Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Happy Christmas, the spirit of goodwill is alive and well with HanFiredFist.

Wouldn't it be nice if the professional beggars showed some goodwill and f*cked off looking for top-ups on their social welfare xmas top-ups.

They're breaking the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Happy Christmas folks. What's the story with all the kids on scramblers. 3 teens flying around my road. I was in an estate in town earlier and two dopes almost crashed in my parked car. They were no older than 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

iano.p wrote: »
    Happy Christmas folks. What's the story with all the kids on scramblers. 3 teens flying around my road. I was in an estate in town earlier and two dopes almost crashed in my parked car. They were no older than 12

Same in my area. They're a big problem all over the country. Parents with more money than sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Bit late now for Christmas Day but the annual "What's open in Carlow town on Christmas Day" was, Tullow St. Pharmacy (9am-8pm all year round), Maxol/Mace on O'Brien Rd. (I think!) and possibly Amber in Graiguecullen; maybe Applegreen on Killeshin Rd.

Meanwhile St. Stephens Day commercial life begins to ratchet up with Nexts Annual Sale kicking in at Stupid O'Clock & I think River Island's the same & maybe New Look over that side of Fairgreen.

Dealz back open cos you can never have as much tat; what you bought on Christmas Eve that broke down Christmas Day can now be purchased again cos it'll surely work this time.......

Penneys're back in @ 11am; spoke to a staff member who said last year there was a queue formed outside; Jebus wept like; they're the only store open in it tomorrow.

Tesco back open too; ALDI & LIDL + SV & Dunnes rightly remain shut for the 2nd Day.

An Post're not doing collections/deliveries til Monday & Dole Office're back in Friday; unsure the point of this.

USC/Brand Max (Heatons) is open in Fairgreen too; would imagine there'll be no throughway in Fairgreen as a result.

Soup Kitchen was open Christmas Day for a sit down meal; spoke to manager & 60 had tickets but always a cancellation or two ahead of or on the day.

Little Irish Shop on Castle St.'s been replaced by Pandas Asia Market > https://www.facebook.com/Little-Pandas-Asia-Market-109759650506984/

• Advertisement

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Little Irish Shop on Castle St.'s been replaced by Pandas Asia Market > https://www.facebook.com/Little-Pandas-Asia-Market-109759650506984/

That's got to be welcomed. It's unbelievable the savings you can make by buying bags of garam masala and cinnamon sticks in the Asian shops vs buying those ripoff little jars of spices in the supermarkets.

Highfield filling station out of the stalls in double-quick time with their Diesel price hike after yesterdays news from Iraq.

1.34 => 1.40!

If ye need heating oil I'd get your order in Asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Hi folks does anyone know if the council allow free parking in the carpark down at the boat club on a Saturday morning for the Parkrun?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,469 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I don't think there is, I know they were taking about it last year alright however I don't think anything came of it.

St. Claires/Clares Hospitality Kitchen will be opening a Hospitality Drop in Centre this Springtime; the location is round corner from current base opp. Governey Sq.; beside Corcorans; the building was an accountants up to recently.

• Advertisement

Cllr. Wallace was interviewed by Presenter Francis Nesbitt on KCLR Live in Part 2 today > https://kclr96fm.com/kclr-live-wednesday-15th-january-2020-part-two/

She makes the sledge @ Fine Gael the reason for choosing Saturday the 8th was to disenfranchise 3rd Level Students; she maintains many'd transferred their votes to Carlow if in the RTC & St. Pats for Marriage Equality & Repeal the 8th.

Says environmental issues're at core of PBP Policies; pffft; they jumped on Green Party bandwagon after their anti water protests; green issues were never at their core as the anti water protests were all about the can pay for Sky but won't pay for clean water & a decent water infrastructure service for residential, commercial, agricultural industrial crowd.

No comments/texts were read out; not all of the texts could be read out, some of the texts could be libellous ha ha!

Guessing a negative reaction to her interview then?

!Quite a few text messages in; I would love to give a balanced read out but I don't see any positive ones" was another comment by presenter ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    She makes the sledge @ Fine Gael the reason for choosing Saturday the 8th was to disenfranchise 3rd Level Students; she maintains many'd transferred their votes to Carlow if in the RTC & St. Pats for Marriage Equality & Repeal the 8th.

That Wallace one is a right moanbag. If it was on a weekday, she'd be giving out that college students can't vote because they are away from home.

If college students go home for the weekend, they can transfer their vote back home so that they can vote in this election. They can fill in the form in the link below and as long as they send it back before the 14th day before polling (excluding Sundays, Public Holidays and Good Friday), they can be included on the Supplementary Register.

Still time so.

https://www.checktheregister.ie/appforms/RFA3_English_Form.pdf

If college students are bothered voting, they can make voting arrangements to suit.

