Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Restaurant in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

If you're thinking of any of the restaurants, no harm in booking. Last time I was in Stra Bahn was on a Thursday evening and it was wedged.

Hardagon's can get busy in the evening time (there's some great jazz on Friday nights too), but stop serving at about 9 or 10.

Shells closes at, um a reasonable hour in the evening, so that's a daytime job. Don't think they take bookings (Icould be wrong though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

If you are out shopping around the town, get an ice cream from Fabio's on Wine Street (near and opposite the Post Offfice) and sit down by the river at Rockwood parade. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Overpriced tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

loki7777 wrote: »
    Overpriced tbh.

What is?

Fabio's ice cream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Overpriced tbh.

In comparison to HB etc. it is.
    But quality costs more :)

They are not homemade ice cream - You can buy them as well:)

Not getting into an argument about it and I don't know Fabio but his facebook page says 'Homemade'!
    https://www.facebook.com/fabiosicecream

Also available in some shops apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Fabios is great, have to recommend the pizza too. The Swagman is nice for lunch, also I love The Strand for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

magnumlady wrote: »
    Fabios is great, have to recommend the pizza too. The Swagman is nice for lunch, also I love The Strand for lunch.

Do Fabios do Pizza?

Ate in Bella Vista (strandhill) a couple of time over the last week, including a sunday lunch. Absolutely delicious.

Would defiantly recommend The Swagmans Steak Sandwich.

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Do Fabios do Pizza?

Ate in Bella Vista (strandhill) a couple of time over the last week, including a sunday lunch. Absolutely delicious.

Would defiantly recommend The Swagmans Steak Sandwich.

No Fabio's don't do pizza, not that I know anyways.

My intention was to suggest, for visitors to buy a coffee, or an ice cream, or bring a flask of tea and to sit by the river and watch the swans and the ducks amble on the river and watch the world go by. And then maybe go for a bite to eat.

You can eat great food anywhere at a price. But the best things in Sligo are free.

Kettleson wrote: »
    No Fabio's don't do pizza, not that I know anyways.

My intention was to suggest, for visitors to buy a coffee, or an ice cream, or bring a flask of tea and to sit by the river and watch the swans and the ducks amble on the river and watch the world go by. And then maybe go for a bite to eat.

You can eat great food anywhere at a price. But the best things in Sligo are free.
    Also my intention wasn't to argue is it homemade or not - the thing was that you can buy the same ice cream in Galway for example and all over Italy.

He does pizza but You have to wait for it.

Regards

Also my intention wasn't to argue is it homemade or not - the thing was that you can buy the same ice cream in Galway for example and all over Italy.

Regards

Oh. they do pizzas, that's good to know. What are they like? Any good?

I never tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Kettleson wrote: »
    Oh. they do pizzas, that's good to know. What are they like? Any good?

Pizzas are lovely, they take about ten minutes, a bit limited on toppings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Regards

Yes you can buy homemade gelato in Galway and Italy, I've had both, but I love Fabios and it is lovely to treat yourself to a homemade ice cream once in a while while getting personal recommendations from the man himself. Even the pre packaged stuff is going up in price!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mohammed

Fabios ice cream birthday cake was just the best birthday cake I ever had. The kiids didn't get a look in!!

Mohammed wrote: »
    Fabios ice cream birthday cake was just the best birthday cake I ever had. The kiids didn't get a look in!!

hahaha!! nice one..must remember that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

No recession in Sligo anyway, we couln't get reservations anywhere! :D Great to see nice restaurants doing well all the same, we did get a nice lunch in the Strand one of the days and the hotel food turned out to be excellent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Cleverly Mill's early bird is top notch. Well worth a visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Well, I have been back to Source in Sligo twice since I last posted and I reckon it and Shells are the best by a stretch. I tried Aile Bhan on advice here and I found it to be OK, not brilliant. Oversize portions and white tablecloths won't convince me. The beef wasn't the best quality, looked like Belgian blue or some large continental breed, nothing compared to the Hereford that Source do. Loving the seafood in Source, particularly the shellfish, the service was good, relaxed, but it's a relaxed atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Anyone know what happen with Sligo Kebab House? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Overdahill

:eek: Source Sligo Closed since 30Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭scarlet43

Overdahill wrote: »
    :eek: Source Sligo Closed since 30Sept

Yes - heard that this morning. Sign on door apparently saying - Closed due to circumstances beyond their control - It was only a matter of time - put a comment on this thread months ago about how bad their service was - something that was completly within their control !!! Very sorry for the people that are out of work - pity management didn't realise in time what a poor service they were offering to Sligo. Such a pity such a fine building never lived up to what it promised !!

Is the Riva in Grange worth to try it?

devil-80 wrote: »
    Is the Riva in Grange worth to try it?

As chippers go, it's good!

what about pizza and other pastas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

The Golf Club in Strandhill have reopened the restaurant in the evening (now Four Winds) for early bird on weekends (I think, not opened Mon to Wed anyhoo).

Tried it last night, tasty. Just another option, tis a bit outta the way but greats views from the windows too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

This is the worst I've heard in a long time. Apparently the staff in Davis' don't get the tips. Anyone else hear that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Not a restaraunt but others have mentioned take aways. Had been sceptical of a leaflet for Hello Pizza, 20" pizza for €15.
    Ordered it this evening and I have to say, it was an incredible pizza. Better than Dominos and Papa johns in my opinion. Also received a free 1.5ltr bottle of coke too.

Advertisement