Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

msfreak wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been posted already but how many ww points would be in the small sausage rolls you can get at deli counters at Centra etc?

thanks

I mailed Cuisine de France about this before and it's a shocking 7pt per sausage roll

Energy Kcal 334.415000

Energy Kj 1404.540000

Protein 7.750000

Carbohydrate 28.330000

(Of which Sugars) 0.650000

Fat 21.100000

Saturates 9.500000

Unsaturates

Fibre 0.200000

Sodium 500.000000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 msfreak

I mailed Cuisine de France about this before and it's a shocking 7pt per sausage roll

Holy f**k:eek: thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Should be no surprise really, if you grill a sausage loads of fat falls out, when covered in pastry it just absorbs all that grease, they are really just oven cooked batter sausages like a chipper. And since WW takes fat into account the points are huge. If you think that is bad have a look at pork pie in tescos, shocking amounts of fat, I think 35% or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JMULL

Hi, Anybody know how many points in a mcdonalds chicken wrap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

For a McD's chicken snack wrap, got the calories and sat fat from

http://www.mcdonalds.ie/docs/Nutritional_info.aspx

The columns are a bit wonky, hard to see which value falls under which heading but I think it's 265cals and 2g of sat fat so 4.5pts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JMULL

Thank you

Big tasty with bacon 995kcal, 63g fat, 25g sat fat. 20.5 points!

Do you want fries with that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

rubadub wrote: »
    Big tasty with bacon 995kcal, 63g fat, 25g sat fat. 20.5 points!

Do you want fries with that...

That is seriously shocking... :eek:

I'm allowed 23 points a day, so that would be one Big Tasty with Bacon, and one Muller Light yoghurt all frickin' day. Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I always take an Eddie Rockets Chicken Fillet Burger as being 3 points for the chicken breast, 4 for the burger and then 1 for the mayo, so that with a diet coke for a treat. How far am I off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mulmulcahy

OMFG!!! i just read the post about dominos. ive been doing ww for just over 2 months and am doing fine but prior to joining i used to often have "pizza dvd nights" with my bf. and to think i couldnt understand why i was piling on the pounds!!! :eek:. it should be illegal to sell those pizzas and just for the record we used to order a large!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I think they should put the calories on menus so everyone knows how fatty these products are.

My favourite ww tip - meringue nests - 0.5 points!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭No1XtinaFan

Kimia wrote: »
    I think they should put the calories on menus so everyone knows how fatty these products are.

My favourite ww tip - meringue nests - 0.5 points!!

No way! I love meringue!! :pac:deadly!

Anyone know how many points in a spring roll? going to Joels tonight and just looking at their menu online here, It's the only thing I would go for as a starter! Maybe I'll skip the starter!!! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Watch out for those meringue nests - only a 12g meringue nest is 0.5 pts.
    I made some meringues yesterday, rosettes, really not that big but worked out at 20g each and over a point each. So there I was thinking my 2 meringues were 1 point when they were about 2.5 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Anyone have a rough idea what a restaurant portion of seafood chowder would be?? i'm guessing the cream could be a big downfall....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi BarbieGirl,

Just regaring the eddie rockets chicken fillet burger I actually rang up eddie rockets to get the nutrional information on it cause it's all I eat from there and it worked out at 8points. So you were right on the button! :D

I think I have a winner,

Medium Pepperoni Passion double decadance 8 slices, the entire pizza is 2728kcal 148.8g fat (64g sat fat)
    http://points.ogo.ms/

54.5points.

http://www.dominos.uk.com/pdf/FoodGuide_NutritionPizzas.pdf

Just had a ww pizza for my dinner. dont think theyre new but theyre new to the dunnes i shop in. 5 points for the whole pizza. now they are quite small and not quite as tasty as dominos but still a great option if youve a notion and theyre only 5 points. had it with 1 slice of l-fat garlic bread and a big salad and was happy out after it!:D i also put some onions and mushrooms on it to add some flavour to it. i wont be having them everyday but its nice to know you can have some pizza without blowing half a weeks points! only negative side is theyre a bit dear as are most ww products but would rather spend my money than my points!

how many points in a sausage, not a very big one cooked on the george forman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 princess00

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Hi BarbieGirl,

Just regaring the eddie rockets chicken fillet burger I actually rang up eddie rockets to get the nutrional information on it cause it's all I eat from there and it worked out at 8points. So you were right on the button! :D

Hi All,

I have recently rejoined weight watchers for the third time and this time I am doing well, Im 4 away from my stone, I have previously given up fater half a stone, so so far so good, I have 2.5 stone to lose in total!

Jwacqui thats great t know about the chicken fillet burger, did eddie's give you the details of anything else? at least i know now if Im going there I can just use 8 points instead of the usual 20 or 30!!!

mulmulcahy wrote: »
    how many points in a sausage, not a very big one cooked on the george forman?

Hi Mulmulcahy, it says in the weight watchers booked that a normal skinny sausage is 1.5 and that low fat ones are 0.5, well I cant find any low fat ones but normal galtee ones are 1.5! Even those ballyfree turkey ones are 1.5, does anyone know of lower points ones?

I think I have a winner,

Medium Pepperoni Passion double decadance 8 slices, the entire pizza is 2728kcal 148.8g fat (64g sat fat)
    http://points.ogo.ms/

54.5points.

http://www.dominos.uk.com/pdf/FoodGuide_NutritionPizzas.pdf

I know pizzas are mega high, pizza hut is the same, the usual pizza I would have had to myself was only 40 points and then I would have shared chips and garlic dip!! No wonder I piled it on!!!

I diid find this great low fat dough for making homemade pizza and its yum, its only 4.5 points for the base and then I make a no point tomatoe sauce and use aldi reduced fat fresh mozerella (which is 4 for the whole lot) and then just veggies, so total is 8.5 points and its really cheesy and tasty! or use half the cheese and add other toppings!

Recipe is:

Level tsp of baking yeast sachet (0.5)
    70g of strong white flour (3.5)
    50ml water
    1 tsp olive oil (0.5)

In a bowl mix the luke warm water with the dry yeast and olive oil.
    Add the white flour and mix with a fork to create a round ball. Slightly knead together and put it in a mixing bowl covering thetop of the bowl with clingfilm and leave it to rise in a warm place for 30 mins.

Then roll out, add your sauce and oppings and cook in oven for about 25 mins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Another recipe idea for pizza lovers....and it only takes 10 mins to prepare and cook! It's pitta pizzas with sweet & spicy peppers.

1 pitta bread, opened into two halves (I usually stick it in the toaster for 3 mins before halving, it gets air into the middle and makes it easier to cut without breaking)

Spread tomato puree on the pitta halves and sprinkle some oregano on top. Cut a sweet pepper into strips and grill the strips to soften them a bit. When they're done, put them in a bowl and mix them with some mild chilli powder and worcester sauce. Put them onto the pittas & then sprinkle 40g of low fat cheese on top & put under the grill until done.

Only 3.5 points for the lot and they're delicious! I usually have 4 pieces of a low fat garlic bread baguette (4 points) and have it all as my dinner. I actually prefer them now to takeaway pizzas!

princess00 wrote: »
    I know pizzas are mega high, pizza hut is the same, the usual pizza I would have had to myself was only 40 points and then I would have shared chips and garlic dip!! No wonder I piled it on!!!

I diid find this great low fat dough for making homemade pizza and its yum, its only 4.5 points for the base and then I make a no point tomatoe sauce and use aldi reduced fat fresh mozerella (which is 4 for the whole lot) and then just veggies, so total is 8.5 points and its really cheesy and tasty! or use half the cheese and add other toppings!

Recipe is:

Level tsp of baking yeast sachet (0.5)
    70g of strong white flour (3.5)
    50ml water
    1 tsp olive oil (0.5)

In a bowl mix the luke warm water with the dry yeast and olive oil.
    Add the white flour and mix with a fork to create a round ball. Slightly knead together and put it in a mixing bowl covering thetop of the bowl with clingfilm and leave it to rise in a warm place for 30 mins.

Then roll out, add your sauce and oppings and cook in oven for about 25 mins!

Definitely going to try this, yum! When you say to leave in a warm place to rise for 30 mins, where would you leave it???

God that pitta pizza sounds amazing i'm having that tonight.

Princess - Superquinn do low fat sausages (well reduced fat haha) but I don't know how many points they are. It would be wonderful if they were 0.5 points each i could each so many.

Does anyone know of nice low fat cheese that melts properly? I use the low fat but it doesn't melt and bubble like normal fat cheese and it gets kinda crusty. Still nice taste but no glorious gloopiness.

Princess - Superquinn do low fat sausages (well reduced fat haha) but I don't know how many points they are. It would be wonderful if they were 0.5 points each i could each so many.

Does anyone know of nice low fat cheese that melts properly? I use the low fat but it doesn't melt and bubble like normal fat cheese and it gets kinda crusty. Still nice taste but no glorious gloopiness.

I think the SQ low fat sausages are 2pts each. And I use the Avonmore low fat cheese and it melts ok for me, not quite as good as the normal stuff though. And that's only having it under the grill for maybe 4 minutes, I'd imagine it would get quite crusty if left for longer. The Low Low grated cheese melts perfectly but it's slightly higher in points.

Hope you enjoy your pittas! :D

Oh I will! hehe

2 points for Low fat superquinn sausages? That's awful. Anyone have an alternative?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 prettypink

Hi, Kearns do a low fact "Select" Range. I can get them in my local Dunnes Stores and they are 40g each so I count them as 1 1/2 points each.

I make the pitta pizzas too, using wholemeal pittas. There are only 1 or 2 pizzas in supermarkets using wholemeal flour. For ultra low calorie/point ones I use ryvitas. I get tubes of tomato puree like toothpaste and squeeze it on, and stick some low fat cheese on top. I just microwave them until it melts, or grill quickly. Low fat cheeses have the lost fat made up with protein, this is what is really going hard or burning. If you do find a low fat cheese that does not go like that then it might not be particularly low fat.

I also grilled the ryvitas with just puree on top and spread on low fat garlic & herb philidephia.

Definitely going to try this, yum! When you say to leave in a warm place to rise for 30 mins, where would you leave it???

Hi, I normally leave it beside the radiator, but saw a programme last night that left dough to rise in slightly warm oven, other option could be hot press? I usually have heating on or oven on and kitchen is quite warm, it doesnt need to rise too much but it gets much more pliable and easier to role out, its seriously yum!

Oh I will! hehe

2 points for Low fat superquinn sausages? That's awful. Anyone have an alternative?

its so annoying that sausages are so high, but they do taste damn good so the odd time its worth it!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 *Sparkles*

Hi there this may seem a silly question but is low fat milk the same as skimmed milk?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement