Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

I've heard from a few people last night this morning that Carlow's aggressive begger that everyone knows was given a scratch card outside the post office yesterday and won a mid 5 figure sum.

Heard this today in person too from someone who I'd trust with my life. He himself heard it from another two individuals independent of each other.

Figure mentioned was 50 Grand.

Haven't seen him begging in his usual haunts (ALDI, Hanover Retail Pk. @ Woodies, Kennedy Ave. @ Carlow S.C. or Potato Mkt. @ Centra) in a few days.

Still there mightn't be anything to this...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

There was a lad begging outside Woodies this afternoon, same one I saw before. Is this the person in question?

madmaggie wrote: »
    There was a lad begging outside Woodies this afternoon, same one I saw before. Is this the person in question?

Nah, this lad's a scrawny ducker; guant/thin & yellow teeth but he has haunted Woodies anytime he's moved on from other spots I've mentioned.

Think guy @ Woodies today is a colleague of his though but I don't know his name but he's slightly bulkier/better built....but that'll fall off him soon enough too.

Lad I'm referring to was the guy who received money from the pig installation @ Eigse in June; his initials'd be S and D if that helps any?

In any case I'm still waiting to see him knocking round to try get it from horses mouth.....if he'll tell me of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Nah, this lad's a scrawny ducker; guant/thin & yellow teeth but he has haunted Woodies anytime he's moved on from other spots I've mentioned.

Think guy @ Woodies today is a colleague of his though but I don't know his name but he's slightly bulkier/better built....but that'll fall off him soon enough too.

Lad I'm referring to was the guy who received money from the pig installation @ Eigse in June; his initials'd be S and D if that helps any?

In any case I'm still waiting to see him knocking round to try get it from horses mouth.....if he'll tell me of course.

Is he the red haired fella that likes to sup flagons of cider when begging outside the shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Is he the red haired fella that likes to sup flagons of cider when begging outside the shops?

The guy I heard won €50k usually sits outside Pennys side entrance on kennedy avenue he a nasty piece of work who likes to follow older women on pension day and if given food can throw it back saying he wants money not food.

• Advertisement

Posting here rather than jobs thread cos it'll gain more traction.

OSS Company're holding a Recruitment Open Day TOMORROW FRIDAY THE 16th of AUGUST from 10am to 6pm in the SEVEN OAKS.

It's for the Ploughing which runs from Tuesday the 17th to Thursday the 19th of September from 9am to 6pm each day.

Text CARLOW + FULL NAME to 0858081729 but even if you don't get a reply tonight/tomorrow head on down anyway as you WILL be seen to.

Duties'll include Gatekeeping, Wristbanders (Checking right people're in right place/correct car parks etc.), Ticketing & Crowd Managements (the handbags @ ICAs best cake tent, well, they're a tough crowd!).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Posting here rather than jobs thread cos it'll gain more traction.

OSS Company're holding a Recruitment Open Day TOMORROW FRIDAY THE 16th of AUGUST from 10am to 6pm in the SEVEN OAKS.

It's for the Ploughing which runs from Tuesday the 17th to Thursday the 19th of September from 9am to 6pm each day.

Text CARLOW + FULL NAME to 0858081729 but even if you don't get a reply tonight/tomorrow head on down anyway as you WILL be seen to.

Duties'll include Gatekeeping, Wristbanders (Checking right people're in right place/correct car parks etc.), Ticketing & Crowd Managements (the handbags @ ICAs best cake tent, well, they're a tough crowd!).

Is this volunteering or paid work

Is this volunteering or paid work

Not the recruiter but I know it's a PAID gig; they also do Aviva Stadium gigs.

Edited to add I've no idea of likely hourly pay rates but would imagine minimum wage of 9.75 per hour or maybe a euro more.

Another anti TUSLA protest today up outside their Heuston Sth. Quarter HQ.

Spotted a sign in the Yellow Vests Ireland album from it from at least one individual saying "Free A***** R**".......she must've missed the memo that A***** R** was actually there present at todays protest.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Another anti TUSLA protest today up outside their Heuston Sth. Quarter HQ.

Spotted a sign in the Yellow Vests Ireland album from it from at least one individual saying "Free A***** R**".......she must've missed the memo that A***** R** was actually there present at todays protest.....

They probably want her to re arrested so they can organize another rent a mob / protest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭rule supreme

Does anybody know where to get homemade farmers butter , Wards in Tullow used to sell it but not in a good while .

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Does anybody know where to get homemade farmers butter , Wards in Tullow used to sell it but not in a good while .

Not sure myself but it might be worth enquiring with the farmers market on a Saturday morning in. Carlow Town. They have a Facebook page you could contact either, might save you a journey if they don’t have any suppliers

natc wrote: »
    Not sure myself but it might be worth enquiring with the farmers market on a Saturday morning in. Carlow Town. They have a Facebook page you could contact either, might save you a journey if they don’t have any suppliers

Also try Organic Corner on Tullow St. or Coolanowle on Dublin St.

Yellow Vests unite; following on from the absolute s**t show that was the anti TULSA Fairgreen Flashmob a few Wednesdays back they're planning a protest outside the barracks this Saturday the 24th at 1 or 2 O'Clock.

Something to do with "checking on well being of children in care; guards must follow up"; AR made a call to the station and, unsurprisingly, wasn't happy with the outcome/response........

Cue AR & her cronies who I'll only initial JG, DW, MD, DM haranguing any Gda. who is coming and going about their business; expect cameras/phones shoved in their faces etc.

Go'D carried it on her Facebook page I think so unsure if they'll decamp from Google HQ along with Nazi Boys, RC/GT etc.

If so anyone give me a ballpark on a job lot of milkshakes.....asking for a friend like!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Planning permission granted for TK Maxx and Homesense.

The stores due to open late 2020.

After the whole Penny's debacle I won't be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What is Homesense, a furniture shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

BattleCorp wrote: »
    What is Homesense, a furniture shop?

https://www.homesense.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yea what the hell happened with Penney’s? That was supposed to be a done deal. Jennifer murnane O’Connor must have given it her kiss of death with constant social media posts about it

Since I wasn't here back then what happened to the town service in around 06?

How long'd it last?

JJs ran it; I know this because there's still a few blue pole bus stops incl. on Kilkenny Rd. @ the IT.

Anyone remember prices and route or routes?

Was it just people so used to getting a taxi from A to B thought the bus'd do same and pick 'em up from their door or just simply not enough bums on seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The guy I heard won €50k usually sits outside Pennys side entrance on kennedy avenue he a nasty piece of work who likes to follow older women on pension day and if given food can throw it back saying he wants money not food.

So did he win 50k?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

road_high wrote:
    Yea what the hell happened with Penney’s? That was supposed to be a done deal. Jennifer murnane O’Connor must have given it her kiss of death with constant social media posts about it

If you go back over the tread on it. I said it years ago the company that was down as the builders never had the money in the bank to get the loans to build it. Mark my words a small few shops and a small hotel with flats will end up on that site. Especially with the other high rise building around it and to be built along side it on Hanover roundabout.

Nokia6230i wrote:
    Was it just people so used to getting a taxi from A to B thought the bus'd do same and pick 'em up from their door or just simply not enough bums on seats?

My wife used it a few times when it was on last time to nip into town it was only a couple of euros. She stopped using it because it went into a few estates and the anti social side kicked in. I hope they stamp it out this time because it could work well.

So did he win 50k?

That fecker was on the news last week about the needle exchange in Dublin. He is begging just down from temple street hospital when I had my little one up during the week. He copped us and said he would mind our car "Carla boys stick together"

iano.p wrote: »
    That fecker was on the news last week about the needle exchange in Dublin. He is begging just down from temple street hospital when I had my little one up during the week. He copped us and said he would mind our car "Carla boys stick together"

Hardly remember which station (RTE or TV3) and what time this was on at?

Wanna have a gawk is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

It will go ahead alright. Can't see it not. Our towns outside of the big 4 are too small to sustain all this retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

So Carpenters Funeral Home **could** be on the move as per this Carlow Live article > https://www.carlowlive.ie/news/home/...0fb9KvRwhUjfro
    Link doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

Probably room to expand the pub if they did that.

now if only someone would do something with the wreck of a site at the other corner

• Advertisement

Would you live above the Irishmans? Don't think the accommodation's got a direct connection to the pub itself sadly so no sneaky pints.

Potential for 9 people (1 Single, 3 Double + 1 Twin) to share 1 Jacks though......it's aimed @ students though I think it was on Air B&B in the past (maybe still is?).

130 per week.....doesn't say that's per person or per rm. so could be anywhere from 650 (per rm. x 5) or 1170 (per person x 9)......per week!

The potential for NINE people to share ONE jacks would make me say no mind; too used to one of my own without having to queue for anything!

https://www.daft.ie/carlow/flats-for-rent/carlow-town/college-street-carlow-town-carlow-1960982/

Advertisement