Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Met my buddy from Carlow earlier for a coffee in bray.

Rumors in town that wetherspoons might be closing down due to lack of business?

I can't see that happening it seems to do a reasonable business. If I heard they were buying a pub in Kilkenny I'd believe the rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He said they weren’t doing anything like the trade they expected.

He said they weren’t doing anything like the trade they expected.

Hard to imagine any company moth balling an investment so large so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

2020s Festival of Writing and Ideas will have Mgt. Atwood as a speaker; the organisers're not telling people expected to book early bird tickets what day and when she'll actually be on though......

As a caveat the website states that no matter which day you plumb for or whether you purchase a weekender ticket.....there's no guarantee of a place at any of the talks as it's on a first come, first seated basis and seating's limited due to size of rooms.......

Further caveat's that full list of speakers'll not be announced (or known by organisers yet perhaps????) til March but will be announced incrementally from December (bar Mgt. Atwood who was named in an e-mail from FOWAI this evening).......

Friday tickets're €50; Day Passes're non transferable so duck you if you call in sick the day before as it were! Crazy that you can't transfer your ticket to another punter and get your 50 back; you can't give it over to someone else who might want to attend a specific talk on the day either; it could be done by proof you're not a tout and I doubt at such high brow events touts're really a thing outside the site or online.

Saturday's 72 Euro with same rules & Sunday's from 21.29 to 60 Quid; unsure of why there's a from/to in this instance.

3 Day Tickets're 169.50; using Sundays maximum rates you're saving €12.50; price of a Falafel or Burrito and glass of wine on site perhaps?

Camping for 2 Nights in a Bell Tent (don't say it brain; don't say it's for Bell Ends....don't!) is......€350; 2 People to a tent so that's 87.50 per person and....no grub; it's not B&B like as they mention the Stephouse is at the end of the drive and that they serve coffee on site in the morning and the food stalls're normally up & running for a "late" breakfast (all of which you'll pay extra for)!!!!

Yurts & Teepees're also available but prices're not listed on website; you have to contact organisers for that which is strange.

You can bring your own RV or Caravan for €25 for the 2 nights with no discount for 1 but this is extra to any of the day or weekend tickets you purchase; you'd think they'd throw in a Friday ticket at least like?

Camping on site's possible too for €25 for 2 nights with no discount for one but you can't actually park in the camping area; you can park your vehicle/s nearby (so this could, in theory, be within the grounds of Borris House itself if they allocate a field for this purpose......or it could be outside on the street which is a bit of a two fingers if you're also buying a day or weekend ticket too).

Showers & jacks on site alright but no 'leccy supply (too mane to shout for a generator????) so you've to bring battery packs to charge up yer electronic devices & also a torch or two to prevent you breaking yours waddling back post sesh three sheets to the wind.

Bear in mind this festival is sponsored and probably has a number of prime & secondary sponsors; it's a fricking shakedown for the culturally & artisitically minded me thinks.

Or am I stingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

When last year's festival was on, the gentleman running it came barging into Aldi demanding bags of ice. He ran up to a till, ignoring the queue. A lot of the bags of ice ended up in the floor, some of them burst open. No one helped him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

I see AR has herself a Youtube channel. So this is her job now - content creator... the content being mentally unstable rants about Tusla and foster parents.

All of those pathetic losers are trying to jump on the Tommy Robinson bandwagon, because he has done very well financially from gofundme and youtube views.

About time the courts grew a pair of balls and fling her back in jail. She's out to make a quick buck, nothing else.

I see AR has herself a Youtube channel. So this is her job now - content creator... the content being mentally unstable rants about Tusla and foster parents.

All of those pathetic losers are trying to jump on the Tommy Robinson bandwagon, because he has done very well financially from gofundme and youtube views.

About time the courts grew a pair of balls and fling her back in jail. She's out to make a quick buck, nothing else.

Glad she's done that because it'll hopefully show people what kind of a crack pot she actually is. It's always someone else fault never her own she's as pure as the driven snow :rolleyes:

What's actually scary is how many supporters she has, it really would make you despair for Carlow and easy to see why the council are falling behind in other areas when they're dealing with this clown and her entourage.

Front page & Page 2 of todays paper; 9 months for AR but got bail of €400; her Da paid apparently.

