Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic lineup...what do you think?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Where did you hear that death cab rumour? I checked their tour schedule a few months ago and they are in Oz the week before EP, so not impossible but unlikely...

Would love to see them live again, they are deadly. So come oooonnnnnn....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Both Postal Service and then DCFC have been rumours since before the first announcement. Not sure where it came from though as its been a good while now. Much prefer Postal Service as Ive seen DCFC.

Just noticed on Connects website that Franz Ferdinand are listed above Sigur Rós on the Sunday. I REALLY hope that this isnt the case in EP.

Toast wrote: »
    Both Postal Service and then DCFC have been rumours since before the first announcement. Not sure where it came from though as its been a good while now. Much prefer Postal Service as Ive seen DCFC.

Just noticed on Connects website that Franz Ferdinand are listed above Sigur Rós on the Sunday. I REALLY hope that this isnt the case in EP.

Ah i thought it was a new rumour bout DCFC.

Sigur Ros will def headline some stage, i don't care as long as they don't clash with Wilco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Sex Pistols,
    Sigur Ros,
    Franz Ferdinand,
    George Clinton & The P-Funk Allstars,
    Goldfrapp,
    Christy Moore,
    Tinariwen,
    The Breeders,
    The Roots,
    Hayseed Dixie,
    Boss Volenti,
    Noisettes,
    Foals,
    The Faint,
    Elbow

only a handfull out of the list that i would go to see... only 6 bands i cant wait to see! hmm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Throw in Dan Deacon now as well! Brilliant addition! I can imagine him in the middle of body and soul! :D

catch--22 wrote: »
    Throw in Dan Deacon now as well! Brilliant addition! I can imagine him in the middle of body and soul! :D

Nice One. Wham City to be a highlight of EP08...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Booka Shade are playing. Feckin great!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

State magazine were rumouring that The Dodo's will be playing in the review of their album this month. Anyone who was at their gig in Crawdady recently will tell you they will make a fantastic addition.

• Advertisement

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    State magazine were rumouring that The Dodo's will be playing in the review of their album this month. Anyone who was at their gig in Crawdady recently will tell you they will make a fantastic addition.

Good to hear. I have not heard them myself. They leaning more towards rock/dance/electronica?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sanerah

I'm interested in buying electric picnic tickets, i know they are sold out but I know people will drop out at last minute. where's the best place to find those tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

Are you sure would love to get my hand on a pair I really hope they release more.....Are you sure they relased them last year....

hannable80 wrote: »
    Are you sure would love to get my hand on a pair I really hope they release more.....Are you sure they relased them last year....
    i am not sure how many they released but they definitely did have some on the door as the touts were really sweating it trying to offload their tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

he speaks the truth. Another couple of hundred will appear a day or 2 before the gig. Have your cash ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

was talking to a mate of mine who works for ticket master and she doesnt think there will be any on sale !!! please god no.....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 btq

btq wrote: »
    For anyone thats interested...

I’ve set up a Twitter account 'http://twitter.com/electricpancake' specifically for this years Electric Picnic.

The premise is simple:

‘Using Twitter as a way to keep Twitter users up to date on happenings before, during and after Electric Picnic 2008.’

…and who better to keep Twitter users up to date then other Twitter users!

This is how it works.

I’m assuming that you already have your own Twitter account setup, if not signing up is easy just go here >> http://www.twitter.com

1. First step is to follow http://twitter.com/electricpancake

2. electricpancake will then follow you*

3. Once electricpancake is following you, any Direct Message (e.g. D electricpancake I like Cake) you send to electricpancake will instantly be republished as a tweet on electricpancake itself.

4. Anyone following electricpancake will then each receive that tweet.

*In the process of setting up auto-follow which will mean anyone who follows electricpancake will instantly be followed in return. In the mean time it will have to be a daily run job so please be patient. I should have the auto-follow up and running by the end of the week.

Of the people, for the people and by the people.
    electricpancake will not work as an Electric Picnic update service unless people send tweets to it. It all depends on getting a core of followers who are willing to contribute.

I am also willing to listen to any suggestions on how to develop and improve the idea.

Likely tweets that i know i would be glad to receive:

- Traffic in Portlaoise is building up but moving
    - Car park C is full
    - Loads of space in red campsite down near the portaloos
    - *artist* just coming on the main stage now
    - Not letting any more people in to the **** Tent
    - Bodytonic tent now! Place is rocking..
    - Body & Soul looks like its closing shortly
    - Party in car park C.. look for noisy blue van

…you get the idea.

In my experience of EP and the likes, Text messages get through more often then not while getting calls to connect are hit and miss; which makes something like this even more useful.

Up to 24 followers Including the likes of nialler9 who has thrown his none too considerable musical girth and festival twittering experience behind electricpancake!..update here http://www.achgohairithe.com/?p=427: I Twit You Not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chris d

stephen malkmus and the jicks have confirmed on his website.
    great addition. :pac::pac::pac:

now to buy me a tent.

chris d wrote: »
    stephen malkmus and the jicks have confirmed on his website.
    great addition. :pac::pac::pac:

now to buy me a tent.

Nice one! Mr d, we're going to have a ball!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chris d

ya, i was just listening to his self titled n'all.
    They played Jenny and the Ess-Dog in Tripod the other month, and there was much rejoycing. If anyone hasn't got any pavement/malkmus i'd recommend his latest, Real Emotional Trash, for some melodic-indie noodling goodtimes.

Do the promoters release a time table near to go time or do you have to buy one? Anyone know going by past experience.

Saw some T in the Park footage, man, the millions of arms in the air 'wooo' goons in the crowd was terrifying. Young people, who'd have them?