Vape Shop on Dublin St.'s closed; they'll retain a presence in Carlow S.C. though; for those unaware of where it was, it was where Mrs. Hayes Arts + Crafts Shop was.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That makes no sense! Saturday completely accommodates all students as ones both away for college and also living locally will be as free as eachother to vote. They just won’t be voting for her- not if they have any eye on pursuing a career that pays money. Saying that she seems to be doing alright herself making hot air out if nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That makes no sense! Saturday completely accommodates all students as ones both away for college and also living locally will be as free as eachother to vote. They just won’t be voting for her- not if they have any eye on pursuing a career that pays money. Saying that she seems to be doing alright herself making hot air out of nothing. We’ll have to endure her in Kilkenny part of the constituency again, yippee 🥳

Student unions have been calling for Saturday elections for decades and now as soon as it happens she complains.

She never seems to have a positive comment about anything it's all about negativity with her and her ilk.

A Saturday Election is a great and positive thing.

While the Cllr. is complaining and isn't a student or lecturer herself, her fellow PBP "Activist" is a lecturer in Carlow College which Cllr. Wallace attended up to about 2015 when she ran in the bye-election; she ran in Kilkenny City Local Elections in May; this may've influenced part of Cllr. Wallaces thinking?

In relation to the Senator I recently found three posts I'd saved from end of May 2017 about her & the local FF branch/cumann seeking a Social Media Volunteer & with the requirements they were/she was clearly making eyes at the Media & PR course students in the IT.

Quite why Carlow Volunteer Centre carried a political ad for volunteers when, for the initially suggested duration required, 2 hours a week, the Senator could surely've flipping paid them, is beyond me.

Her latest schtick is to post a video from her Tullow St. office about Womens Aid facing potential closure (probably a bit wide of the mark but it's election season so it goes unchecked as such at local level); this is a Senator who didn't attend the Womens Refuge Rally in December & who then posted a comment, hastily edited, about the lack of numbers at the protest.
    She said did you ever wonder why, with a pop. of 25,000 in Carlow town & surrounds there was only around 50 at it (she wasn't one; her non-appearance was being questioned) & went on to say "I believe the people of Carlow have no faith in these type protests".....

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

AR running as an Independent in the Elections. The world is gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

Cw85 wrote: »
    AR running as an Independent in the Elections. The world is gone mad.
    Put her in to get her out was Develera,s old slogan . The country has a long history of electing prisoners . The only thing worth watching on Television would be Dail report .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Can anyone tell me if the half hour free town parking extends to the car park up at Carlow College?

• Advertisement

Well it lasted longer than I though it would without some vandalising it.

The defibrillator at the New Oak centre has been damaged.

Well it lasted longer than I though it would without some vandalising it.

The defibrillator at the New Oak centre has been damaged.

What do you mean by that. The majority of people from new oak are hard working honest. Maybe the difibrillator was damaged by people walking by the estate

iano.p wrote: »
    What do you mean by that. The majority of people from new oak are hard working honest. Maybe the difibrillator was damaged by people walking by the estate

Where did I say they weren't! You are the one jumping to conclusions here!

Defibrillator's up and down the Country that are left outside building have been damaged by scumbags the same kind that throw lifebuoys in to rivers.

The Defibrillator at the New Oak centre is in a prime location for scumbags to target and I am surprised it has actually taken this long it to be damaged.

Where did I say they weren't! You are the one jumping to conclusions here!

Apologies but I picked up your post the wrong way.

Can anyone tell me if the half hour free town parking extends to the car park up at Carlow College?

No; it was, I think included in the annual Christmas (free) parking initiative but that's it.

But outside of that period it's simply Tullow St., Dublin St., Kennedy Ave., Potato Mkt. & Castle St. (to most normal people that's a hill but nope, Castle Hill is where Dominos is, the flat part.......).

But here's the rub; it's up to Maor Trachtalai to cop you at these locations so you can throw the motor there at 9am & it s/he doesn't see before say 9:15 you might get til 9:45am out of it or even longer; it's so potentially open to abuse & I can't fathom why Carlow Co. Co. couldn't calibrate the machines to print out a ticket for the free period; makes life tougher for traffic wardens & those who want to use the spaces potentially.

So Bramleys Jewellers is up for sale with Thomas Byrnes on Dublin St. handling sale > https://www.daft.ie/carlow/commercial-property-for-sale/retail-units-for-sale/62-64-dublin-street-carlow-town-carlow-905642/

In, presumably, connected news, the Halifax building (Finegans for others) is being fitted out; Bramleys posters're in windows onto Tullow St. & Potato Mkt. so would imagine a relocation once sale closed.

Coffee 2020 is going into Lennons Coffee House on Potato Mkt.

The 02 Store is being worked on inside currently; no idea regarding plans.

Where Miss Piggys Shoe Shop was? Going in there's a Barbershop.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

How many barbershops does Carlow need???.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭rule supreme

Can anyone recommend a place or a person in Tullow or Carlow who can fix or service a strimmers .Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Can anyone recommend a place or a person in Tullow or Carlow who can fix or service a strimmers .Thanks

Try Carlow Lawnmowers in strawhall by swans, they fixed one for me before - https://www.facebook.com/ccarlowlawnmowers/

tbh if it is a cheap one more often than not your better off buying a new one

• Advertisement

Charlie Timmins up near the recycling center or Carlow lawnmower shop at swans. Either of these two places

Advertisement