One of conditions of bail were that she refrains from commenting on matters currently before the courts online.......check out her social media platforms to see how that one's worked out; she already has a 3 month suspended sentence deferred for 2 years hanging over her since May; quite why that one wasn't activated yesterday is beyond me; it could've meant the 9 month one could be made concurrent or a portion of it suspended.

Saw a video yesterday made by an individual in ARs entourage where 2 TUSLA Employees were followed up Dublin St. to a cafe and harangued all the way with verbal insults.

Her & their behaviour, incl. occupying TUSLA offices here is, to quote her favourite phrase from her videos, "absolutely shocking".

She's the gift that just keeps on giving; can't not watch her videos even if I know I shouldn't it's like a Carlow version of Jeremy Kyle!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Glad she's done that because it'll hopefully show people what kind of a crack pot she actually is. It's always someone else fault never her own she's as pure as the driven snow :rolleyes:

What's actually scary is how many supporters she has, it really would make you despair for Carlow and easy to see why the council are falling behind in other areas when they're dealing with this clown and her entourage.

Tusla don't take kids off parents or bring them to court for the laugh- there's clearly a very serious side to the story that we are very convienently not hearing. But i'm sure anyone that knows her knows the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

road_high wrote: »
    Tusla don't take kids off parents or bring them to court for the laugh- there's clearly a very serious side to the story that we are very convienently not hearing. But i'm sure anyone that knows her knows the truth.

Well they explained a lot of it on the Late Late show for the nation to hear

• Advertisement

Panda Asian Ethnic Food Shop (have probably butchered the name!!) is opening soon on Castle St. where the Irish Shop was; currently being renovated/refurb'd.

My Facebook Memories from this day 6 years ago indicates I was quite naive or gullible or wet behind the ears.......

"Brilliant lunchtime launch event in the town hall today of Carlow Town Team. Positive vibes & ideas floated around. Our Town. Your Town. Be a part of it. Get involved. If you've ideas suggest them. Don't sit on the sidelines moaning. That'll get you nowhere. That'll achieve nothing".

Looking at it now and you might as well post here; Carlow Town Team was mothballed; yet another quango or committee who probably ticked a few boxes, claimed some expenses and moved on to the next roadshow to do the same thing under a different name or maybe a few different names to ensure the backslapping continues.

Christmas in Carlow is now the name of the original Facebook page; they even covered that up.

Not sure which particular body or idea took over from Carlow Town Team; guessing My Carlow plan or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    My Facebook Memories from this day 6 years ago indicates I was quite naive or gullible or wet behind the ears.......

"Brilliant lunchtime launch event in the town hall today of Carlow Town Team. Positive vibes & ideas floated around. Our Town. Your Town. Be a part of it. Get involved. If you've ideas suggest them. Don't sit on the sidelines moaning. That'll get you nowhere. That'll achieve nothing".

Looking at it now and you might as well post here; Carlow Town Team was mothballed; yet another quango or committee who probably ticked a few boxes, claimed some expenses and moved on to the next roadshow to do the same thing under a different name or maybe a few different names to ensure the backslapping continues.

Christmas in Carlow is now the name of the original Facebook page; they even covered that up.

Not sure which particular body or idea took over from Carlow Town Team; guessing My Carlow plan or something else?

Thought that had changed to Love Carlow? Or is that gone now as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,372 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bring back the Dolphin while they are at it.

So the anti TUSLA roadshow rolled into Kilkenny today. Bye-Election & European MEP Candidate failure was on hand to live-stream it all. Usual shouting, obstruction, resisting arrest but the Gda. Siochana're at fault of course.

Couldn't've happened to two nicer individuals; view all 5 mins. 50 seconds of it from ex journalist GO'D here > https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F100011070254271%2Fvideos%2F942496396129360%2F&show_text=0&width=560

Inevitably there'll be an Occupy Kilkenny Gda. Stn. this evening or similar at Carlow District Ct. tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Nokia6230i wrote:
    Couldn't've happened to two nicer individuals; view all 5 mins. 50 seconds of it from ex journalist GO'D here >

Who was the second woman. Is she from Carlow. A train wreck the whole AR situation is self inflicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

What is the Dolphin

What is the Dolphin

It was a statue they had in front of the bank by the path and they moved it to create the car park

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

So the anti TUSLA roadshow rolled into Kilkenny today. Bye-Election & European MEP Candidate failure was on hand to live-stream it all. Usual shouting, obstruction, resisting arrest but the Gda. Siochana're at fault of course.

