Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow (showers and longer spells) Sunday evening - Tuesday morning, possibly longer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Started snowing heavy here in Fermanagh. Starting to stick already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Chances for waterford CITY.?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Longfield wrote: »
    I'd say about 100% to be honest, whether it sticks is another matter.

Ah good good, that has brightened up my day already:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

pp_me129 wrote: »
    Chances for waterford CITY.?

I wouldn't make any plans for a snow day off work if I were you.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

Just starting in Cavan now;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Getting a few heavy hail showers at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

blizzard conditions now!! time to go for a walk:D

blizzard conditions now!! time to go for a walk:D

Take a few pics if ya can. I haven't seen snow in ages, I feel like im so deprived

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Take a few pics if ya can. I haven't seen snow in ages, I feel like im so deprived
    Unless you only moved recently to Navan, they had 6 or so inches of snow 2 months ago.

Snowbie wrote: »
    Unless you only moved recently to Navan, they had 6 or so inches of snow 2 months ago.

Ah yeah I know, but that was 2 months ago ;). Alright im just being greedy now:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Ah sometimes i see sarcasm without a smiley but im not well tonight.
    Also stop being greedy.

Snowbie wrote: »
    Also stop being greedy.

Ah im sorry. I'll stop.

I can't wait to get up in the morning and see what the story is outside, it's just rainin here a bit at the moment. Was really cold there earlier on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

SE shield seems to be firmly in place now, I'm off to bed.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Sleet here now - 1.9c. just started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Some sleety light rain here now, 1.3c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

does anyone tink there will be snow in limerick, i hope there is

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

stopped again in sligo, nothing lying

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Rain shower here. Wont be long now till the showers are exclusively of snow but it will be the early hours of morning before this is the case in the East.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Showers all but gone here now. Just windy and cold. 1.1c. Radar dosen't look to promising either for me with showers confined to the coast.

Hopefully might scape another passing shower tomorrow before winter is gone forever.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The radar looks rather promising to my eyes. I'm still seeing shower intensification out at sea. An interesting night is ahead.

• Advertisement

The radar looks rather promising to my eyes. I'm still seeing shower intensification out at sea. An interesting night is ahead.

The intensity of the showers will be up and down through the night. For us in the East we need the intense ones just so something makes it here.

Since there was a rain shower here an hour ago it feels very noticeably colder now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

snowing steadily now and it's starting to accumulating everywhere!! if this keeps up there should be at least two inches by morning!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

1.7degC and a DP of -1... but the temp is holding at 1.7 for nearly the last hour. Grrr... I think this will be a write off as far as I'm concerned. We've no precip around here just now anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

we prolly wont get anything till tomorrow in the east, the showers are mainly all in the west and north. Showers from atlantic based cold snaps rarely make it to the east unless there is some serious organised bands of snow with high winds dragging them this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I would love some snow tommorrow (in Dublin), I'm off and dying to try out my new camera!

I would love some snow tommorrow (in Dublin), I'm off and dying to try out my new camera!

There is a chance tonight but tomorrow there will be some snow - it will probrably stick for a while too but should melt quickly.

Here is the low that will effect us to our North west

ukir_sat_200803030200.jpg

That was a Polar low - it wont be when it reaches Ireland but despite a mild sector to the SW it should fall almost entirely of snow, and heavy snow too, leading to some accumulations at all levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

it's work time at this ungodly hour , but delighted to report a light snowcover 1.2c , hopefully more to come:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Please forgive me for this stupid question

But is thunder not the result of a warm and cold front coming together?

Or does a cold front push up a warm front therefore creating a possible snow fall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Woke up to a slight dusting, snow shower just passed. But to those in the east who think they are missing out, don't worry, you are not missing much. So far, I actually had more snow lying at the beginning of feb. (and God knows that was pitiful).

Temp did not fall below freezing last night, +0.1c at its lowest point, now 0.7c. Pressure 1011.0 mb steady.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement