4-6
    and
    5-6

happy enough with that myself.

6 out of 6 baby!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
    Now to master the verbal reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

Just got 6 out of 6 on the verbal, impressed myself, let out a little woo-hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

billie1b wrote: »
    Just got 6 out of 6 on the verbal, impressed myself, let out a little woo-hoo

how many tries billie and Supersiderman?

• Advertisement

Scouser wrote: »
    how many tries billie and Supersiderman?

Been trying a couple of times each day, was on my 3rd try tonight when I got it, unfortunately we wont have that much time to perfect the exam, my usual score is 4 out of 6

I tried a good lot. Kept going until I got it. Nearly went mad trying to get it.

Also go on YouTube for the abstract reasoning, the person explains in great detail how to choose the correct one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Also go on YouTube for the abstract reasoning, the person explains in great detail how to choose the correct one.

Good tip, never thought of YouTube for tips, would help to have someone talking through it. Only so much reading books and websites you can do!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Murphster

There are a good few practice tests online to choose from but there are some big variations in difficulty levels. I was getting 3 out of 10 in some and 13 out of 15 in others. Plus the time allowed to complete some of the tests online is generous compared with the expectation for this. It's safe to say - in my opinion, that it's more luck than skill when you're expected to work at such speed but I hope that all those who are really passionate about becoming a Garda get beyond stage one at least - gonna be a long wait until the end of February :( ... 4pm this afternoon .. nerves building!

• Advertisement

I'm going to buy rescue remedy to calm my nerves.

Murphster wrote: »
    There are a good few practice tests online to choose from but there are some big variations in difficulty levels. I was getting 3 out of 10 in some and 13 out of 15 in others. Plus the time allowed to complete some of the tests online is generous compared with the expectation for this. It's safe to say - in my opinion, that it's more luck than skill when you're expected to work at such speed but I hope that all those who are really passionate about becoming a Garda get beyond stage one at least - gonna be a long wait until the end of February :( ... 4pm this afternoon .. nerves building!

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Got the Stage 1 Assessment Questionnaire LINK, opens at 16.00 today :)

Best of luck Princess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Same to you and everyone else :)

I'm going to buy rescue remedy to calm my nerves.

Valium

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

same as going to hit i first thing 09:30 tomorrow morning after doing a couple of practice tests beforehand

Should we receive the other links later today before 4pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Murphster wrote: »

Where would one get some sample tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Murphster

robbiezero wrote: »

All you need to do is google for both tests an different websites will pop up offering examples an times tests .. there are some which want you to register, pay etc etc but thats not necessary. Plenty of free examples to use. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

I know it's the end of February the results are out but I would think if you made it as far as the next stage you will known before then, I'd say the next online stage will be done before end of February

• Advertisement

thekopend wrote: »
    I know it's the end of February the results are out but I would think if you made it as far as the next stage you will known before then, I'd say the next online stage will be done before end of February

how could they do that if the rest of the candidates havnt recieved their scores?

the mind boggles :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

That would lead to an awful lot of confusion, and you can be sure the PAS would be inundated with queries. I would think everyone will be told around the same time, the PAS wont want to give themselves any unnecessary headaches that could actually slow down the entire process.

how could they do that if the rest of the candidates havnt recieved their scores?

the mind boggles :rolleyes:

You don't necessarily have to have your scores to go to the next stage, I recon they will email you to do the next stage if you have got good enough before you get your results. There is 2 more aptitudes to do and all the other process aswell so I don't see them delaying. The tests don't need to be corrected and the results are instant so I don't see why it would be a month before word on stage two. My opinion time will tell all

You don't necessarily have to have your scores to go to the next stage, I recon they will email you to do the next stage if you have got good enough before you get your results. There is 2 more aptitudes to do and all the other process aswell so I don't see them delaying. The tests don't need to be corrected and the results are instant so I don't see why it would be a month before word on stage two. My opinion time will tell all

they have told you it will be a month before it goes to stage 2

how could they overlap stage 2 when candidates from stage 1 have not yet been informed of their progress?

this would be a cluster**** of epic proportions and make a mockery of the whole process.

maybe ill be interviewed next week since Im gonna score so high

your opinion sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Andrea345

I got the links too. I really want to take the assessment questionnaire on a different day than my aptitudes, but I don't trust the internet connection. I really want to have a clear mind going into the abstract reasoning. It's funny how the easiest test in the familiarisation material is the one that I think will be the hardest.....I don't trust that it was that easy. They are going to hit us with some difficult ones.

Also I noticed with the abstract reasoning (not the familiarisation samples) that there are two types, next in series-odd one out and then another type where there is no sequence from one box to the next but similar characteristics . It's the latter that are the most difficult as I tend to be able to pick out more then one characteristic that stands out in more then one box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

robbiezero wrote: »

Use the practice tests they provided on the email.
    http://pas.cut-e.com

They will be the company providing the tests

• Registered Users Posts: 7 stevie05

i havent got the emails yet? and im jue to do it this weekend??

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Andrea345

stevie05 wrote: »
    i havent got the emails yet? and im jue to do it this weekend??

You have a little under forty minutes yet to receive them. Check your spam also. If you still haven't received them by four today, email the address they have provided.

they have told you it will be a month before it goes to stage 2

how could they overlap stage 2 when candidates from stage 1 have not yet been informed of their progress?

this would be a cluster**** of epic proportions and make a mockery of the whole process.

maybe ill be interviewed next week since Im gonna score so high

your opinion sucks

Aw I must have hurt your feelings :(. I'm sorry.

And they said it will be month before the results not stage two actually. There was no mention of when stage two will be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

So there's two parts too this test on different sites

The Assessment Questionnaire on one site and the Aptitude stuff on the other site?

Advertisement