Couldn't've happened to two nicer individuals; view all 5 mins. 50 seconds of it from ex journalist GO'D here > https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F100011070254271%2Fvideos%2F942496396129360%2F&show_text=0&width=560

Inevitably there'll be an Occupy Kilkenny Gda. Stn. this evening or similar at Carlow District Ct. tomorrow.

Jesus fruitcakes, how did the guards remain calm listening to that ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The arrests have been compared to scenes from The Wind That Shakes The Barley on twitter :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

What is the Dolphin
    It was a statue they had in front of the bank by the path and they moved it to create the car park

Someone reads this thread they are talking about the Dolphin on it's all about Carlow this morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

This appears to be the nearly 25 minutes before the arrest.

https://www.facebook.com/100011070254271/videos/942458439466489/UzpfSTY2MzA2MzkwMDgxNTc0MDo4Mjg4MjQwMjc1NzMwNTk/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARDfy_FOJLxGcyoYsMQWzLxTOzCB9ZhhgaCptPlj1fWIokbRYBHvivuQvniRLfTMggaw9IhocNjpI9HL

I am confused as to why the Garda says there is an arrest warrant but he doesn't appear to have it?

ex journalist GO'D here >

I spent an hour on her FB page this afternoon man I really started to wonder do I really live on the same planet as people on her page.

I feel dirty and sick after it.

What I have taken from it is this Country has a lot of people with serious mental health issues and most of them seem to be on her FB page.

I spent an hour on her FB page this afternoon man I really started to wonder do I really live on the same planet as people on her page.

I feel dirty and sick after it.

What I have taken from it is this Country has a lot of people with serious mental health issues and most of them seem to be on her FB page.

Care in the Community! Years ago these head bangers would have been in St Canices or St Dymphnas

Tea Shock wrote: »

https://www.facebook.com/100011070254271/videos/942458439466489/UzpfSTY2MzA2MzkwMDgxNTc0MDo4Mjg4MjQwMjc1NzMwNTk/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARDfy_FOJLxGcyoYsMQWzLxTOzCB9ZhhgaCptPlj1fWIokbRYBHvivuQvniRLfTMggaw9IhocNjpI9HL

I am confused as to why the Garda says there is an arrest warrant but he doesn't appear to have it?

That was surreal...it’s dreadful when you get a cabaal of these tin foil hat nutters together. The end result for Angela Ray will be frequent prison visits with even less chance of getting her son back

So the doors on Mamas Takeaway on Dublin St. (Umbertos) have been boarded up......no sign on window explaining though.....

Beside it Peri Peri Indian (?) Restaurant/Takeaway which replaced Green Chilli has a sign in door simply saying closed due to an inconvenience; doesn't say what the inconvenience is or when it might reopen.

Add to that the Boardwalk Bistro Restaurant (using that as a holding name as there isn't one up on it yet) still stands empty of a tenant despite being refurb'd inside with tables set etc.; there was a halt to internal works for quite some time, think signs in window at time indicated opening A-W 2018/2019 but in any case it's like a gleaming (inside) white elephant now since Summer 2019.

While around the corner there's some sort of a homeless camp in the alcove beside Polonez; think 3-4 sleep there; they must've been freezing last few nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Tea Shock wrote: »

they dont always need an arrest warrant to arrest someone. I thought he actually said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

You just have to look at the people who are jumping on this bandwagon. That women told AR to resist arrest, the only thing that does is get AR into more trouble and leave the brady bunch scat free to post their "everyone retaliate" videos on FB. Obviously mental health issues with a lot of these people and others taking advantage for their own benefit. The one thing that does annoy me is that they can't accept anything, they are always right, The Gardai are this and that and recording the guards all the time, like can they grow up and get a life and maybe focus on rehabilitating themselves to be in a position to actually have a chance of caring for a child. From where I'm sitting all these people are doing is more harm that good, both for their own legal cases and their reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

maccored wrote: »
    they dont always need an arrest warrant to arrest someone. I thought he actually said that.

He said there is a bench warrant for her arrest!

Advertisement