Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic lineup...what do you think?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Yeah. The VIP tent. Good luck getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

even for elbow? c'mon, they're not even mentioned on the picnic lineup page!

and like i said... im flying from new zealand to ireland purely to see them live. i get a bit stubborn and determined on some issues... and elbow is one of those issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Elbow have their fair share of rabid fans in Ireland. You might get lucky and see them wandering around before or after their show. I saw Gary Numan watching The Frames from the back of the tent in 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

except **** grinderman cos elbow will be there... :D

only been to one festival before... rock am ring... and there, there's tents where you can meet the artists during certain times... anything like that at lectric picnic?

Yeah Hotpress do a tent where you can go for Q&A's with certain bands at certain times and they generally do a bit of handshaking after.

muahahahaha... im getting so maniacally excited now just thinking about this as reality!

woo! but that tent does exist.. that's all i really needed to know (unless you have any more info as to how to spot these people... )..

• Advertisement

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Yeah Hotpress do a tent where you can go for Q&A's with certain bands at certain times and they generally do a bit of handshaking after.

is there any way to actually find out about it, or do you just have to know? will it be advertised on a book you might get there going in, or anything like that, or will i really just have to have it all figured out before i get there... or just get lucky...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭kramerica

Oops, forgot about 'The One Whose Name Cannot Be Spoken' above there, forgive me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

is there any way to actually find out about it, or do you just have to know? will it be advertised on a book you might get there going in, or anything like that, or will i really just have to have it all figured out before i get there... or just get lucky...?

Its treated like a stage. There is a timetable for it which will be online the day before the festival or if you buy an official timetable at the gig itself. Not every act does it though so dont blame me if Elbow are'nt doing it.

haha, cool. eep, the day before... not sure when im flying in exactly, but ill be morbidly jetlagged the day before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

^^that name's familiar:pac:

Only thing i'm looking forward to in this festival is comfortable camping...

And sigor ros :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lads, is this sold out? Bit crap if it is, cos Im ticketless:( Plus, if it is, it means I'll just go to Pukkelpop in Belgim instead...be handy to know now!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Mushy wrote: »
    Lads, is this sold out? Bit crap if it is, cos Im ticketless:( Plus, if it is, it means I'll just go to Pukkelpop in Belgim instead...be handy to know now!

Heard it's sold out now alright.
    Last year they released more tickets closer to the event though. I found there were plenty of people trying to get rid of tickets last year as well. I'd imagine it could be the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Heard it's sold out now alright.
    Last year they released more tickets closer to the event though. I found there were plenty of people trying to get rid of tickets last year as well. I'd imagine it could be the same this year.

I was thinking that alright, but knowing me I'll book Pukkelpop before that happens(if I even gthere at this rate). Cheers though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 btq

For anyone thats interested...

I’ve set up a Twitter account 'http://twitter.com/electricpancake' specifically for this years Electric Picnic.

The premise is simple:

‘Using Twitter as a way to keep Twitter users up to date on happenings before, during and after Electric Picnic 2008.’

…and who better to keep Twitter users up to date then other Twitter users!

This is how it works.

I’m assuming that you already have your own Twitter account setup, if not signing up is easy just go here >> http://www.twitter.com

1. First step is to follow http://twitter.com/electricpancake

2. electricpancake will then follow you*

3. Once electricpancake is following you, any Direct Message (e.g. D electricpancake I like Cake) you send to electricpancake will instantly be republished as a tweet on electricpancake itself.

4. Anyone following electricpancake will then each receive that tweet.

*In the process of setting up auto-follow which will mean anyone who follows electricpancake will instantly be followed in return. In the mean time it will have to be a daily run job so please be patient. I should have the auto-follow up and running by the end of the week.

Of the people, for the people and by the people.
    electricpancake will not work as an Electric Picnic update service unless people send tweets to it. It all depends on getting a core of followers who are willing to contribute.

I am also willing to listen to any suggestions on how to develop and improve the idea.

Likely tweets that i know i would be glad to receive:

- Traffic in Portlaoise is building up but moving
    - Car park C is full
    - Loads of space in red campsite down near the portaloos
    - *artist* just coming on the main stage now
    - Not letting any more people in to the **** Tent
    - Bodytonic tent now! Place is rocking..
    - Body & Soul looks like its closing shortly
    - Party in car park C.. look for noisy blue van

…you get the idea.

In my experience of EP and the likes, Text messages get through more often then not while getting calls to connect are hit and miss; which makes something like this even more useful.

That's a great idea. I've signed up. I'm new to Twitter but I take it can configure it to send me the twitter updates via text?

Can I update Twitter via text?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yeah, that was what i was just about to ask ^^^ :)

edit: also, does it cost to recieve texts from twitter?

This quote from Twitter doesn't seem to be clear on it:

"Twitter doesn't charge anything for this, but be sure to know what your text plan looks like with your wireless carrier. "

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Messed Up Mind

only been to one festival before... rock am ring... and there, there's tents where you can meet the artists during certain times... anything like that at lectric picnic?

Yeah, I encountered a similar tent type thing at Pukkelpop, very formal, where the artist played a few songs acoustically and signed autographs. Generally, most artists (the ones that aren't up their own holes) will walk around the festival area, with some even camping among the general campers, so keep your eyes peeled and prepare to be star struck! Saw Lisa Hannigan, Tommy Tiernan, Des Bishop, etc etc, and loads of others, floating around the place. The VIP area is useless. Only the MCD, Phantom and journo types float around there with their noses up in the air.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

No Lost Vagueness (apparently it's gone to commerical for them), that's a big dissapointment and will definatley take from the carnival atmosphere....

No sign of DJ Yoda or Jamie Lidell yet either, hopefully Bodytonic will pull something out of the bag.....

Lost Vagueness have been confirmed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭brown-dog

I have never taken that much notice of the line up for the picnic as always have such a good time down there regardless. Cant believe that the capacity has increased again but is still big enough to take the extra people just hope they dont over pack it and ruin what people love about it!

What's the capacity now??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Lads, you're in for a treat with Sigur Ros. Just saw them at Rock Werchter. Amazing band. Even more amazing live. Do NOT miss them.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Lads, you're in for a treat with Sigur Ros. Just saw them at Rock Werchter. Amazing band. Even more amazing live. Do NOT miss them.

Fantastic. Only started getting into them recently. got Agaetis Byrjun and that is simply a beautiful album. What would you recommend for my next purchase? I thinking maybe I should get the new one seeing as they will probably play most of that at the Picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Splainc wrote: »
    What would you recommend for my next purchase? I thinking maybe I should get the new one seeing as they will probably play most of that at the Picnic

Get Takk. They played a lot off of that and it's my favourite album of theirs. They are seriously good. Shivers up spine good.

EDIT: Screw it. Get them all. My order of preference is probably Takk, (), Agaetis Byrjun, Hvarf-Heim.

Get Takk. They played a lot off of that and it's my favourite album of theirs. They are seriously good. Shivers up spine good.

EDIT: Screw it. Get them all. My order of preference is probably Takk, (), Agaetis Byrjun, Hvarf-Heim.

Ah **** now I will buy them all this weekend and be broke!

Cheers though that's great to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

btq wrote: »
    For anyone thats interested...

I’ve set up a Twitter account 'http://twitter.com/electricpancake' specifically for this years Electric Picnic.

Sounds like a great idea. Never had a compelling reason to open a twitter account but this did it. Following you now. hope it works

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

+1

Probably the best performance at RW. Defo go see them

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Any news on tickets? Do ye reckon they'll go back on sale? I'm in a little situation here.

Oh, and it's ( ) all the way for me, if you enjoyed Agaetis Byrjun. They go hand in hand, more so than AB would with Takk....

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

I've heard that Death Cab for Cutie and Mogwai may well be on the cards. That would be special; Mogwai and Sigur Rós! The whole atmosphere etc. mindblowing.

Takk is simply a masterpiece. Cannot wait to see them at the picnic. Cannot bloody wait!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

am i likely to find band tshirts there, or am i best just getting them online now?

Yeh theres band tshirts at the merch stalls.

Advertisement