Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Tea Shock wrote: »
    He said there is a bench warrant for her arrest!

in the video I watched at 1.28 he said 'we dont need to get a warrent'. I had to wade through that tripe again to make sure - thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Paddy O'Gorman was in Carlow this week to talk to recipients of Christmas bonus outside of Post Office > https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21671471

PS 4s, iPhone 8s, X Boxes.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Me and the wife both work full time and we cannot afford to spend 1200 on phones for our two ****ing hell this country is so ****ed if you can afford to do this on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Paddy O'Gorman was in Carlow this week to talk to recipients of Christmas bonus outside of Post Office > https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21671471

Poor aul Carlow- he knew he’d get plenty of gold material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I heard that - maybe Paddy picks his people well, but you'd be scratching your head after that whilst you slave away to make a few bob, pay your taxes and keep these ladies in the style they and their families are accustomed to :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

maccored wrote: »
    in the video I watched at 1.28 he said 'we dont need to get a warrent'. I had to wade through that tripe again to make sure - thanks for that

There are 2 videos
    Try watching the correct one

Dolores (Dee) & Gemma were back in town this evening @ Hanover Pk.; two cars drive by at one point (16-17 mins. in) and Gemmaroids is all "It's a lawless town"; then goes on her anti council estate rant, her Globalist Agenda rant, her Mass Immigration rant about Carlow like she knows a thing about the county or town > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z960vkrSXFs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

My favorite bit was the bit about the lovely old building be torn down around Carlow to provide apartment blocks for the non-nationals,

It'd be no harm if somebody would bother their arses tearing down some old buildings around Carlow!

As mad as Go'D is she isn't wrong about the drug problem in Carlow the town is riddled with heroin and worse. That park and empty Penny's is a war zone.

Tea Shock wrote: »
    There are 2 videos
    Try watching the correct one

yes m'lord, whatever you say m'lord (doffs cap)

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if the Sheehy's garage is any good or are they just a car sales place. I have a Skoda and need a few things done on it and I see they seem to have the VW franchise in Carlow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Does anyone know if the Sheehy's garage is any good or are they just a car sales place. I have a Skoda and need a few things done on it and I see they seem to have the VW franchise in Carlow.

Sheeys is like an other main dealer they can be expensive. But they look after two of our work Vans and I have no issues with them. A good independent mechanic would be a cheaper option depending on the cars age etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I leave the work van in there and they seem grand no idea on prices but they do charge €20/day for a replacement car.

Cheers guys I will need a few replacement parts the car is a good few years old so I though it would be better to got with a VW garage as it might be easier for them to get the parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Cheers guys I will need a few replacement parts the car is a good few years old so I though it would be better to got with a VW garage as it might be easier for them to get the parts.

I'd be inclined to leave it into an indy if you need a fair bit of work done as it will be expensive in a main dealer. Parts can be sourced no problem these days so that shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,471 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

While taking about garages can anyone recommend one?

I have an issue with wiring I think that needs to be looked at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Trevor Sheryl the back of Carlow glass might be worth checking out.

While taking about garages can anyone recommend one?

BC motors in ballickmoyler do a lot of car electrics and wiring

I passed the old Tech today and it is being fenced off is the IT going to knock and build part of the campus there.

Not sure I posted about this before but Mammas Pizzeria on Dublin St. had both its doors boarded up the last few weeks til today or so; their Facebook gives no indication of if they'd closed down; will have to see now the wood's been removed if they, or another incumbent, trades there again.

Peri Peri Grill House (formerly Cafe Formenti & then Green Chilli which actually opened on Christmas Day last year) has a sign saying "Due to some inconvenience we're closed until further notice" (may've slightly mis-worded but the word "inconvenience stuck out); no explanation as to what the inconvenience is; wasn't trading that long since it took over from Green Chilli ceased.

Lastly onto begging; have seen a bit of an upsurge in town centre lately; in past week alone I've seen 2-3 outside Centra/at Specsavers, both male & female; Dealz has had 2-3 outside of it too & ALDI has a lad who's becoming a regular there now.

Somedays he just sits against the trolleys but lately he's in your face asking for spare change & walking around; security guard in there, when he's on duty is either pure s**t in terms of moving him on or has given up cos these buckers'll continue to back to lucrative spots; it's the muppets who give them money for their fixes who aren't helping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

Lastly onto begging; have seen a bit of an upsurge in town centre lately; in past week alone I've seen 2-3 outside Centra/at Specsavers, both male & female; Dealz has had 2-3 outside of it too & ALDI has a lad who's becoming a regular there now.

Somedays he just sits against the trolleys but lately he's in your face asking for spare change & walking around; security guard in there, when he's on duty is either pure s**t in terms of moving him on or has given up cos these buckers'll continue to back to lucrative spots; it's the muppets who give them money for their fixes who aren't helping.

I've noticed this as well. For years there was a young chap who would beg outside the likes of Aldi, Centra and Bank Of Ireland but I haven't seen him for a few months now. Hope he got some help.

Chatting to one of beggers today he told me the town is being flooded with crack instead of heroin over the last few months he said he is struggling a lot and help is there but if he went into the hostel the staff are good but there is other lads staying in there pushing it on everyone who is they the intimidation in the town from dealers is very bad. I asked him would he not move on home or to another town or at least go into treatment, When he told how hard it is to get into treatment I was blown away, He needs to be clean of drugs before they will take him in and he needs to get on the methadone treatment first he just ends up going around in circles. I had to wonder would he be better off going to jail where he might get more help both for his addiction and his mental health.

I see McVerry go the whole front page of The Nationalist this week and a huge write up yet less then 20 people turned up to see him speak. There was more in the entourage on stage and behind it than turned up to listen to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

I passed the old Tech today and it is being fenced off is the IT going to knock and build part of the campus there.

Planning permission for a 4 story building in the Nationalist this week to replace it

• Registered Users Posts: 60,471 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Amazon are seeking a location for there first Irish wearhouse for when Brexit happens.

Not a big fan of Amazon myself however the council should be up pitching a couple of sites around Carlow be it Braun or the old Sugar Factory site.

They will bring jobs and money into the town that badly needs it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Unfortunately it will more than likely have to be built in/near Dublin. Given the staff turnover in that industry, they'd struggle to staff it in Carlow.

The company I work for have a large warehouse in Dublin and we had over 500 new starters this year in that site alone. That could possibly not be sustainable if it was located in Carlow.

Sen. Murnane's gearing up for General Election 2020; is shutting down her office @ Court Pl. & relocating it to Tullow St. in old Elaine Curtis shop beside Subway/old Boylesports.

Fianna Fail is on front door window but the main image on glass door is of her with no actual FF logo or livery and it's nowhere to be seen on main shop window or on banner sign across the top of door/window either; from a certain angle you'd struggle to see she's FF at all.......

During GE 2016 a number of candidates, esp. sitting TDs, didn't have the FF logo quite as prominently as they might've had it a decade earlier on their flyers; this smacks of more of it.

The begging never ceases; same skinny scrawny f**k outside of Homestore this afternoon; he got some land when shortly after he sat down to tap they began to close up shop at 4pm & no point going to Woodies as that was the same!

Some lad at ALDI too; different to the guy usualy there but still.

Not sure what they're gonna do tomorrow!!!

Two of the lads begging in town today were wearing North Face jackets even the cheapest North Face gear is expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Two of the lads begging in town today were wearing North Face jackets even the cheapest North Face gear is expensive.

Happy Christmas, the spirit of goodwill is alive and well with HanFiredFist.

Advertisement