Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Restaurant in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

barneyrub wrote: »
    Where is rugantinos? Must check it out soon

Riverside, where Four Star Pizza used to be, beside Pepper Alley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

barneyrub wrote: »
    Where is rugantinos? Must check it out soon

Might try it out myself some evening. Working in Sligo for a few months and I was staggered walking around at lunch time at the amount of eateries in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭littlema

Highly recommend Rugantinos, tis just a pity it's so small, but any bigger and it might not be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

little ma wrote: »
    Highly recommend Rugantinos, tis just a pity it's so small, but any bigger and it might not be as good.

So true, great place and can't wait to go back. But very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 popnbox

takola wrote: »
    I've been meaning to start this thread for weeks!

Davis' would have to be my favourite. It's lovely and the food is delicious.

Went for dinner in Ceasur's Saturday night. Was very nice! Not quite Davis' but it's in town.
    .......davis on bundoran road is Safe Catering kinda food, nice ,but old school n a lot of old timers going there for years,,so the foods so so....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

popnbox wrote: »
    .......davis on bundoran road is Safe Catering kinda food, nice ,but old school n a lot of old timers going there for years,,so the foods so so....
    The post you quoted was 6 years old!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 popnbox

red sean wrote: »
    The post you quoted was 6 years old!

I know n Davis is still there, cobwebs n all...lol. foods ok for a road diner . n the old folks... ... :-)

Yes it's still there. Because it's successful!
    I don't understand the reason for your ageist remark, but remember, if the it wasn't for the older folk, none of us would be here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

popnbox wrote: »
    I know n Davis is still there, cobwebs n all...lol. foods ok for a road diner . n the old folks... ... :-)

Actually Davises has upped there game with food quality in recent years. There used to be a cacophany of dings coming out of the kitchen with all the microwaving they were doing at one stage. I remember getting a lunch there and the potatos were yellow with a crust on them it was obvious they weren't freshly cooked.

Nowadays though, be it new chefs or what, the food is quite nice. Good homely simple stuff, no need to over complicate the menu. Plus the decor is nice, clean and spacious, no cobwebs the last time I was in. There are more preferential restaurants in Sligo but thats just my opinion/taste.

Although if they build on any more to it I don't know where they'll go to. It'll be like the priests house in Father Ted - "Ya know, I built an extension onto my extension and now my house is in a circle".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

As someone said:
    prodsc wrote: »
    Riverside, where Four Star Pizza used to be, beside Pepper Alley.

Sounds like you have a vendetta there!
    Also sounds like you're in the minority as it's packed everyday whenever I pass by.

Absolutely no vested interest or any other interest for that matter!
    Have only eaten in it 5 times in the last 2 years. And have no complaints.
    It's not marketed as fine dining so I wasn't expecting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Eh? I'd like to know where you're eating where €10 - €15 for the majority of main courses with veg and chips / potatoes is considered "fine dining".

I don't like that they increase their prices for mains by about €2 on a Sunday.. but their prices are reasonable besides that.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭rocky raccoon

Silver Apple? Is it still open? Was thinking about going this weekend, never been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭johnire

No....unfortunatly it's closed. I used to love going there...the food and service was exceptional.

Silver Apple? Is it still open? Was thinking about going this weekend, never been.

johnire wrote: »
    No....unfortunatly it's closed. I used to love going there...the food and service was exceptional.

Pity. Sligo was nominated for Foodie Town of Ireland, if Silver Apple is gone how many quality restaurants are in the town now? I eat in Howth every so often and there is a fair bit more quality there, as with Galway and Cork (all nominated). I am not saying there isn't quality in Sligo, just that there isn't a great amount of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Been closed a good few months now. The owner is on twitter and does private functions now: https://twitter.com/KennedyLoulou

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Charliebull

somewhere different to take the mrs for a nice meal for her birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Where have you been???

prodsc wrote: »
    Where have you been???

Montmartre, bistro, tra ban, donaghys, lemon cello, venue,

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

Harrisons up at Cliffoney is lovely as is Henrys along the way there. Langs at Grange getting great comments from my friends too.

Out of those listed Montmartre would be the favourite of my wife and I. We go there on special occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Slideways

Been a while since I've been there but I always like Clevery Mill in Castlebaldwin

• Advertisement

Slideways wrote: »
    Been a while since I've been there but I always like Clevery Mill in Castlebaldwin

yes its good for sunday lunch and was in beach bar a couple weeks ago for sunday lunch and it was good

Advertisement