Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Nope, low fat still has some fat, skimmed has virtually none.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

you sometimes see low fat called semi-skimmed milk

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Low fat is usually 1.5-2.5%, skimmed has trace amounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nikip

So whats the points difference between the 2. I would probably drink 1/4 pt of milk a day of low fat milk. What would the difference be if i switched to skimmed....... is skimmed milk the one that comes in the pink carton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know the points for a

Sausage roll (large)

i dont know why but ever since i joined WW im craving Sausage Rolls
    i think a reality check of the huge amount of points will put me back on track!

Thanks x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

lots2lose wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know the points for a

Sausage roll (large)

i think a reality check of the huge amount of points will put me back on track!

Thanks x

Hey, if you see this post here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60017878&postcount=272

it shows that there are 7 points in a SMALL deli sausage roll :eek: Not worth it I think!

The WW points system is extremely biased against sat fat. Therefore either conciously or subconciously I expect many people choose low fat options which although at a larger portion they are the same points value they could have FAR more calories than an alternative full fat version.

For this reason you might be craving fat as it is now missing from your diet. Fat is ESSENTIAL, you will die without adequate protein and fat, however you can survive with NO carbohydrate, eskimos live on basically carb free diets. Your body could be nutiritionally crying out for fat and so you crave high fat sausage rolls.

I follow a realatively high fat diet and find it great for losing fat. Try eating some healthier fats than the sausage rolls to get your "fat fix", e.g. coconut, avocado, unsalted nuts, peanut butter etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I agree with rubadub, I drink smimmed milk, but unless I have some fat whether Olive Oil, nuts, avacado with a meal I feel hungry quicker and defo crave fatty foods.
    Make sure to include a little fat, preferably good fat, with every meal, the body uses it to burn energy. Just count it in your points.
    Example I had porridge with skimmed milk yesterday and was starving by 12. Today I had 3 Ryvita, with a scraping of butter on each and 12 pistacios. I'm only starting to feel hungry again now :-)

Thanks for the advice everyone I love avacado and coconut so i shall be stocking up this weekend :)

Thanks for the advice everyone I love avacado and coconut so i shall be stocking up this weekend :)
    Coconut has shocking amounts of points as it is quite high in sat fat, but it is actually quite good for you and the fat is supposedly good for aiding fat loss and is used for energy rather than going onto your body as fat.

Yesterday I made some nice coconut pancakes. Put an egg, whey powder, porridge oats, coconut flour and milk in a blender. I crushed up pecan nuts and dry fried them in a nonstick pan. I spread them out evenly on the pan and slowly poured the batter over them. No need for oil as the coconut had enough, and it was a nonstick pan.

You can get coconut flour in asian shops, I got mine in a shop in blackrock market (proper shop not a stall). Dessicated coconut is usually in the baking section near the rasisins in supermarkets.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Coconut has shocking amounts of points as it is quite high in sat fat, but it is actually quite good for you and the fat is supposedly good for aiding fat loss and is used for energy rather than going onto your body as fat.

Yesterday I made some nice coconut pancakes. Put an egg, whey powder, porridge oats, coconut flour and milk in a blender. I crushed up pecan nuts and dry fried them in a nonstick pan. I spread them out evenly on the pan and slowly poured the batter over them. No need for oil as the coconut had enough, and it was a nonstick pan.

You can get coconut flour in asian shops, I got mine in a shop in blackrock market (proper shop not a stall). Dessicated coconut is usually in the baking section near the rasisins in supermarkets.

These sound amazing! thanks for the recipe :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bayan

Hey all,
    Hope it's cool to land in with a question. Just started following the WW plan without attending meetings, have about a stone to lose so I thought I'd give it a go as almost everyone I know who has tried WW has succeeded in losing weight. My housemate has joined so I'm using her ref. book for pointing. The town I work in is a disaster for healthy eating. My options are either the work canteen or Itsa Bagel. So, I've taken to getting the house soup with a toasted bagel. I think bagels are around 3 points, plus 1 for one those wee butter patties. But I have no idea what the soup is! I'm really guessing, so any advice from anyone who knows the house soup would be great.

Thanks too for all the info up here already, really helpful... very disappointing about the sausage rolls but it makes complete sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I wouldn't be too sure about the soup, your best option would be to ask for the nutritional info and work it out from there.

Regared the butter patties that you mention if that is what I am thinking (the little butters you get in restaurants) they are 2.5points each!

J xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I've found a lot of companies to be really helpful when I've mailed them to ask about nutritional info for their food, itsabagel might be able to help you out

http://www.itsabagel.com/home/itsagroup/contact/

The only thing I'd watch out for with the ww book and points for bagels is that the portion sizes they give for delicious carby goodness can be a bit unrealistic, our leader did a compare and contrast with scones she'd bought in a few different cafés the other week and they were all miles bigger than the sample size given in the book (50g @ 3pts), they ranged from 5 to 8 points!! Could be worth buying one of the bagels you'd get to bring home and weigh. Sounds a bit obsessive I know but it's just one of those things that can sneak lots and lots of extra points into your week without you realising it <le sigh>

I've got the 'everything' bagel from dunnes bakers basket range and according to the pack it's the best part of 4 points. And that's without the butter. If you've got soup too would you not just dunk your bagel and dispense with the butter. Or just ditch the bagel completely. I'm sure you could bring some low point snacks to work from home so you could keep yourself going if you were hungry later after just the soup.

Always rememebr that the points in the books are averages and cannot be taken as gospel. One man's tomato based sauce could have loads of oil and another's made with no fat at all. One could be 2 pts the other 0. So unless you know exactly what's in something there is no definite points value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

Hey!!!

Anybody know how many points are in Koka noodles???either the pot of them or the packets, they have no nutritional info on any of their packaging :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Hi, got this info emailed to me before, they work out at around 10 points per pack :eek:
    Average Values per 100g Per 100g
    Energy (kJ) 1873
    Energy (kcal) 446
    Protein (g) 8.70
    Carbohydrate (g) 59.90
    Of Which Sugars (g) 3.19
    Fat (g) 19.11
    Of Which Saturates (g) 9.07
    Monounsaturates (g) 7.17
    Polyunsaturates (g 1.47
    Cholesterol (mg) 0
    Fibre (g) 3.85
    Sodium (g) 1822

Dolorous wrote: »
    Hi, got this info emailed to me before, they work out at around 10 points per pack :eek:

10 points!!!!!!!oy my god!!!ill be staying well clear of them so!!:eek: and they are so handy for in work for some reason i thought they might be low in points!!ha I was very wrong!!!:P

rockchik wrote: »
    for some reason i thought they might be low in points!!ha I was very wrong!!!:P
    You're not the only one, many presume they are OK since they taste quite bland. Read all labels carefully, if there is no info on the pack like koka then check a similar one, like mc donalds supernoodles, and adjust for weight accordingly.

One I did today in another thread.
    600kcal of dessicated coconut is 21.5points
    600kcal of white sugar is 8.5points

Over 2.5 times the points but the same calories, this is due to the fat content of the coconut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

If you're really craving Koka noodles (as I do!) just make regular chinese noodles (2.5 points for 50g usually, in the aldi ones anyway) and add veg or chicken stock and curry powder. Or be more creative and add all kinds of spices! Tastes pretty much the same but leaves you less bloated and gross feeling.

• Advertisement

qwertyface wrote: »
    If you're really craving Koka noodles (as I do!) just make regular chinese noodles (2.5 points for 50g usually, in the aldi ones anyway) and add veg or chicken stock and curry powder. Or be more creative and add all kinds of spices! Tastes pretty much the same but leaves you less bloated and gross feeling.

Thanks for that i will defo be trying them!!!:D Id say they would be nice with spices actually....mmmmmm getting hungry now!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JMULL

What the best choice points wise when it comes to icecream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭sugark

JMULL wrote: »
    What the best choice points wise when it comes to icecream?

HB do a low-fat version of their vanilla ice-cream which is delicious and only 3 points for 100g.

The Weight Watchers magazine for July 2009 (which I just bought yesterday) had a list of low fat icecreams. From what I remember of it, the Marks & Spencer Count on Us Vanilla ice cream came in at 1.5 points per portion, but I can't remember what the portion size was.

Those would be the two i would recommend if you really want ice-cream, but there are always sorbets, which are a good alternative too. And I always keep a stash of fruit-flavoured ice-pops in the freezer - there are loads out there which are only half a point (the Dunnes value ones are nice and really cheap too, just avoid the Tesco value ones as they are horrid).

Thanks, do you know how many in a starburst, think i read before that they were one of the lowest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭sugark

JMULL wrote: »
    Thanks, do you know how many in a starburst, think i read before that they were one of the lowest

A Starburst Exotic Fruits smoothie lolly is 1.5 points, so definitely one of the lowest. Don't have any information regarding any other flavours though, but you could do a quick comparison when you're in the shop.

getting a list of ice creams and ice pops next thursday in ww class. Will post the list when I get it.

Thanks folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Poundatatime

Hi all I'm new to all this but just wondering if someone could help me out, Does anyone know how many point are in a veggie burger you get from SuperMacs?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Going out with work on Friday for Tapas only joined back ww this week so don't want to go mad. Any ideas on what I should have and what I should avoid? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

Hi all I'm new to all this but just wondering if someone could help me out, Does anyone know how many point are in a veggie burger you get from SuperMacs?

There are 512.80 calories in a Supermacs Veggie Burger. It has 28.64 grams of fat, of which 3.28 is saturated.

Using the weight watchers calculator, that puts a Supermacs Veggie Burger in at 8 Points.

A regular burger has 4.5 points (235 calories with 4.95 grams of sat fat).

The best one yet has to be the "Chicken Wrap / Garlic Sauce". It comes in at a whopping 11.5 points.

Actually, just worked out the " Smokey Bacon Burger" is 13.5 points.

Imagine you had one of those with a portion of regular fries (5.5 pts), that would come in at 19.

Might be better steering clear of them altogether!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement