Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic lineup...what do you think?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

for some reason im getting a red x this morning , prob the work filter.

can someone email it to me eoinf365@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Lainabaina

quarryman wrote: »
    ffs, gomez and sigur ros clashing.

Even though they're so different, I reckon a lot of people will be disappointed with this one :(

They're both great live too, maybe it'll be a dash from one to the other kinda thing.

eoinf wrote: »
    for some reason im getting a red x this morning , prob the work filter.

can someone email it to me eoinf365@gmail.com

I'll do that Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Ham Sandwich are on very early though :confused:

I'm guessing that's because they're a small, not-well-known Irish band?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mfield

Tickets back up lads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amnestyWeb

If you had the chance to meet the Eileen's at the EP last year.....
    Watch this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXqH4W5nrQ8

Last year, RTE followed a grandmother and a great grandmother as they took Electric Picnic by storm. This year they’re back to help Amnesty International bring bingo to the masses and celebrate the 60th birthday of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. In an extraordinary theatrical performance caught on camera, Amnesty International filmed the Eileen’s secret pre-Picnic routine.

Starring Murf and Mac: Grandmother Eileen Murphy and Great Grandmother Eileen McGillycuddy from Killorglin, Co. Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Anybody see Underworld tent being full this year? Were people stopped going into Beastie Boys last year?

Thinking Cut Copy to Underworld - chance that you won't get into Underworld??
    They could have put them on the main stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Anybody see Underworld tent being full this year? Were people stopped going into Beastie Boys last year?

Thinking Cut Copy to Underworld - chance that you won't get into Underworld??
    They could have put them on the main stage

If time is tight i wouldnt risk it. I couldnt get into the Beasties last year becuase it was full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The Electric tent is going to be absolutely mobbed for Underworld, I'll definitely be getting there as early as possible to avoid standing outside it...
    Terrible bit of planning really, the main stage would have been better suited, and they've usually had electronic acts on there to close things on Saturday night. (Chemical Brothers, Groove Armada, Fatboy Slim...)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

tman wrote: »
    The Electric tent is going to be absolutely mobbed for Underworld, I'll definitely be getting there as early as possible to avoid standing outside it...
    Terrible bit of planning really, the main stage would have been better suited, and they've usually had electronic acts on there to close things on Saturday night. (Chemical Brothers, Groove Armada, Fatboy Slim...)

Its likely to be as bad as Beastie Boys, which was dangerously packed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Tusky wrote: »
    Its likely to be as bad as Beastie Boys, which was dangerously packed.

It'll be a major disappointment for a lot of people again. I was pissed off last year because the Beasties were one of the acts i really wanted to see.

This year they have Tindersticks and Underworld playing at the same time and both in tents! I should have no problem getting to see Tindersticks, but i was looking forward to Underworld as well. Damnit!!!!

/throws rattle out of the pram!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I made out this timetable for printing: http://www.mediafire.com/?33u3gjxxgax

Easy enough to see who clashes with who.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

plazzTT wrote: »
    I made out this timetable for printing: http://www.mediafire.com/?33u3gjxxgax

Easy enough to see who clashes with who.

great job! thanks for that!

Looks like i'll be spending a fair amount of time in the Crawdaddy tent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2008/08/26/electric-picnic-line-ups-stages-and-times/
    Some new timetables for the smaller areas

Unt zee bodytonic village; (no times yet unfortunately)
    http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/ep/

There's gonna be a hell of a lot to see and do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sunnysummer

as far as I know Bodytonic's lineup is in chronological order

also bodytonic still have some tickets up for grabs

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/people/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

So here's my viewing plan for Friday,
    Whatchez think?

Yurd Dogs – cos they are first on
    Le Galaxie – just heard yesterday they used to be 66e, a band I used to like but I want to see the Mighty Step and Giveamanakick are good too, theres going to be running between tents for this hour
    Fred – or New Young Pony Club – played an excellent gig at Oxegyn last year I think?
    Jape - (because its Richie Egan)
    The Stunning and Joan As a Police Women, the latter is supposed to be a recommended highlight according to State and Hot Press plus got to see some of the former for sheer nostalgia
    Oh dear, this is getting harder!
    Will stick my head into Christy Moore (also for nostalgia) on my way to the Presets
    Glodfrapp – for about 15 minutes just to say I saw them
    Digitalism
    skipping the gutter twins altogether)
    Sigur Ros

....... this schedule does not include beer or loo breaks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Doozie wrote: »
    So here's my viewing plan for Friday,
    Whatchez think?

