Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic lineup...what do you think?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Saturday has Wilco. What more do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Underworld were for a time down for Friday and haven't updated their Myspace yet. Looks like they needed to beef up the Saturday lineup.

All the days look well-rounded acts-wise for me though I fear the most clashes on the Sunday... definetly has the highest amount of bands I most want to see.

Other than that, got to start checking out all the bands I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Saw some artist down on the lineup- that sets up his equipment in the middle of the crowd as opposed to the stage - ring a bell with anybody? Looked excellent live from a youtube vid I saw at the time - but can't remember who it was?

My "to see" list below for anybody who cares - feel free to add your "must sees"!
    MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Full line up as now visiible on the website:

FRIDAY 29th

Digitalism
    New Young Pony Club
    Sigur Ros (must be main stage - might be better in a tent, but can't see organisers going for it - since they are the main headliners for the whole weekend imho)

SATURDAY 30th

Crystal Castles
    Cut Copy
    Elbow
    George Clinton
    Grace Jones (for novelty alone plus excellent reviews from London show)
    That Petrol Emotion
    The Breeders
    Underworld
    Wilco

SUNDAY 31st
    Candi Staton (novelty)
    CSS
    Hercules & Love Affair
    My Bloody Valentine (hopefully good, but maybe a letdown)
    Sex Pistols (same as above)
    Stephen Malkmus
    The Dodos

Would have thought that one more big name would be added but its not to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Saw some artist down on the lineup- that sets up his equipment in the middle of the crowd as opposed to the stage - ring a bell with anybody? Looked excellent live from a youtube vid I saw at the time - but can't remember who it was?

dan deacon.

• Advertisement

Looks great fun live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNomRDf6_KQ - one not to miss me thinks!

Or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnQrUlepb-k
    quarryman wrote: »
    dan deacon.

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Looks great fun live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNomRDf6_KQ - one not to miss me thinks!

nope. he played in vicar street a few weeks back. Its surreal watching the entire crowd running round in circles or forming a train all played to his techno dance weirdness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Watched the clip - WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just saw the Waterboys have pulled:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭JonThom

quarryman wrote: »
    nope.

Yep, he's on the line-up. Should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw1i-K1kd04

single reason i'm going to electric picnic

JonThom wrote: »
    Yep, he's on the line-up. Should be good.

the 'nope' part was in reply to the previous poster who said he 'one not to miss'. I was agreeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭JonThom

Fair nuff.

Booka Shade and Tiga on the Friday should be good.

Any maybe The Presets? Haven't heard much of them but they've been talked up by a couple of mates lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Theyve been steadily more and more quiet over the years. Back when the festival launched they were very interactive with information and the like. These days you generally dont find anything out till the week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

On a side note from the line up, which is fine for me. Does anyone reccomend bringing walkie talkies to Picnic. As phones can be useless, but good range walkie talkie could be better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Spider_Baby

Toast wrote: »
    Theyve been steadily more and more quiet over the years. Back when the festival launched they were very interactive with information and the like. These days you generally dont find anything out till the week before.

Yeah I agree, not many emails at all this year.
    Every other year there would be phonecalls and emails flying between myself and my friends everytime a new email was received :)

The comedy tent line-up is up on the website. I could be wrong, but they never sent out an email saying the comedy line-up was announced...did they?

What time is it?
    It's DOD time! :)
    Yep, David O'Doherty is back in the comedy tent this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭loloray

Yeah I agree, not many emails at all this year.
    Every other year there would be phonecalls and emails flying between myself and my friends everytime a new email was received :)

The comedy tent line-up is up on the website. I could be wrong, but they never sent out an email saying the comedy line-up was announced...did they?
    No, I don't think they did sent out a comedy line-up mail. I agree that the EP crowd is DEFINITELY more quiet this year than ever before, not to mention the line-up is most definitely the lowest profile (not including the first year - I wasn't at that). I expected to be hearing of a few pretty impressive acts in the last couple of weeks (like other years), but nothing.

Have they forgotten us?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭loloray

Mushy wrote: »
    Just saw the Waterboys have pulled:(
    Ah no. I thought they'd be good craic!

loloray wrote: »
    Have they forgotten us?

of course not, our money is sitting comfy in their account. Why pimp it now? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Franz Ferdinand on the line-up........

Is this the beginning of the end for EP as we know it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Yeah a strange addition to the lineup I think!
    Franz Ferdinand on the line-up........

Is this the beginning of the end for EP as we know it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Waxing the Gaza

Hey, wasnt Babba Maal on the original line up? I dont see his name on the day schedule on the website. Anyone know what the story is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Lainabaina

A site map AND a comedy line up including the DOD?? I think we'd all be better off passing on info here than waiting for emails, they've been very quiet indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Hey, wasnt Babba Maal on the original line up? I dont see his name on the day schedule on the website. Anyone know what the story is?

Along with Blitzen Trapper, The Constantines, and The Waterboys whove all dropped off the lineup without any announcement from the promoters. The Waterboys announced on their website that it was due to the promoters "renegotiating" their contract at a lower rate that wasnt economically viable for them to perform at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

KevIRL wrote: »

Am I misisng something here I don't see a silent disco.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

When the line up was being called out on the radio all them months ago the said Moby was to perform, Nothing ever came after that.

I see he's playing london on the 31st of august

Is there any chance of him being a last minute big announcement??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Waxing the Gaza

Irjudge1 wrote: »
    Am I misisng something here I don't see a silent disco.:mad:

Number 7. The Dance village is in an odd spot...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

I see he's playing london on the 31st of august

Is there any chance of him being a last minute big announcement??

He's too old...let go...nobody listens to techno !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

Got tickets...but will it be a wash out? Cars getting stuck etc etc

Advertisement