Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (UK) 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/

Then click on any of the contestants' pictures to see their profile.

I meant the programme which was on bbc, talking about all the backgrounds of the finalists, like Lucinda's tough family background.. Know where I could find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Think it's a very deliberate decision that Claire and Lee were put together. I reckon that those two stronger all-rounded contestants were put there because in reality SAS has narrowed it down to them. Will be shocked if they don't 'win' and if he doesn't pick one of them.
    I don't know about that. I'm sure Alan has heard the adage about eggs and a basket. Why would he put his two favoured candidates on the same team when something could happen and he'd have to fire both of them (lets say Lee gives the presentation and it totally bombs, it would mean he would have to fire both lee and claire even though it wouldn't have been claire's mistake)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Bloody rumour mill is up and running again! The things I've been hearing!

I want Lee or Alex to win. Claire just annoys me and Helene is meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Todoquetengo

Akrasia wrote: »
    I don't know about that. I'm sure Alan has heard the adage about eggs and a basket. Why would he put his two favoured candidates on the same team when something could happen and he'd have to fire both of them (lets say Lee gives the presentation and it totally bombs, it would mean he would have to fire both lee and claire even though it wouldn't have been claire's mistake)

As Bond-007 said earlier it's Surallun's decision who wins the task so if he has put his two strongest together it won't be a problem as he'll pick whoever he wants as the winner. And the show can be edited to support his decision. I think he decided long ago who he will pick...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I couldn't believe it when he put the four candidates into the final. It doesn't really make any sense at all.

Agreed but one good thing is that there will be a winner announced for the final task. Normally with only 2 finalists the result of the final task is never given as SAS makes his decision based on performance over the whole series.
    I think Surallun has been a complete bottler this series what with almost firing Sophocles on numerous occasions and now creating a silly (imo) finale like this one.

On the Why I Fired Them special last night he said that Sophocles was good for nothing. Why did he give him so many chances then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Cork wrote: »
    Have to agree.

She showed personality and leadership.

Showing doubt about a job after a grueling interview is normal.

Lucinda was much better than the others.

Only times she was good though, was when she was a PM. In other tasks she was arguing with everybody. In other words, she can't work within a team, she even admitted it herself. Your man picked this up during the interview as well - that's why he kept going on about her being a contractor.

But Alex snitching on her was very low. Fair enough giving feedback if she didn;t perform during the task, but this had nothing to do with it. Snitching to get ahead, pure and simple.

ElNino wrote: »

On the Why I Fired Them special last night he said that Sophocles was good for nothing. Why did he give him so many chances then?

He also said "Even Sir Alan gets it wrong sometimes". Fair enough I think.

And about Reaf in the TV ad task:

"I think he was expecting an Oscar when he came to the boardroom". Summed this task and the reasons for firing Reaf nicely I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ElNino wrote: »
    He said that he eventually he realised that he was good for nothing and that almost against his better judgment kept on giving him another chance because he was young and inexperienced. He also said that, to some degree, he reminded him of himself when he was that age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Please note that this thread is for discussion of the UK version of the apprentice only. Any discussion of the forthcoming Irish version will be deleted from this thread. There is already a thread on the Irish version of the Apprentice here. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Just see on my programme guide that BBC1 NI is not showing the You're Hired show at the time advertised last week (10.40). Instead there is some sh1te called By Royal Appointment. I wonder have their schedulers a clue, with You're Hired on from 11.10-11.45:mad:.

In any case, looking forward to the main event tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

They're showing You're Fired on BBC2 at 10 and You're Hired on BBC1 at 11.10 - think the break is for coffee refill :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

That's the case for the rest of the UK, but Northern Ireland are sticking in some programme about Royal schools at 10.40. Because that will obviously get a much higher audience that interviews with the winner and Sir Alan... Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

FFS your one Halan(sp?) blaming Alex for losing...pure bullsh1t!!!

Complete BS. Passing the buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

I have to say that I'll be happy with either of them winning. They both deserve it, imo.

I agree. Maybe he'll hire both of them!

Lee gets it!

Ah delighted for him, but gutted for Claire !

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

thought he was going to hire both of them

Oh the drama!

steelbar wrote: »
    thought he was going to hire both of them

Maybe he'll give her a job on the QT. I think he had a lot of time for Claire.

• Advertisement

Oh the drama!

Haha, I know. I was in bits waiting for him to get on with it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Pity, I was really hoping Claire would get it. But I suppose he was a good candidate too.

Helena is a plank, going on about the bottle in the taxi. Sore loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

That's wha I'm talkin about!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

He did the same thing he's done every year, give the job to the second best candidate and overlook the strong woman :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Hennybug wrote: »
    He did the same thing he's done every year, give the job to the second best candidate and overlook the strong woman :rolleyes:

Maybe he just thought she'd be a pain in the arse.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

At least "Cluure" can go work for Karen Brady now

Hennybug wrote: »

Na na na men are better than women!!:D

He's still smarting from Michelle I reckon, and who'd have foreseen Katie pulling out for familial reasons last year? Bet he knew Claire will be fine and get a great job no bother.

Would she though?! I don't think I'd hir her after seeing how talkative she can be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

kmart6 wrote: »
    Would she though?! I don't think I'd hir her after seeing how talkative she can be!

good point, i think that is what she went down on

Advertisement