Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow (showers and longer spells) Sunday evening - Tuesday morning, possibly longer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

2.9c slight hail shower , looks like a good night to be in the W/NW....... enjoy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Looks like the showers are making it across the country better than the last cold snap.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,722 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

a bit of snow sticking on the grass here.
    it just started snowing 10 minutes ago:D

kerry1960 wrote: »
    2.9c slight hail shower , looks like a good night to be in the W/NW....... enjoy .

that's very gracious of you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

just heard that it started snowing in knock:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

patneve wrote: »

We,ve got god on our side .....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

patneve wrote: »

Plenty more to come tonight and tomorrow Pat, this will make the headlines tomorrow for sure, if not the biggest news story ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Please let it arrive before dawn and deliver a snow day off work!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

a bit of snow sticking on the grass here.
    it just started snowing 10 minutes ago:D

What a funny region we share Nacho, Just back to rain showers here again. Temp has stopped falling now 2.7c up from 2.4c. This is what happened the last time. Wouldn't be surprised if this was it for Galway (just like the last time:) )

Ah well, I didn't expect much, and ended up with even less..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

it's just a pity I'm not in Ireland at the moment...:mad:...moving back for good next year but for now I'm stuck in snowless Rome (last major snowfall here was in 1986-the closest thing I've seen to snow here is a heavy fall of hail)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    What a funny region we share Nacho, Just back to rain showers here again. Temp has stopped falling now 2.7c up from 2.4c. This is what happened the last time. Wouldn't be surprised if this was it for Galway (just like the last time:) )

Ah well, I didn't expect much, and ended up with even less..

I presume you're joking seeing as the cold snap hasn't even begun yet. I think later tonight and tomorrow is meant to be best for snow chances.

rc28 wrote: »
    I presume you're joking seeing as the cold snap hasn't even begun yet. I think later tonight and tomorrow is meant to be best for snow chances.

That's what they said the last time. The temperature was forecast to drop to -1.0 here in the west tonight. Temperature is now beginning to rise.

Exactly what happened the last time at the beginning of Feb.

I will remain hopeful though.

Like the last time...

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

CM21 wrote: »
    Looks like the showers are making it across the country better than the last cold snap.:)
    whats your location......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Thought there would be something on the news by now or aertal news about severe weather, maybe at 9 o clock news tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Kippure wrote: »
    Thought there would be something on the news by now or aertal news about severe weather, maybe at 9 o clock news tonight.

Should be interesting to see - but I guess it will be like the 6 O'Clock News, nothing on the actual news...but the warning will be mentioned during the weather forecast which follows the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Few snow showers up here in Donegal over this last hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Showers are already dying out over the midlands more quickly now as the temp is getting colder across land. Unless something big organises off west seaboard, East will just get leftover snizzle. I'm downbeat about tonights prospects for here or is it because i feel poorly with a stomach bug?:(

Should be enough convection around for tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Vidunder

Keep the nerves folks, cold air has just filtered through and is moving masses of pre-existent stale air. By tomorrow we'll be engulfed in that freakin -5/-6. Too bad the air won't be as unstable as it is tonigh but well, Donegal/Ulster's going to love it big time tonight :D

+3,4 °C here in spacious and open D18, messy sky... but I think we won't be able to see much. Coastal Leinster is going to be the limping horse tomorrow...

Temp fallling again now. 1.9c. Sleet shower just starting. It's funny, temps dropping in showers, and rising when they clear. The opposite of normal at night time here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

heavy snow right now in sligo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Vidunder

It's polar air all the way! Cold air is dragged downwards by rain (or sleet or whatever), thus the fall in temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Just gone V.Cold here, certainly good conditions for snow, clear sky overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    Temp fallling again now. 1.9c. Sleet shower just starting. It's funny, temps dropping in showers, and rising when they clear. The opposite of normal at night time here.
    Are you close to the ocean or Galway bay?. If it where true polar air the temps would not recover, but as a shower moves through here the temp does not recover and is stagnant.

Makes me wonder if the colder air is really upon us at all yet?

Snowbie wrote: »
    Are you close to the ocean or Galway bay?. If it where true polar air the temps would not recover, but as a shower moves through here the temp does not recover and is stagnant.

i was just about to ask that. is it possible there maybe a warm sector in this before the real action starts in the small hours?

Snowbie wrote: »

Just north of Tuam Snowbie, the town I am originally from. Moved out the country for my peace of mind!!. So Inland enough to reap the benefits at times.

Snow shower here now with very squally winds. Snow is actually sticking despite sodden ground. Ground temps must be quite low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Here we go again another few days where i read all of the posts of omg snow and im stuck here with none weeeeeEEEE fun ! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Cant believe that baby is gonna be crossing the country!

Look at the amount of juice in her

http://sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=gb

Bring it on folks, it should actually snow pretty nice tomorrow...

I hope it arrives abit ahead of expected, around 9/10am

Just talking to a friend of mine in Galway city he reported distant lightning over the ocean. I want that later.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

What would the chances be of Navan getting a bit of snowfall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    What would the chances be of Navan getting a bit of snowfall?
    I'd say about 100% to be honest, whether it sticks is another matter.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement