Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic lineup...what do you think?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Toast wrote: »
    Its ludicrious nonsense.

I can echo that. I was down at the venue today and can assure everyone, things are going to plan. Weather wasn't helping matters but many people getting on with plenty to do.

Must admit the whole Body and Soul area will really be a cool hangout spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Uh oh. Weather forecast has taken a pretty disastrous nose dive. 100% cloud cover for most of the weekend with heavy rain on Saturday & Sunday. BLAH.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/event_forecast.asp?eventID=1073

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Have I gone internet blind, or are there set times anywhere...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

READ THE THREAD!!

not up til next week....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

After being down at the site yesterday can't believe how wet the place is.

All joking aside it's going to be a mud bath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Toast

Youd be amazed how quickly the ground can dry up. Glastonbury this year WAS a mudbath for 2 days and pretty much dried up within hours of the sun actually getting its act together. Werchter was the same. Talking proper dried up ditch the wellies and sit on the grass and everything. Of course we'll still need the sun and that metcheck forecast is being a bit of a tease.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Of course the ground can dry pretty quick but a a couple of inches of water under the foot and already caked mud in places where there is a path wouldn't be cleared up by even moving the earth towards the sun.

Undoubtedly the ground is going to be very bad.

The forecast has changed again...for the better. Quite sunny and very little rain. I suppose its so changeable that theres no point even looking at a forecast.

Tusky wrote: »
    The forecast has changed again...for the better. Quite sunny and very little rain. I suppose its so changeable that theres no point even looking at a forecast.

hrm, is there an echo in here? Guys stop watching the forecast. It will only be (barely) accurate the day before the event.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'll check the weather when i'm putting my tent up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chris d

that's what she said! COME ON!!!

A pox on the Ticket for naming Gomez as their 'if you have to' choice for the friday night. Im hoping they dont clash with Jape, the stunning or the yard dogs. Brewing Up A Storm could kick things off at 5ish nicely.

I've got a terrible buzz on now. These next 4 days in work are going to suck the balls of satan. New maps on the picnic website showing a new Warhol campsite beside Hendrix. Looks like the place to go for a quiter than Wilde, but not too far from the pulse. Im hoping anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Lainabaina

anyone got any info on campsites from previous years - which ones are messy/quiet/close to stuff? Wilde looks like it'll fill up quickly but Chaplin looks like a right trek to and from the car parks...

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

valor wrote: »
    opinions on best place to camp? also what time to leave dublin on the Friday to miss most traffic?

We left Ballinteer last year about 9.30, and were down for about 11, no queueing and no hassle, straight to the campsite to set up. :P

Leaked line up

23ljr5l.jpg

ffs, gomez and sigur ros clashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

quarryman wrote: »
    ffs, gomez and sigur ros clashing.

As soon as I saw Gomez were playing in the Crawdaddy stage a few weeks back I knew this would happen. Fair few other clashes for me also.

Its like the organisers looked into my mind and picked the only 2 bands I really wanted to see and clashed them.

boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

one quick thing though the sunday lineup why are Hayseed Dixie times in 24 hour format and not any of the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

oh and if you get a taxi does anyone know if it can leave you at main entrance near yellow campsite, the one top right corner of the map

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Toast

I wouldnt read anything into it. Just a typo.

I think that either the artist booklet or a second sheet of this must exist as as soon as this leaked there was several myspace bulletins from bands who suddenly had their playing times and who arent on this list. Keep an eye out people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

I'm happy! Grinderman, then MBV, I don't even have to move? :D
    Although I'll probably leggit off to see LOTP for a bit in the middle.
    EEEEP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Not a bad final line-up that.

Ham Sandwich are on very early though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,206 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nice one...Gutter Twins straight into Sigur Rós! Only bad thing i the Grinderman/MBV/Conor Oberst thing...I'm sure I'll end up seeing none of them.

Crystal Castles & Santagold are clashing and also Booka Shade & Digitalism. Pretty crappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Wow, I'm not looking too bad at all for clashing. Worst would be The Roots against Stephen Malkmus but I've seen both of them before so no biggie.

That notion may change though as I start checking out all the acts I'm unfamiliar with. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chris d

Sigur Ros & Gomez
    Malkmus & Grinderman

gutted. :( im going to have to man up, or cry for a bit. haven't decided yet.

the oberst - chromeo and underworld - tindersticks clashes are a pain in the tits too.

no idea what im going to do about the rosomez one. buggerit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Gutted by Sigur Rós and Tiga clashing... Total opposites of the music spectrum, but two acts that I equally don't want to miss:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

***** grinderman Stephen Maklmus and the dodos clashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

**** that they're clashing...
    But is anyone gonna go to anything but Grinderman? **** the bed.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i cant believe christy moore is playing at 7.45pm, i mean what is that all about - i know he is old but i am sure he could stay up a bit later

Advertisement