Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic lineup...what do you think?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

DadaKopf wrote: »
    Speaking of which: I need a tent, sleeping bag, poncho and wellies. In particular: wellies. I hear they're sold out. Where in Dublin can you get these? And as for tents (mine died last year), for a good, sturdy but reasonably priced 4-man tent, where's the best place to go?

I got this exact one off ebay last year, same seller, survived ****** and ep.....
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/RAGE-Haarstadt-8-Person-4-Bedroom-Dome-Tent-RRP-269-99_W0QQitemZ150285080950QQihZ005QQcategoryZ82292QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

While were on the subject of tents, mines been curled up in a ball since ep07, what's the best way to clean/air them out etc? I reckon there's some bang off it now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

What happened mine was I loaned it to someone who didn't air it out BEFORE putting it back in the bag. If yours was wet when you put it away, chances are it's infested with mildew. You need to take it out, see if it's infested. If you're lucky, leave it outside (when it's dry) and it should be OK. Assuming the air's warm enough to lift off any moisture.

I think we just woke up Monday morning and stuffed it in the bag, don't think it was wet (maybe some booze spillage).....I presume you can see the mildew? Been waiting for a dry couple of days to air it out....no luck yet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

What's the latest on this being cancelled due to flooding?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Toast

Its ludicrious nonsense.

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    Its ludicrious nonsense.

+1

I was talking to one of the guys over the staging an hour ago and everting is still on track.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Heres a forecast for the Electric Picnic weekend. I really want to believe it but it seems too good to be true.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/event_forecast.asp?eventID=1073

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Guys don't even bother checking the forecast until a day or two before the festival. Irish weather just isn't that predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

My god.. If that's the weather... **** me!

What's the best campsite do folks think? Andy looks a bit out of the way...

i'm thinking about the one where the dance arena is....is it James Wylde or something.....thinking it looks a bit to close to the entrance....

Savage forecast.....:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PADegE6gNR4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Waxing the Gaza

In particular: wellies. I hear they're sold out. Where in Dublin can you get these?

Try Michael Guineys, i got some for the picnic 2 years ago, im sure they were only around a fiver....

http://www.joe-bananas.co.uk do wellies for about 16euro that you can then pick up at the festival. Pricey enough but it saves dragging them there I guess and at least theyd be guaranteed for you as well so you dont have to worry about them selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

will christy moore play the main stage!?

hannable80 wrote: »
    will christy moore play the main stage!?

I'll be calling Shenanigans if he dosen't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdQcs-eJgWo

"All the Renegades sing all the Renegade songs"
    That's going to be some sing along:D
    Come on EP!!!

Anyone know if there is gonna be an off licence on site again this year? That was handy last time.

There is and they are taking orders now.

Toast wrote: »
    There is and they are taking orders now.

Ahh found it thanks!

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/shop/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Ulrich Schnauss - what an edition......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Lainabaina

Speaking of which: I need a tent, sleeping bag, poncho and wellies. In particular: wellies. I hear they're sold out. Where in Dublin can you get these? And as for tents (mine died last year), for a good, sturdy but reasonably priced 4-man tent, where's the best place to go?

The camping shops down around Capel St and Little Mary St should have proper Dunlop wellies for 20 quid. I picked up a cheap, but decidedly girly pair in Penneys; not sure what the man-welly situation is though.

Tent this yr is courtesy of the Argos Sale :) They have sleeping bags too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Ulrich Schnauss - what an edition......

+1. Words can not describe how happy I am about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Does anyone know if they are going to publish times and stages for the acts on the website or will we be stuck buying those over priced programmes ?

I cant miss Gomez

oh, has any heard that Lordi have been added to the llist?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

hannable80 wrote: »

crocs for the win! wore them all last year and not a bother, light on the feet, comfy, easy to clean and dry.

irishbird wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they are going to publish times and stages for the acts on the website or will we be stuck buying those over priced programmes ?
    oh, has any heard that Lordi have been added to the llist?

Theres noting on the site that timetables are on their way but they had them in the past so we can hope. Probably be Wednesday or Thursday if the previous years are to go by.

Havent heard anything about Lordi? Any source on that? Would make a funny addition for the 5pm Main Stage slot on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ive been listening to some of the artists on the line up that I aint heard before. Santogold sounds quite good. On first listen seems like good pop music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Anybody know of any places where I could buy a cheap Gazebo? I want to bring one to EP and so I went into Argos and Woodies but they only have those ones that you have to screw together. I was looking for a fold up type one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

60 euro for a slab of heinken.................:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

gazzer wrote: »
    Anybody know of any places where I could buy a cheap Gazebo? I want to bring one to EP and so I went into Argos and Woodies but they only have those ones that you have to screw together. I was looking for a fold up type one.

Im looking for one too. Aldi have a pop up one at 90 blips but it's heavy as fook and comes in a massive box. thats what she said

Tickets back on sale on ticketmaster

• Advertisement

Im looking for one too. Aldi have a pop up one at 90 blips but it's heavy as fook and comes in a massive box

Im heading up to Enniskillen tomorrow for my monthly food shop to Asda so i decided to check out the Argos site to see what type of Gazebos they have up there. Saw this one
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6501455/Trail/searchtext>GREAT+DEALS+ON+GARDEN+FURNITURE.htm
    so I have reserved it. It weights 15 Kg so not too bad. Just have to find a steel trolley or some pulley device to transport this along with my tent, fisherman chairs, drink etc etc :D

Advertisement