Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic lineup...what do you think?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

Really looking forward to Sigur Ros as well - saw their movie a while back in the IFI and it blew me away. 3rd year going, and the Picnic is always a quality weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Evenescent

Foals are going to be excellent!!!!! :D

Wilco, Kila , The Gossip, Lisa Hannigan ,The Jimmy Cake (have to be get a plug in - my uncle's group).

But yea the line up for the festivels this year aint fantastic
    (roll on the muse gig) :)

For me I had to choose between Picnic and Oxygen. At Oxygen BATTLES and KOL were really the only groups I was interested in seeing.

..so Picnic it is :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

faust and silver apples a good you should check them out. Faust are a precursor to my bloody valentine/sonic youth and the like. "kraut" rock is what the papers like to call them, i always get a smile out of this. They do experimental stuff with guitars. Silver apples are a late 60's fun with oscillators electronic band. Check them out is what i say. Instead of bitchin' about the line-up discover the hidden jems

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

tbh, for 250 euro I'd rather discover the "hidden gems" on my ipod.

With established bands I know what I'm going to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I think it sucks how they have failed to build the momentum by not announcing more acts, which is quite odd considering the festival has failed to match last year's early sell out (which was late April, I recall).

Two months on since the first announcement and still no update.

Do you not get the feeling that that's because there are no more big acts to announce?

I'm off to the official forums to see what the rumours are. (Is that an oxymoron?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

quarryman wrote: »
    Do you not get the feeling that that's because there are no more big acts to announce?

Could be... they did book Christy Moore after all.

Could be... they did book Christy Moore after all.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Waxing the Gaza

If i remember correctly the chemical bros were announced very late last year, its gonna need another big act to boost the ticket sales ireckon, fingers crossed anyway....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Bazuki

TBH, if they don't get another big act such as Portishead or Flamming Lips they are fecked for this year.

I'm gonna reserve judgement until the final line-up comes out, but so far it's not worth the money I have spent on a ticket. Only around 10 acts so far I'm looking forward too, compared to the other festival which has 20 +

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

Any idea when the tickets are being posted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭gazzer

I have gone to EP every year since it began but I havnt bothered to get a ticket for this year yet. I know there is a great atmosphere there and there is so much more to do than just seeing the bands but I still cant justify spending all that money. Im going to hold off for another little while before I decide wheter to buy a ticket or not.

Doyou know if they plan to release the detail of the additional acts on the official website or will it be broadcast in the papers first? Yeah - Ryan Adams would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Bodytonic Line Up:

Diplo
    Roni Size
    Benga
    Kerri Chandler
    Modeselecktor
    The Count and Sinden
    Rob Hood
    Steve G
    Redshape
    Fish Go Deep
    Dj Spinna
    Aron Jerome
    Toddla T
    Trus'me
    Ass Quake Dj's
    Lindstrom and Prins Thomas
    Billy Scurry
    Charles Webster
    Christian Promer

Plus a few more.

Really excited about Modeselektor, Benga and Rob Hood. Redshape should be great too. Pretty impressive from the Bodytonic guys.

Rumours are still floating of a main line up announcement later.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

I have to say yet again another major dissapointment with the Bodytonic Lineup- not a patch on last years- Yoda, Simian Mobile etc. I'm praying they get the finger out and announce some really quality additions, its badly needed- in comparrison to other Euro festivals of a similar prince range the EP lineup is a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Any more word on this?
    Still waiting on a few more acts to really seal the deal.
    Ryan Adams would be the icing on the cake for me.

Ryan Adams is not going to be there, dream on guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Santogold
    Crystal Castles
    Chromeo
    Cut Copy
    Digital Mystikz
    Tiga
    Hercules & Love Affair
    Antibalas
    Gomez
    Gemma Hayes
    Giveamanakick
    Super Extra Bonus Party
    The Black Lips
    Carbon/Silicon
    The Faint
    The Presets
    Digitalism
    Antibalas
    The Congos
    The Herbaliser

These were all added yesterday, that is all!

Hercules & Love Affair
    Good work picnic! :D:D

• Advertisement

Cut Copy and Gomez, cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Mushy wrote: »
    Elbow
    Hercules & Love Affair
    Gomez
    Giveamanakick
    Digitalism
    Cut Copy

Nice additions there in fairness. Not quite enough for me to part with my cash though. Is this the last of the additions or will there be more?

Can anyone recommend some other good bands from that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Bacchus wrote: »
    Nice additions there in fairness. Not quite enough for me to part with my cash though. Is this the last of the additions or will there be more?

Can anyone recommend some other good bands from that list.

Yeah there will defo be more and there should be one more headline act to announce I think (im hoping for Weezer). Bands id recomend out of the additions that you didnt put down would be:

Santogold
    Crystal Castles
    Chromeo
    Cut Copy
    Digital Mystikz
    Tiga
    Super Extra Bonus Party
    Carbon/Silicon
    The Faint
    The Presets
    The Herbaliser

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Pretty underwhelmed by those latest additions. :(
    I think the Foggy Notions stage is going to be sorely missed this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Bands id recomend out of the additions that you didnt put down would be:

Santogold
    Crystal Castles
    Chromeo
    Cut Copy
    Digital Mystikz
    Tiga
    Super Extra Bonus Party
    Carbon/Silicon
    The Faint
    The Presets
    The Herbaliser

You mean all of them? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Haha, I'd seriously doubt Weezer will play, but be amazing if they did. The Gutter Twins have to be officially added to the list yet, and they'd be worth checking out(its Mark Lanegan, it wouldnt be anything less). From the latest additions, I'd say Digitalism could be very good, hopefully they are, do kinda like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think I'll try flog my tickets now, it's a shocking line-up and showing no signs of improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i dont know or care about 99% of the acts there... the important thing is... ELBOW ARE PLAYING AND MY MATE IS FLYING ME HOME FROM NZ SO I CAN SEE THEM LIVE.

how sweet is that... ****, can't wait. gonna be the greatest weekend ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

+1 if you substitute Elbow for Grinderman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

except **** grinderman cos elbow will be there... :D

only been to one festival before... rock am ring... and there, there's tents where you can meet the artists during certain times... anything like that at lectric picnic?

Advertisement