Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Nokia6230i wrote:
    McDonalds only began deliveries Thursday the 26th as far's I know so I can only presume this p***k started work, via Uber Eats, on that day too; it wasn't noticed til late Friday evening the 27th of September by someone, some people, who must've received a drop off from him, who he was.

Poor form that he slipped through. He must be mad in the head to want to deliver around town I know of one other chap who has a string of robbery and gbh charges and has served time but he delivers for another place in town. I wouldn't say there is any vetting done on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Thankfully he was summarily dismissed & delisted by Uber Eats but their Gda. Vetting must be non-existent; bit shocked McDonalds didn't do due diligence either; a quick Google on any employees name these days is sufficient to throw up something; a social media check too.
    ]

But he wasn’t an employee of McDonald’s at any stage so wouldn’t be possible for them to vet employees of Uber.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

radharc wrote: »
    But he wasn’t an employee of McDonald’s at any stage so wouldn’t be possible for them to vet employees of Uber.

Would none of the staff say to management "that's yer man who attacked yer wan"?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,373 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd say 99% of delivery jobs are cash in hand and the only vetting done is do you have a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Anyone know what's being built on the Portlaoise road, across the road/up a bit from Shamrock retail park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Notmything

McDonalds only began deliveries Thursday the 26th as far's I know so I can only presume this p***k started work, via Uber Eats, on that day too; it wasn't noticed til late Friday evening the 27th of September by someone, some people, who must've received a drop off from him, who he was.

From his own safety p.o.v. what was he thinking; he could've been lynched; from his victims p.o.v. he clearly doesn't give a s**t.

Thankfully he was summarily dismissed & delisted by Uber Eats but their Gda. Vetting must be non-existent; bit shocked McDonalds didn't do due diligence either; a quick Google on any employees name these days is sufficient to throw up something; a social media check too.

His crime was a random one; I understand his need to hide his past but this is a gig where he's calling to random houses, strangers and they could well be alone.....

Sun on Sunday/Sun Online's covered it today thankfully > https://www.thesun.ie/news/4626927/sex-fiend-delivering-mcdonalds-carlow-uber-eats/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1570350857

Not sure if he would have needed to be vetted for the job tbh. But still have to wonder how no one flagged him earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

La Fermier Restaurant on Haymarket in Carlow town've just announced they're closing down & shutting up shop after 3.5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,373 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Was that the place shutdown because it had the cockroaches and a mice?

I can imagine you would never recover from that.

Was that the place shutdown because it had the cockroaches and a mice?

I can imagine you would never recover from that.

Was a closure; can't remember what for/how long, maybe 1-2 days, 2-3?

But yeah these things're remembered; it didn't feature on their Facebook page which was understandable but if I was a customer I'd've preferred honesty.

This Carlow Live article on it seems to indicate it was closed for a solid week though (not sure if it opens on Monday & Tuesday like Mimosas don't and, up to recently, neither did La Boheme) > https://www.carlowlive.ie/news/home/427381/carlow-restaurant-closed-by-hse-reopens.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Never even heard of the place until that closure order and had a look at the menu and it was certainly set for a particular palet I'm surprised it lasted 3.5 years but a shame to see another business close .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Anyone know what's being built on the Portlaoise road, across the road/up a bit from Shamrock retail park?

social housing split between carlow and laois afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Was a closure; can't remember what for/how long, maybe 1-2 days, 2-3?

But yeah these things're remembered; it didn't feature on their Facebook page which was understandable but if I was a customer I'd've preferred honesty.

This Carlow Live article on it seems to indicate it was closed for a solid week though (not sure if it opens on Monday & Tuesday like Mimosas don't and, up to recently, neither did La Boheme) > https://www.carlowlive.ie/news/home/427381/carlow-restaurant-closed-by-hse-reopens.html

It was for hygiene reasons. There were no infestation issues, but the place was filthy, and there was a toilet directly off the kitchen which was unflushed... The chef had an open cut on his hand, and refused to cover it / put a plaster on it when asked by the EHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

Does anyone know where the new IDA building in Rathnapish is supposed to be.? I see planning permission in the Nationalist for it this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Does anyone know where the new IDA building in Rathnapish is supposed to be.? I see planning permission in the Nationalist for it this week

Braun site I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Was walking past Racey Byrnes on Saturday, there was a lad in his 30's with a beard calling various people names as they walked past, didn't do to me but it was about 1500 so a bit early to be drunk. I asked a person about it and said the person might not be right in the head. Anyone else get this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Beside Highfield I think. Saw some diggers in that field recently.

votecounts wrote: »
    Was walking past Racey Byrnes on Saturday, there was a lad in his 30's with a beard calling various people names as they walked past, didn't do to me but it was about 1500 so a bit early to be drunk. I asked a person about it and said the person might not be right in the head. Anyone else get this.

Saw him outside Eddie Rockets one evening shouting and roaring as well, around 8 at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Saw him outside Eddie Rockets one evening shouting and roaring as well, around 8 at night.
    This guy was a customer in Raceys and making commments about peoples clothes, calling them names etc while he was having a smoke. Heard his name was Andrew Something (max age 31/32, hard to tell with short/shaven hair)and was just wondering is he a bit disturbed or should raceys stop serving him. Will have a look to see if he is around today when I head in town later. Gives a bad impression of the town.

Anyone know the story with the restaurant down by the quay? Formerly Boardwalk it's been refurb'd over Summer but's been sitting there idle & gathering dust since about August maybe earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Got a letter through the door this morning from the Carlow County Council regarding the new Bye Laws on waste:
    Dear Householder,

A representative of Carlow County Council called to your home today.

The reason for this visit was to confirm that you are disposing of your domestic waste in accordance with Calow Country Council's Segregation, Storage and Presentation of Household & Commerical Waste Bye Laws 2018. Information is provided on the accompanying flier issued by Carlow County Council.

Under these Bye laws you must segregate your waste as follows:

* Recyclable
    * Organic
    * General

You can choose to use and authorised waste collection service or use an authorised waste facility.

Please present proof of compliance with these bye laws on or before Tuesday 11th November 2019 to Waste Enforcement, Environment Department, Carlow County Council, Cox's Lane, Carlow or email environment@carlowcoco.ie

Proof presented must be in the form of receipts from your authorised waste collector showing that you have and use a 3-bin waste collection system. Receipts must be for collections carried out within the last 3 months.

Failure to comply with these Waste Bye Laws can result in the issue of an on the spot fine of €75.00

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Waste Enforcement Team on environment@carlowcoco.ie or on 059-9172480/9136231

Am I suppose to have a 3rd bin for compost/food waste? If so, then a lot of residents that live around me are also going to need the 3rd bin. And why doesn't Ray Whelan not provide them to customer who do not have then even though it is now a "Bye Law"

• Advertisement

Ray Whelan does, I've got mine for probably a year and a half, it's collected once a fortnight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Ray Whelan does, I've got mine for probably a year and a half, it's collected once a fortnight

doesnt supply me with one

Just rang Ray Whelans; no matter where you are into your contract with them or how long you've left etc. they WILL supply you with a brown (compost) bin FREE OF CHARGE.

In certain areas, brown bins weren't an option and may not be still maybe?

But most towns and villages in the county should be okay to receive and be serviced by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I don't have a brown bin, I compost privately to put back on the garden.

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I don't have a brown bin, I compost privately to put back on the garden.

If they call they'll probably want to inspect your compost heap I'd wager.

"Under European and National Legislation and the Local Bye Laws, your Bin Collector must provide receptacles for recycling, food waste and general non-recyclable waste. Under the conditions of their permit a bin collector shall not collect from a premises if waste is not separated and a business/householder shall not present their waste to a collector if it is not source segregated. Carlow County Council officers have completed over 400 inspections and is targeting areas where there is visible non-compliance.

So in summary, yes you need a third bin"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

They are more than welcome to inspect my compost bins but I'll be keeping the contents, it's black gold for the garden.

Already had a visit from the council, my elderly neighbour shares my bin, they called to me to confirm this. Apparently they had confirmed he had no refuse service so queried what he did with his rubbish .
    Saying that, I'm in graiguecullen, AES refuse to supply a brown bin as the area doesn't meet the necessary population to provide the service. Yet county council official who called insisted I must have a brown bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I'm In Graiguecullen, am with AES, and have a brown bin.
    I ordered it online, when we realised it was compulsory.
    It was free, and delivered to my door.

I'm In Graiguecullen, am with AES, and have a brown bin.
    I ordered it online, when we realised it was compulsory.
    It was free, and delivered to my door.

I ordered online too, but got a phone call to say they didn't supply them in my area.

Must follow up, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I see that Bramleys is for sale. Noticed it on daft.ie

Advertisement