Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Restaurant in Sligo

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭heathledgerlove

Herself wanted to go for dinner during the week so decided to head out to Clevery Mill in Castlebaldwin. I've heard good reviews about it but when we got there it was closed. Apparently only open for large groups. So just went to McDermotts on the main road, they seemed to have good review on tripadvisor.
    I have to admit the starters were lovely! However for dinner I ordered the salmon and got a darn of salmon, half a handful of little cubes of veggies and a small plate of mashed potatoes and was charged 18 euro for it!!! I could have bought a whole salmon for less than that! Wont be going back.

Nothing drives me more barmy than complete mean-ness with the vegetables! Fill the rest of the plate dammit!

Another vote for Miso here; was there on Saturday so busy Fleadh day but it was grand & got a table no bother. Had the chicken sushi roll myself, it was huge! And probably quite westernized in its breaded chicken & garlic mayo :P My conspirator had the sashimi, it was beautiful and the fish was absolutely top quality melt in the mouth. Got the hang of the chop sticks just as I was finishing the last bite. Not sure how much attention people pay to (non-alcoholic!) drinks, but I got an apple juice and it came in a huge glass and was delicious! Overall a winner. Great to see a place in this little roadeen in Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Another thumbs up here for Miso. I was in it last night and it was great. Quality food great portions original food and it's obvious that they take pride in their work.
    I'd happily go again tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, went in on Friday night. Absolutely superb food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

I was in Hardigans recently and was disappointed by the food there. The menu had changed too. It was one of the best bar food places around in my opinion. I was told the chef moved to the Riverside so I went there yesterday. Not much of an atmosphere but the food was excellent. Is it true about the chef moving there?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

The Sweet Beat on Bridge St is great for a healthy, tasty lunch. Avocado on toast is my personal favourite. Lovely coffee too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Hi folks. Any restaurants doing early bird on a Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭johnire

I think the Mandarin Court in Wine St have an early bird.
    Kettleson wrote: »
    Hi folks. Any restaurants doing early bird on a Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

johnire wrote: »
    I think the Mandarin Court in Wine St have an early bird.

Thanks Johnire. Are they still open? Always liked that place but haven't been there in ages.

Edit:
    Yes still open, I misread their facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭johnire

No problem...hope you enjoy it if you go.
    I've been twice over the last few months and it was delicious.
    Kettleson wrote: »
    Thanks Johnire. Are they still open? Always liked that place but haven't been there in ages.

Edit:
    Yes still open, I misread their facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I'm sure Montemart has been mentioned on this thread before, but I only recently went for a feed there for the first time. I'm quite disappointed that it took me this long to go; Absolutely fantastic food! I'm not going to call the service slow as I'm guessing it's more so the french way to serve food but there is a bit of wait between each course, in case you weren't expecting it. Really cant fault any of it, as the waiters were very pleasent also!

Definitely another one to go back to again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

Went to The Mandarin Court with my girlfriend recently.

I have to say the two people working there, particularly the one with the English accent, made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Went to The Mandarin Court with my girlfriend recently.

I have to say the two people working there, particularly the one with the English accent, made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

I don't see how this is relevant to the thread, other than slander (and giving an indication of the individual working there). Please refrain from such posts or receive a warning, or a ban from this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

Duly noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jay_A7X

Sweet Beat Café. The food there is amazing and I love how the menu changes daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Jay_A7X wrote: »
    Sweet Beat Café. The food there is amazing and I love how the menu changes daily.

Nice first post ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Slideways

Jay_A7X wrote: »

I went there when I was home. It was a pretty poor effort I thought.

The service is that slow I thought they were growing the beans to order

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I love the food in the draft house, eaten there a few times now and everything I've had I honestly couldn't fault. It also helps that they serve my favourite cider!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Not a fan of the hipster type presentation. What's wrong with a plate?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

every main dish I have had has been served up on a plate..only the burger I had has been served in their little quirky box. the way they serve it will not put me off the tasty food that the chef is turning out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Going to be in Sligo with OH and some friends in a few weekends time.

Can locals recommend any places for a night time sit down meal.In midrange price rise,have heard of Donaghys place near rail station before but they said it's quite pricy,thanks for any feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Pricey but yes its totally worth it. The also have a bar menu that isn't as expensive as the restaraunt

The belfry do good bar food, and also have a restaraunt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Montmartre, the French restaurant would be my recommendation, expensive but they do a reasonably priced early bird.

Was in Coach Lane over Christmas, was good but not amazing, have had better meals in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dk1979

Visited Bistro Bianconi over the Christmas and their early bird is great value with a good selection. They also have a great Kids menu. Always seems to be a good crowd in there and it's right in the centre of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Rugatino (Italian) is easily the best the best mid range Restaurant in Sligo, in fact it is close to being the best restaurant in Sligo in any range. They have a sister operation next door called Fabrica which opened recently. I was in there once over Christmas but just shared a Pizza (which was excellent), so I can't really comment on the full dining experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Rugatino (Italian) is easily the best the best mid range Restaurant in Sligo, in fact it is close to being the best restaurant in Sligo in any range. They have a sister operation next door called Fabrica which opened recently. I was in there once over Christmas but just shared a Pizza (which was excellent), so I can't really comment on the full dining experience.

+1
    Excellent food, very reasonably priced and also devoid of pretension and silly gimmicks (wacky menus etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

ate in the Belfry in February very nice so it was, and very reasonable would go back there again and take future visitors/family visits to the town next time - think i paid €17.50 for steak, chicken wings, and a pint good deal. If you walk upstairs though mind floor part on steps might be slippy, I slipped, nearly fell but just saved meself, jolted me back . I had a decent pair of trainers, ... or it could be I was just clumsy! :)

Advertisement