Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow (showers and longer spells) Sunday evening - Tuesday morning, possibly longer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Our chance awaits later, first the low and then Irish sea showers;)
    Tonight, wintry showers will become confined mainly to northern and eastern coastal areas

EDIT: Look at the outer band intensifying on that low as it approaches stretching the full length of the country
    http://www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=homepage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

there's a dusting of snow fkakes on the cars here, -2.0c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Something a bit more intense bearing down on the west now. Very dark here. Has been an significant accumulation over the last hour. Trees and roads covered now. Hope approaching showers gives us a well deserved top up.:)

latest_radar.gif

Temp 0.4c. Pressure now falling big time. 1010.0 mb.

Edit: Heavy snow again now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Bah humbug!! Woke up at 7am to the local radio presenter saying that it was 'snowing over Carlow and Kilkenny', hopped out of my bed and..........nothing!!!! :mad:

Bah humbug!! Woke up at 7am to the local radio presenter saying that it was 'snowing over Carlow and Kilkenny', hopped out of my bed and..........nothing!!!! :mad:

Check out latest uk radar:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Some serious showers hitting the coast. We are all in with a chance if the hills of Galway and Mayo don't drain the life out of them as they move inland. Could be some thunder to..:)

Snow lighter here again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yes looks like the snow was slightly more retarded than i expected but still certainly on route.

Heavy snow will begin to batter the west now and spread eastwards, deep accumalations in the west with a small amount even in the far east.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

It's REALLY just not fair - I'd settle for a dusting never mind a top-up!!!! This is from the viewpoint of not recieving anything in early Jan and not recieving anything early Feb, even that front that Sunday in early Feb that crossed the country just brought rain - nothing, nothing, nothing! :mad:

Now the sun is up and heating proabaly the best I can expect will be sleet during the day.

Was too busy having a rant to notice a very light flurry of snow here now at the moment! :rolleyes: However temp. is already up to +2.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Slight splattering of snow when waking just now, clear skies over, can see snow falling to the south & north of me though.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    It's REALLY just not fair - I'd settle for a dusting never mind a top-up!!!! This is from the viewpoint of not recieving anything in early Jan and not recieving anything early Feb, even that front that Sunday in early Feb that crossed the country just brought rain - nothing, nothing, nothing! :mad:

Now the sun is up and heating proabaly the best I can expect will be sleet during the day.

Unfortunately it does look like the snow will be arriving through the daylight hours, but there will be snow in Dublin today and soon.

Check this out http://www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=gb&sat=ir

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Snowing lightly now out here, temp on the rise though at +0.5C with a DP of -0.7C.

• Advertisement

Just checked out todays UKM to confirm

Widespread snow today with a the chance of heavy showers moving onto the east during nighttime later as winds veer NE also.

Heavy bands of showers drivving into the west coast now. The outerbands of the polar low are just moving onshore.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Unfortunately it does look like the snow will be arriving through the daylight hours, but there will be snow in Dublin today and soon.

Check this out http://www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=gb&sat=ir

I have to say that's really quite impressive - hopefully the intensity will surpress temperatures?

Was too busy having a rant to notice a very light flurry of snow here now at the moment! However temp. is already up to +2.4c Make that +2.5c now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

Cloud just after covering Kilcullen, kildare and with it borought snow. It's light snow, but coming down strong...Might not make it to work on those roads ;)

Temperatures today will rise to 4 or 5c in good breaks in the showers, thus the liklihood that lying snow will thaw at times.

But during the showers the temperature will quickly fall to 1 or 0c ;)

According to TWO, thunderstorm reported at Belmullet. Wish this was happening at night. Would be able to see some lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 StratoQ

Hi all

Snow now just stopped here. Settled on all surfaces. I think it came at just right time for settling. Sun now coming out and starting to warm up. I dont expect to see much left come evening - bar the snowman!

Measured 3 cm on car roof top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thunderone

heavy snow in Kildare at the moment..and is sticking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Snow flurry in north Dublin now. Birds going mental as most have never seen it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

A light flurry with flakes blowing around in the wind.
    As expected the showers are organising into some prolonged showers out west.
    With the added convection of today, these will make it east, not before the temp climbs to around 5C only to drop back in showers. Accumulations will be nothing on lower levels but will be interesting later on when wing swings into the N/NE after dark.

Snow flurry in north Dublin now. Birds going mental as most have never seen it before.
    :D

• Advertisement

Light snow shower

Heavy snow just started

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭arctictree

Light snow shower here now....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Had a light snow flurry in Waterford about an hour ago.

StratoQ wrote: »
    Hi all

Snow now just stopped here. Settled on all surfaces. I think it came at just right time for settling. Sun now coming out and starting to warm up. I dont expect to see much left come evening - bar the snowman!

Measured 3 cm on car roof top.

Welcome to weather, don't be a stranger.

Blizzard conditions now. Radar showing a decreasing shower intensity on west coast though. 1.0c. 1009.7 mb.

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    Blizzard conditions now. Radar showing a decreasing shower intensity on west coast though. 1.0c. 1009.7 mb.
    You be in the firing line for awhile now Paddy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭nilhg

It's pelting down snow here now, had major job persuading kids to go on school bus.....Starting to stick on my lawn and tarmac drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Heavy snow fall happening here now in Roscommon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Snow in Donegal this morning but not a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement