Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

ladiee24 wrote: »
    hi there jenzz this post might be better off on the WW thread instead of the points one maybe one of the mods will move it for you.

i find that snacking on point free veg, fruit or sugar free jelly in between
    my meals helps me keep the hunger pangs at bay! or if you really want it why not have a packet of velvet crunch for 1 point as you're preparing the dinner i know some might say weird but i love them & they are very points friendly :D best of luck for the coming week!

Thanks

Tried them ( went shopping on an empty stomach) - they're gorgeous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Anyone know how many points in a muller rice 200g strawberry - one in the fridge with my name on it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

jenzz wrote: »
    Anyone know how many points in a muller rice 200g strawberry - one in the fridge with my name on it lol
    Best to learn how to work them out yourself. There is a calculator here http://points.ogo.ms/

Most products will have the values per 100g on the side, so you need the calories and sat fat. You should always calculate on your actual portion size. i.e. if you are going to eat 200g then find out the calories for 200g and THEN enter it in the calculator, otherwise you lose accuracy from too much "rounding".

e.g. if 100g was 200kcal then you enter 200kcal in the calculator and you get 3 points. Now if you double this you get 6 points. But this is losing accuracy due to poor mathematical practise. You should get the portion size 200g, which is 400kcal. Now 400kcal is 5.5 points. So you can enjoy another 0.5 points of something else!

A can of beer is around 200kcal, which is 3 points, but I drink 10 at a go! which is 28.5 points. If it is a common food you eat regularly then it is best to be accurate. Most of the time they will probably even out, i.e. for every 0.5 points over another thing might be 0.5 points under.

When you get to very small portions it is even worse. To exaggerate the point, 50ml of beer is around 20kcal, this is 0.5 points on that calculator, so this means 500ml is 5 points, and 10 cans is 50 points!

Guinness is only about 170kcal per can, 17kcal per 50ml shows as zero points! 50points Vs 0points for 10 cans, I might switch to guinness :pac:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

i jusst went out for dinner and had an omlett with bacon and spring onions and mushrooms.... it was the healthiest thing i could find on the menu... how many points would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 skii29

Hey

Just wondering can I join this thrend if it's ok? I have been reading through your posts over the past few days and I would like to say well done to veryone and keep up the good work on the weight loss. You have been my inspiration to rejoin weight watchers.
    I re-join weight watchers this evening after an absense of 131 weeks. I managed to lose a pound in those 131 weeks. :o
    I weight in this evening at 11 stone 9 pounds. I'm about 5'7. Female. I'm hoping to reach 10 stone but I'm going to take it one day at a time.
    My biggest problem is alcohol. I could drink anything between 8 and 10 bottles of budweiser on a night out. (That's alot of points I know :rolleyes:). Along with that I could end up in the chipper after the nightclub( Another 20 points!). Alcohol has always been my weakness. I'm going to have to cut down or drink bud light. Exercise isn't a problem as I run and play sport. I love bread so I'm really going to have to cut back on that as well.
    Anyway I look forward to sharing my experiences with you over the next few weeks
    Thanks again
    Skii29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 skii29

i jusst went out for dinner and had an omlett with bacon and spring onions and mushrooms.... it was the healthiest thing i could find on the menu... how many points would that be?
    maybe 10 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

How many points in a whole butternut squash and 1 tbsp olive oil.
    (have lost my books!) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lara_la

How many points in a whole butternut squash and 1 tbsp olive oil.
    (have lost my books!) Thanks

Butternut squash is 0 points and the tsp of oil is 1 point. Love butternut squash such a nice filling veg and alternative to potatoes for NO point :).Three and a half points b4 i loose the stone :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Thanks Lara la. Seeing as how you love butternut squash it I'll tell you my recipe for butternut squash chips .

Only 1 point.
    Cut up the squash into chunky chips, put on baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper & 1/2 tsp paprika. Roast until crispy. (you can do potatoes same way or with them) Yummy!

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lara_la

Thanks Rosebush! i tired them tonight and they were yum! tryin to be really good this week and made the opoints soup and curry this week! but the having the curry all the time can be a bit boring :rolleyes:. 2 days to go till way in :o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Hi,

...bit of a weird question.
    I'm just wondering how many WW points there are in strepsils, if any?
    I heard that Halls Soothers are quite high in points. Are strepsils the same?

Sore throat :(

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Been taking strepsils all day myself, hope the throat gets better. Don't really know much bout WW, but I wouldn't be worried about the strepsils tbh!

Yeah I've been sucking on strepsils all day myself, and just got curious as to how "fattening" they are.
    They are doing feck all to help my sore throat, so here's hoping they aren't ruining my healthy eating buzz too! :)

There is a calculator here
    http://points.ogo.ms/

The calories might be on the box.

I would guess they are zero points, but that does not mean they are devoid of calories. I explain the problem of low portion size points here
    If something is less than 0.25points I think it results in a zero point score. So a single peanut is probably zero points, this does not mean you can eat as many as you like! Nuts are one of the most "point" dense foods you can get.

You should workout how many you eat per day, multiply up the calories and then work it out.

This site has them as 10kcal http://www.gyminee.com/foods/strepsil_strepsil but there are many types, I think you can get sugar free ones if you are worried, they are essentially just sweets so should be counted.

10kcal is zero points. 100kcal is 1.5 points, so if you are on 10 a day it is 1.5 50kcal is 0.5 points so you can see the rounding inaccuracies at low portions.

Thanks a million! :)

There's no nutritional information on the box, such as calories etc, just that each one contains 1g of glucose and 1.4g of sucrose.
    1.5pts for 10 isn't too bad at all.
    I was just worried they were 1pt each, like I heard Halls Soothers were (not sure if that's true about Halls Soothers though?).

