Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mackerel fishing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭murphy125

Fished for 3 hours in Clogherhead opn tuesday and only two were caught between about ten:(

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

murphy125 wrote: »
    Fished for 3 hours in Clogherhead opn tuesday and only two were caught between about ten:(

You must not a seen me there, fished 20mins before it got dark on tuesday and got 5.

No i was there at high tide at 1.30:D

Forgot to mention caught 2 today in howth east pier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 djdizzy

got about 18 decent size out of dunlaoire harbour today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Any sign of Mackerel in Galway yet?

Got 3 in Dun Laorghaire yesterday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

djdizzy wrote: »
    got about 18 decent size out of dunlaoire harbour today

Were you out on a boat or on the pier?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Any update on clogherhead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Got 120 last week out of cork harbour, they on their way in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 djdizzy

faigs wrote: »
    Were you out on a boat or on the pier?

on the pier got there at about 4 o'clock till 8 just kept reeling them in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Soilseacht

djdizzy wrote: »
    on the pier got there at about 4 o'clock till 8 just kept reeling them in

Were you fishing into the harbour or on the outside of the pier? And which pier was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Degsy wrote: »
    Out off kinsale last saturday..four mackerell for three hours with four rods..weather was bloody appaling and we had to head back early.

As an ex-native of Cork and frequent visitor, where off Kinsale do you fish? In it by boat?
    Is access to the old Head of Kinsale gone completly these days? This was the most popular spot on Sundays for rock fishing (a national treasure sold to a flamming golf club).

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Soilseacht wrote: »
    Were you fishing into the harbour or on the outside of the pier? And which pier was it?
    Yes and what were your gps coordinates?
    X

About bloody time. Went out on a boat near Dun Laoghaire harbour today and got 38, my mate with me got around 50!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 fergalmejergal

Were u out for long ? What side of the harbour were u fishing ? You reckon they'd be in around the harbour ?

Around the mouth of the harbour seems to be good. We were out for nearly 4 hours, drifting around, but you'll find a sweet spot and better off staying there. Closer to the East Pier was good for us. 5 on the line a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

was out at poolbeg lighthouse for 4 hours today and nothing. One other lad beside me got 4 in the same amount of time. Very dissapointing

Clogherhead.
    I was at a mark on the head for 4 hours yesterday, caught 16 macks, 2 codling(same size as my finger!:p) and 6 pollock.
    The pollock was great, i got a full house on my feathers! That was a first for me.:D

were the pollock a good size ?And was that on the rocks or the pier? sorry just being nosey

• Advertisement

murphy125 wrote: »
    were the pollock a good size ?And was that on the rocks or the pier? sorry just being nosey

It was around the head at a spot thats hard to get to;). Its good for pollock! They were mackeral size but me and a mate got them to 3 or 4lb before with bait(crabs).

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

I just spent the whole of last week fishing the pier in clogherhead..
    caught absolutely nothing..i saw one mackerel being caught from the slipway to the left of the opposite bank of the pier...so now this week im gonna go try dun laoire.anybody know if there are a few mackerel hanging about around the east pier?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭hats199

Hello, in east Cork, going mackerel fishing this evening, where would you recommend , Youghal, Ballycotton or Cobh? Anyone have any luck in any of these places recently?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

I am also off this evening for a few Macks, Annestown area.

2nd time doing shore fishing, normally fly fish lakes/rivers.

Sure we'll see what turns up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gilltec

I have been fishing from coliemore harbour and surrounding rocks over the past week (was last there on Wednesday). I caught one mackerel and didn't see anyone else catch a thing. Anyone I spoke to said that they hadn't caught anything in the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Got 30 odd this evening ogg the rocks in Boatstrand. Everyone there was catching.

Went off clogherhead on the boat thursday, water was crystal clear no wind and not many macks! Only 20 caught in something like 2hrs, it was really odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

20 this afternoon in boatstrand. were lovely on the bbq. Catching them there any stage of the tide. Bloody seal rose from the water as i was landing a pollack and stripped it on me:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭david_1888

got about 35 just at the entrance to dun laoghaire harbour today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

Got 30 odd this evening ogg the rocks in Boatstrand. Everyone there was catching.

I was in Boatstrand on Friday night, we got about 40 or so..

Advertisement