Wilco, Malks, Elbow, Ros, Grinder, Boss Vol, Cathey D, Jape, Chromeo, CSS spells good things to me.

• Advertisement

chris d wrote: »
    ya, i was just listening to his self titled n'all.
    They played Jenny and the Ess-Dog in Tripod the other month, and there was much rejoycing. If anyone hasn't got any pavement/malkmus i'd recommend his latest, Real Emotional Trash, for some melodic-indie noodling goodtimes.

Do the promoters release a time table near to go time or do you have to buy one? Anyone know going by past experience.

Saw some T in the Park footage, man, the millions of arms in the air 'wooo' goons in the crowd was terrifying. Young people, who'd have them?

Wilco, Malks, Elbow, Ros, Grinder, Boss Vol, Cathey D, Jape, Chromeo, CSS spells good things to me.

There's normally a time table released closer to the date yeah.

Chris we're going to alot of the same **** that wknd, twill be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

bodytonic and 515 will hopefully save it when they announce their lineups.

Whats 515, was it there last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

was talking to a mate of mine who works for ticket master and she doesnt think there will be any on sale !!! please god no.....

Just go down, you will get in somehow.

I actually got in last year, was not asked for a ticket, and got in with a full ticket in hand. have it at home, unused??? Security lax, were all at other gate. Didn't even search me bags, :)

Maybe you could even bribe security to part with a band, make it worth their while.

Plus, touts may drop prices when face with handful o' tickets and no buyers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Waxing the Gaza

Just go down, you will get in somehow.

Totally agree, got in 2 years ago with no ticket, it was a piece of piss.....security is ridiculously lax at it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

hannable80 wrote: »
    was talking to a mate of mine who works for ticket master and she doesnt think there will be any on sale !!! please god no.....:eek:

Well that turned out to be nonsense. Some were back on sale on Ticketmaster today. As I predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Full line up as now visiible on the website:

FRIDAY 29th

At First Light
    Booka Shade
    Carbon Silicon
    Christy Moore
    Dawn Landes
    Digitalism
    Dobet Gnahore
    Fovea Hex
    Givemanakick
    Goldfrapp
    Gomez
    Jape
    Joan As Policewoman
    Kila
    Kissy Sellout
    Late of the Pier
    Little Green Cars
    Lou Rhodes
    Miles Electric
    New Young Pony Club
    Pinky
    Presets
    Sigur Ros
    Terry Callier
    The Gutter Twins
    The Stunning
    Think of one's camping Shaabi
    Tiga
    Tinariwen
    Wallis Bird
    Yard Dogs

SATURDAY 30th

A Trak
    Antibalas
    Arno Carstens
    Black Acid
    Boss Volenti
    Cathy Davey
    Crash Ensemble
    Crystal Castles
    Cut Copy
    Dan Deacon
    Digital Mystikz
    Duffy
    Elbow
    Franz Ferdinand
    George Clinton
    Grace Jones
    Halves
    Havana Son
    Josh Ritter
    Juana Molina
    Kormac feat BS Quartet
    La Rocca
    Large Mound
    Laura Izibor
    Liam O'Maonlai
    Lisa Hannigan
    Mercedes Peon
    Midnight Juggernauts
    Mornington Singers
    Msg
    New York Fund
    Oppenheimer
    Ra Ra Riot
    Rachel Unthank and the Winterset
    Santogold
    Silver Apples
    Soha
    Super Extra Bonus Party
    Teitur
    That Petrol Emotion
    The Breeders
    The Faint
    The Flaws
    The Herbaliser
    The Kills
    The Radio
    Tindersticks
    Tobias Froberg
    Ulrich Schnauss
    Underworld
    Wilco
    Yurodny

SUNDAY 31st

Absentee
    Adrian Crowley
    Black Lips
    Candi Staton
    Ceili House Allstars
    Chromeo
    Conor Oberst
    Cowboy X
    CSS
    Deadmau5
    Dengue Fever
    Dublin City Big Band
    Dublin Gospel Choir
    Emmy The Great
    Famer's Market
    Faust
    Florence & the Machine
    Foals
    Gemma Hayes
    Get Cape Wear Cape
    Grinderman
    Hadouken!
    Ham Sandwich
    Hayseed Dixie
    Hercules & Love Affair
    Iarla O'Lionaird's Invisible Fields
    Ibrahim Electric
    Jah Wobble's Chinese Dub
    Johnny Flynn
    Leila
    Mahmoud Fadl's United Nubians
    Mark Geary
    Micah P Hinson
    Michael Franti & Spearhead
    My Bloody Valentine
    Pivot
    School Of Language
    Sex Pistols
    Sinead O Connor
    Stephen Malkmus
    The Congos
    The Dodos
    The Gossip
    The Roots
    The Urges
    These New Puritans
    Turin Brakes
    Wolfgang Haffner
    Yacht

Would have thought that one more big name would be added but its not to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Anyone else think Sat looks a little weak?
    Sun is cracking line-up. Grinderman FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

silvine wrote: »
    Anyone else think Sat looks a little weak?
    Sun is cracking line-up. Grinderman FTW!

Friday is great for me...Gutter Twins, Sigur Ros:D Shall be good festival, really looking forward to it! Agree that saturday is the worst though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Saturdays not so bad, no major headliners so plenty of time to check out new acts..Underworld and Kormac will keep me happy...

Where's all the news of the sideshows, can't find anything on the ep site dosen't even mention body and soul or the church:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

Friday & Sunday will keep me nicely busy. Saturday for wandering around!!!! Can't wait!

Advertisement