I'll try to stick to about 5 today though, just to be sure.

Glucose is 3.75kcal per gram, sucrose is 3.94kcal per gram.

So 9.266kcal per tablet 46.33 per 5 tablets which is 0.5 points (really 0.665)

Not much to worry about, I just like doing the math accurately ;).

I doubt the halls are that much. There will be only trace fat in things (if any) like these. 55kcal works out at 1pt on that calculator, so that is about 14g of sugar, no way a single lozenge is that big. Probably was somebody estimating a packet, or several or else not even rounding to 0.5 and not wanting to give a zero value and so saying 1pt.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Lyndan

Hey All.

Can you tell me how many WW points are in the tub of light Philadelphia? Someone told me it was 0.5 but I dont believe it...it seems like a lot. Its the 35g and it says it has 55cals but doesnt tell me how much fat.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

Lyndan wrote: »
    Hey All.

Can you tell me how many WW points are in the tub of light Philadelphia? Someone told me it was 0.5 but I dont believe it...it seems like a lot. Its the 35g and it says it has 55cals but doesnt tell me how much fat.

Cheers

hi lyndan

there are 1.5 points per mini tub if you need any of the nutritional info for philly have a look at this website http://www.philadelphia.co.uk

A 30g serving from a large tub of EXTRA light is 0.5 points. Maybe that is where the persons figure came from, wrongly assuming they were the same size portion and not differentiating between light & extra light. i.e. on the big tub it calls a serving 30g, while those small packs are 35g.

http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/philadelphia2/page?PagecRef=598&pid=97

The 35g tub works out at 1 point. This illustrates again the problem with lower portions that I mentioned before. 30g is really 0.7 points while 35g is 0.8 points- so one is rounded to 0.5 and the other to 1.0

EDIT: Just to note ladiee24's 1.5 per mini tub is of light philidelphia is correct, I meant the EXTRA light 35g tub is 1 point.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    A 30g serving from a large tub of EXTRA light is 0.5 points. Maybe that is where the persons figure came from, wrongly assuming they were the same size portion and not differentiating between light & extra light. i.e. on the big tub it calls a serving 30g, while those small packs are 35g.

http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/philadelphia2/page?PagecRef=598&pid=97

The 35g tub works out at 1 point. This illustrates again the problem with lower portions that I mentioned before. 30g is really 0.7 points while 35g is 0.8 points- so one is rounded to 0.5 and the other to 1.0

Hi rubadub,

What formula/method are you using to get the WW points?
    It might be better if I use your pointing method, instead of the pull-out card thingy from WW, to get a more exact result, and less rounding.
    WW round everything to the nearest half point.

You never know, I might find that I am over-pointing things by a couple of points every day....*fingers crossed*! :)

What formula/method are you using to get the WW points?
    It might be better if I use your pointing method, instead of the pull-out card thingy from WW, to get a more exact result, and less rounding.
    I used this site http://points.ogo.ms/

I should have explained better, I just multiply the calories and fat by 10, just stick on a zero or move the decimal. Then put it in the calculator then I get 8 and 7 points, so now divide by 10 again to get 0.8 and 0.7.
    You never know, I might find that I am over-pointing things by a couple of points every day
    That is me just being overly exact. In the long run the points should cancel each other out, i.e. for every rounded down point you are probably taking others which are rounded up.

BUT if there is something in low portions that you regularly eat in big portions it might be worth doing. e.g. if you were eating 5 or 6 of those philidelpia tubs per day it would be worth doing right. And if you are a big beer drinker it would be worth working out properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mariesers

Typical only came accross this forum today , would have been a great help .. However also reached my WW goal today Wahoooo !!! :) .. 42.5lbs lost ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Leah-G1

Hello...on weight watchers 3 weeks and 4lbs down. I have just had a moment of weakness and eaten a chocolate eclair with cream from the Bakery..does anyone know how many points I've just wasted? :o

Cant find it anywhere in the book or online!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

was looking through the shopping guide last night and I think supermarket chocolate eclairs tend to be round 5.5 or 6 points each :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

The formula for points caluclation is cals/70 + sat fat/4.
    Very handy not to have to have a calculator with you and also eliminates the rounding up/down anomalies.

I think I have a winner,

Medium Pepperoni Passion double decadance 8 slices, the entire pizza is 2728kcal 148.8g fat (64g sat fat)

54.5points.

http://www.dominos.uk.com/pdf/FoodGuide_NutritionPizzas.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 msfreak

Sorry if this has been posted already but how many ww points would be in the small sausage rolls you can get at deli counters at Centra etc?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Leah-G1

was looking through the shopping guide last night and I think supermarket chocolate eclairs tend to be round 5.5 or 6 points each :)

Thanks a million...didnt feel much like 6 points! I just couldnt help it! :)

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    I think I have a winner,

Medium Pepperoni Passion double decadance 8 slices, the entire pizza is 2728kcal 148.8g fat (64g sat fat)

54.5points.

http://www.dominos.uk.com/pdf/FoodGuide_NutritionPizzas.pdf

...........holy crap!!!! :eek:

That's seriously shocking!
    Yikes!

I found a yummy spinach & chicken pizza in Aldi last week that works out at 7pts for half the pizza. I loaded it up with extra veg before cooking it.
    A few points worth of low-fat oven chips on the side...and it was just as satisfying as a Domino's pizza, for a fraction of the points :)
    Worked out at 11 points in total for the chips and pizza.

Yum yum yum :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement