Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Mod Snipped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Mod Snip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Shame no audio...maybe TINKER with the dashcam settings to get it working.

I see what you did there; took me a while but well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Well the pub is getting some great free publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Ken Murnane gone up in my estimation. Must keep an eye out for him in future elections.

https://www.carlowlive.ie/news/home/476778/shocking-uproar-over-councillor-s-claims-about-travellers-and-crime-in-carlow.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Ken Murnane gone up in my estimation. Must keep an eye out for him in future elections.

Ken wouldn't be my cup of tea. But he has a point and I do agree with him. All the other crap with McDonald he was out of line how he spoke to her, but I don't find it sexist. He seems to be an idiot how he carries himself and represents carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

So it’s all kicked off with Wallace- thought she seemed a bit quiet after being elected but was waiting for the inevitable fireworks. And boy did they come!
    McDonald is what he is, fair enough challenging his views but where did she think we going to get exactly? He’s from the Stone Age

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nickyc1

Hi can anyone recommend a person to hang some wallpaper for me in Carlow town?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 onelastcast

Nickyc1 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone recommend a person to hang some wallpaper for me in Carlow town?

I had a similar question regarding this not so long ago. Head up to the paint hub and they might be able to point you in the right direction. Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

Out at the ploughing today, excellent day and Anna May is a credit to the country for what she organises

Only downside for me has been the behaviour of the Gardai on traffic duty. I've seen 3 near accidents where the guard at a roundabout was totally unclear as to what he wanted people to do. Tonight I saw a sergeant roar at a guy walking his dog because a car at a zebra crossing at a roundabout the guard was on slowed to allow the man cross . In fairness, the guy gave it right back to the guard but the guard was red with rage. My opinion of the local force was nil after the Jennings affair and its even less now. Sooner Drew Harris does a serious clear out the better in my view

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Out at the ploughing today, excellent day and Anna May is a credit to the country for what she organises

Only downside for me has been the behaviour of the Gardai on traffic duty. I've seen 3 near accidents where the guard at a roundabout was totally unclear as to what he wanted people to do. Tonight I saw a sergeant roar at a guy walking his dog because a car at a zebra crossing at a roundabout the guard was on slowed to allow the man cross . In fairness, the guy gave it right back to the guard but the guard was red with rage. My opinion of the local force was nil after the Jennings affair and its even less now. Sooner Drew Harris does a serious clear out the better in my view
    We'd a lovely Guard doing traffic outside our house, gave him a few cups of coffee to keep him going.

They’re usually newbies doing a lot of the more routine traffic directing so I think a clear out is a long way off! Can’t blame the guy, normal pedestrian crossing roles apply unless explicitly indicated otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

Found the Gardaí on traffic duty really helpful. Made sure I got through junctions easily when trying to cross ploughing traffic, which I did several times.
    Good few stationed near us, felt sorry for them in their uniforms in that heat all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kathleen Holohan Carlow Council Chief Executive calling for a 15% increase in the local property tax.

A 15% increase was passed in Kilkenny last week so I'd imagine councillors in Carlow will likely follow suit and vote it in.

Kathleen Holohan Carlow Council Chief Executive calling for a 15% increase in the local property tax.

A 15% increase was passed in Kilkenny last week so I'd imagine councillors in Carlow will likely follow suit and vote it in.

Wallace must be relishing the chance for another protest!

road_high wrote: »
    Wallace must be relishing the chance for another protest!

Now she's on the inside p*****g out she can occupy council chambers; bring deckchairs, marshmallows & have a campfire....

As for the LPT Vote she's already on it; hasn't been overly ambitious in her Change dot org e-Petition target of 100 signatures > https://www.change.org/p/carlow-county-council-carlow-council-do-not-increase-property-tax?recruiter=85601992&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=petition_show

While Cllr. Paton (Lab) has expressed an unwillingness to increase by any percentage & Wallace will be the same, given make-up of council (6 FF 6 FG Lab 2 Inds. 2, SF 1 & Argue About Everything 1) it's likely to be merely a token opposition & something to stick on their manifestos for next time out.

Am surprised to see so many of those signing against it; I would've thought her constituents'd be the non-materialistic types; I.e. Not property owners.

Those in council houses aren't liable at all; I think this is wrong; surely they could be hit for a few euro annually; even 25, 50 or 100 annually?

Said social housing tenants would, I'd wager, be SF voters rather than PBP ones?

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Now she's on the inside p*****g out she can occupy council chambers; bring deckchairs, marshmallows & have a campfire....

