Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic lineup...what do you think?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

shhhh!

my theory is that it has to stop raining soon. clear blue skies for EP.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

quarryman wrote: »
    shhhh!

my theory is that it has to stop raining soon. clear blue skies for EP.

You better be right!

We're all heading down early on fri morning give one of us a text if ya want to tent it up together.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm so glad i'm going to Bestival instead :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Back on sale now on ticketmaster anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'll be packing the rain gear!

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    You better be right!

We're all heading down early on fri morning give one of us a text if ya want to tent it up together.

will do.

Is anyone using that twitter thing that was added a few weeks back?

can't see any now.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

Was going 2use twitter as i thought it'd b handy but they disabled sms in europe this week so not much use now.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭mfield

Bluetonic wrote: »

Just got one! Many thanks for that Bluetonic! Managed to get a campervan yesterday as well - so we're all set bar the weather! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭gazzer

Just tried Ticketmaster and there are no tickets for sale :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

You're unfortunate.. they actually went off sale around 12.50 and then came back on sale around 2.20 to about 3. You must have missed them by a few minutes.

• Advertisement

You're unfortunate.. they actually went off sale around 12.50 and then came back on sale around 2.20 to about 3. You must have missed them by a few minutes.

Ah b**lix. Hopefully they will go on sale again later in the week.

@ Toast. Do you know if there is a way an alert can be sent from Ticketmaster to an email address (or by text message) if more tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭mfield

gazzer wrote: »

Ah b**lix. Hopefully they will go on sale again later in the week.

@ Toast. Do you know if there is a way an alert can be sent from Ticketmaster to an email address (or by text message) if more tickets go on sale?

I have alerts set up but never received one?!

As it happens.....Ive a watch thread setup over on toutless that people can subscribe to (you gotta sign up to toutless and then hit the subscribe topic link below the subject line in the thread.. dont post in it). Idea is as soon as they are back on sale people post in the thread and you get an email sent to you. It depends on someone spotting it on ticketmaster though Ive spotted the last two resales pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭redeight

Hi. Anyone know where I can find info about the line-up times ?
    I want to know what time bands are playing and what stage they are on.
    Has this info been released yet ?
    Also are there any more scans of the programme floating around other than the map on this thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

redeight wrote: »
    Also are there any more scans of the programme floating around other than the map on this thread ?

Stage times will come soon, early next week at latest. Southern Comfort website has some bands playing its tent. And what ya mean by programme? Map is all we need really, the rest will fall into place this year.

BTW, go that Hot Press EP issue today...is there really only 1 ATM in the whole place...and at the back of the Oscar Wilde campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Mushy wrote: »
    BTW, go that Hot Press EP issue today...is there really only 1 ATM in the whole place...and at the back of the Oscar Wilde campsite?

Think so... I remember last year the queue for ATM being like an hour plus wait so I'd stock up on the moola before heading down.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

+1 on the money thing... we were in the Oscar Wilde last year and the queues for the ATM were horrific!

Getting excited now, only 10 more sleeps... even though people have been complaining about the line up theres still about 25 bands I want to see and thats a lot for one weekend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

jackncoke wrote: »

Jaysus thats fairly different than last night. Still good, just not as good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Lainabaina

redeight wrote: »

The map as well as an odd few times (with performers they were interviewing) are in the EP supplement in Hot Press this week.

• Advertisement

Just got a ticket (thanks to my mates girlfriend). Happy Days. Even though I only know about 10% of the acts playing I am still looking forward to my 4th year at EP. Think I will be spending most of it at the comedy and dance tents (and any after hours parties I can find) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'll be right there beside you Gazzer...

Anyone know the weather forecast yet?

I'll be right there beside you Gazzer...

Anyone know the weather forecast yet?

have a look 3 posts up...

Well from looking at that weather report the sun is going to be very very shy for the EP weekend. At least though we wont get burnt or wet. I will probably be sleeping in the dance tent anyway :D so it will make no odds to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

I heard a silly rumour that Picnic maybe cancelled, apparantley the weather has been so bad they haven't been able to set everything up properly. Somebody please tell me this is just one of those idiotic rumours that we often hear before a big event..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Totally true I'm afraid.

On a totally unrelated topic, would you like to buy some magic beans? (and I'm not talking disco biscuits here!)

tman wrote: »
    Totally true I'm afraid.

On a totally unrelated topic, would you like to buy some magic beans? (and I'm not talking disco biscuits here!)

offer asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

opinions on best place to camp? also what time to leave dublin on the Friday to miss most traffic?

Ho-Hum wrote: »
    I heard a silly rumour that Picnic maybe cancelled, apparantley the weather has been so bad they haven't been able to set everything up properly. Somebody please tell me this is just one of those idiotic rumours that we often hear before a big event..

Unless health and safety told them to cancel it they wouldnt. The amount of money tied up in the whole thing is immense. It would probably be the end of Pod and Aiken if they had to cancel it so it wouldnt happen short of the entire site being under 2 feet of water and even then theyd probably still try and put it on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Speaking of which: I need a tent, sleeping bag, poncho and wellies. In particular: wellies. I hear they're sold out. Where in Dublin can you get these? And as for tents (mine died last year), for a good, sturdy but reasonably priced 4-man tent, where's the best place to go?

Advertisement