Yurd Dogs – cos they are first on
    Le Galaxie – just heard yesterday they used to be 66e, a band I used to like but I want to see the Mighty Step and Giveamanakick are good too, theres going to be running between tents for this hour
    Fred – or New Young Pony Club – played an excellent gig at Oxegyn last year I think?
    Jape - (because its Richie Egan)
    The Stunning and Joan As a Police Women, the latter is supposed to be a recommended highlight according to State and Hot Press plus got to see some of the former for sheer nostalgia
    Oh dear, this is getting harder!
    Will stick my head into Christy Moore (also for nostalgia) on my way to the Presets
    Glodfrapp – for about 15 minutes just to say I saw them
    Digitalism
    skipping the gutter twins altogether)
    Sigur Ros

....... this schedule does not include beer or loo breaks!

Very similar day to what il be having.

Le Galaxie
    Jape
    Presets
    Digitalism
    Sigur Ros

Pissed about missing Gutter Twins, Gomez, Booka Shade, Goldfrapp, Carbon Silicon. Thats 5 of the bands really high on my list taken out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Unless there's a miracle with the traffic I think I'm definitely going to miss Jape. Damn it - missed him at Loop Festival too.

Curse this job of mine!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

if you have nothing else to do head to the POD stage on Saturday night at 8pm to watch carosel for some great relaxing easy flowing music.http://www.myspace.com/caroselmusic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭redeight

I am heading up to Stradbally tomorrow morning after a mad day today of getting things ready.
    We will be in the new greeencrafts area demonstrating some eco building techniques.Drop by if you have the time.
    Thanks for all the info. Its a shame about the Booka Shade / Digitalism clash (prob Booka Shade for me),
    but Saturday in the Little Big tent makes up for it.
    Dan Deacon ,Silver Apples, Crystal Castles and then The Digital Mystics.
    And maybe even time to catch a bit of Grace Jones in between !

Have a good one. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Crystal castles on same time as Underworld. :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

grasshopa wrote: »

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(:(:(

Guess I'm going to miss Underworld then. Seen em before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

redeight wrote: »
    I am heading up to Stradbally tomorrow morning after a mad day today of getting things ready.
    We will be in the new greeencrafts area demonstrating some eco building techniques.Drop by if you have the time.
    Thanks for all the info. Its a shame about the Booka Shade / Digitalism clash (prob Booka Shade for me),
    but Saturday in the Little Big tent makes up for it.
    Dan Deacon ,Silver Apples, Crystal Castles and then The Digital Mystics.
    And maybe even time to catch a bit of Grace Jones in between !

Have a good one. ;)

I'm with you on Booka Shade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 knackadog

that line-up will change. George clinton wont be on that late and Underworld will move into that slot. Christy should be on the main stage like he was at Feile '92. Anyway, Jah Wobble's Chinese Dub is where its at, Sunday on the Jazz Stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Offered Ticket Monday and took it, i look forward to Santogold & Sigur Ros in particular.

And the pleasure of listening to my beloved Villa wallop Liverpool on Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Oh dear God no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

At least we wont have to contend with glowsticks and boiler suits at Underworld. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

anyone seen any foldie up chairs around dublin city or has everyone bought theirs already? as an old man can't be doing with all that standing around so need a chair, are there still some left around mary street (haven't gotten north side yet)?

saturday night is going to be a nightmare, would probably go to all the bands listed around 10, going to be a tough call, haven't seen tindersticks in some time but santogold could be worth seeing as could crystal castles. and i have to go to wilco so will miss out on the camptastic grace jones, ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Tusky wrote: »
    Uh oh. Weather forecast has taken a pretty disastrous nose dive. 100% cloud cover for most of the weekend with heavy rain on Saturday & Sunday. BLAH.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/event_forecast.asp?eventID=1073

It still Looks like were going to get very Messy.....any tips for staying dry in a mud bath?

Advertisement