As for the LPT Vote she's already on it; hasn't been overly ambitious in her Change dot org e-Petition target of 100 signatures > https://www.change.org/p/carlow-county-council-carlow-council-do-not-increase-property-tax?recruiter=85601992&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=petition_show

While Cllr. Paton (Lab) has expressed an unwillingness to increase by any percentage & Wallace will be the same, given make-up of council (6 FF 6 FG Lab 2 Inds. 2, SF 1 & Argue About Everything 1) it's likely to be merely a token opposition & something to stick on their manifestos for next time out.

Am surprised to see so many of those signing against it; I would've thought her constituents'd be the non-materialistic types; I.e. Not property owners.

Those in council houses aren't liable at all; I think this is wrong; surely they could be hit for a few euro annually; even 25, 50 or 100 annually?

Said social housing tenants would, I'd wager, be SF voters rather than PBP ones?

The arithmetic is a dream for her. She can “oppose” everything and propose all kinds of utter nonsense safe in the knowledge not one bit of it can or will ever happen. And blame the evil capitalists in FG and FF when it all fails.
    This is conversely why SF took such a hammering in the recent council elections where they had lots of seats- there was nowhere to hide their incompetence and farcical politics. Wallace is safer by virtue of tiny numbers

Hi would anyone know where i would get crepe paper in Carlow town?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

The range or Mr.Price I'd say

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    The range or Mr.Price I'd say

Great thanks for the super quick reply i'll try both of those out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

Jones Business Systems have crepe paper too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

the book station on Tullow street has lots of art stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Council voted for a 5% rise in the LPT today.

iano.p wrote: »
    Got a shock myself Fr John was a good priest and a good man. I got to know him years ago and he always stopped for a chat no airs or graces about him. He will be missed by a lot of people.

I see the parish has announced they are going to renovate the buildings across from the Cathedral to turn it into some sort of youth centre and are going to name it after Fr John. Scheduled to open early in the New Year

I see the parish has announced they are going to renovate the buildings across from the Cathedral to turn it into some sort of youth centre and are going to name it after Fr John. Scheduled to open early in the New Year

That's fantastic news and it's great to see them remember Fr John. At the end of the day he has done loads for Carlow and it's people. Hopefully work will start on the old Dooley's site before Xmas they have a few digs to do first to see if there is parts of the old Carlow walls there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

iano.p wrote: »
    That's fantastic news and it's great to see them remember Fr John. At the end of the day he has done loads for Carlow and it's people. Hopefully work will start on the old Dooley's site before Xmas they have a few digs to do first to see if there is parts of the old Carlow walls there.

Was is happening with the Dooleys site?

Was is happening with the Dooleys site?

Carlow College got PP for demolition works > https://www.carlowlive.ie/news/home/374587/conditional-planning-permission-granted-on-demolition-works-at-former-dooley-motors-site.html (April 2019 article; it was subsequently appealed to ABP but was refused recently)

Appeal was relating to it potentially becoming another magnet for antisocial behaviour, a magnet for dumping and another vacant lot in the town; the individual wanted to know what Carlow College were actually going to do with it in relation to construction of buildings like lecture/administration buildings, car park etc.

Given when they gave over land (unsure if the ground it's on was sold or is on a long term lease.....) to Visual (10 years old this past week or so) they lost two blocks of accommodation out of three (Carbery & Staunton Houses) and ball alley perhaps student accommodation might be a runner; on campus halls're lucrative enough up in Dublin anyway and there's Aparto Hotels which're aimed at students too; here in Carlow there's a number of planning decisions given or pending relating to off site student accommodation down Coxes Lane, Walshes Yard (Carlow Estates, opp. Carlow Shopping Centre) etc.

Short term plan for Dooleys is just to demolish it and wall it off but unlikely to be student accom. I've heard mention of new lecture hall space

Short term will be cleaned up (old petrol and Diesel tanks) and made safe. Long term it's going to be lecture halls. With hopefully student accommodation and chill out spaces.

• Advertisement

McDonalds only began deliveries Thursday the 26th as far's I know so I can only presume this p***k started work, via Uber Eats, on that day too; it wasn't noticed til late Friday evening the 27th of September by someone, some people, who must've received a drop off from him, who he was.

From his own safety p.o.v. what was he thinking; he could've been lynched; from his victims p.o.v. he clearly doesn't give a s**t.

Thankfully he was summarily dismissed & delisted by Uber Eats but their Gda. Vetting must be non-existent; bit shocked McDonalds didn't do due diligence either; a quick Google on any employees name these days is sufficient to throw up something; a social media check too.

His crime was a random one; I understand his need to hide his past but this is a gig where he's calling to random houses, strangers and they could well be alone.....

Sun on Sunday/Sun Online's covered it today thankfully > https://www.thesun.ie/news/4626927/sex-fiend-delivering-mcdonalds-carlow-uber-eats/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1570350857

Advertisement