Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skirmish Airsoft Command

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 scar14

Great games today guys!!!!! like the new cover to hide behind!!!(espicially infront of the cottage) Cant wait for Spectrum#9!!!!!!!:D;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭major sims

well done Scar14 it wont be long before you will be leading a team to be rekoned with looking forward to seeing how your team will perform at the first of the Spectrum # 9 series

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭77kevinhalvey77

yea i love the new obstacles on the site hope the lads comming to spectrum #9 like them . well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

kevin and john i have ta say for your 3rd time in airsoft you guys are good.there is a place on our team for ya's.when i am not on marshal dutie i want you both with the maquis for spectrum to see how you guys work together as part as the selection coarse.

<snip> Wonder will the two brothers from the west be coming to this ;)

i wonder will the sigma group be making this.maybe they cant take this sort of gaming hahahaha;)

• Advertisement

Spectrum#9 Long Good Friday

intel will be sent to players who have registered for this event over the next two days

Intel will be sent via e-mail with video attachement

thanks guys!!!!! hope the weather is good for spectum #9!!!

it is finally here the first event of the summer at s.a.c.
    i hope everyone is getting lots of RNR for then next 3 days will push you to you absolute limits and bb levels haha.

just a final summary.bb's will be on sale at the site but we have very limited amounts.there will be a pot for the nights food,everyone put €10 in the pot and when it gets to the point we need to chill we will have Apache pizza deliver to us.menus are on site.make sure everyone has a tent to sleep in and plenty of warm cloths + a change of socks.

i hope you all have a blast on site and good luck........you will need it

sorry guys but when are we being e-mailed the video:D:D

• Advertisement

well done to all who turned out for Spectrum # 9 part one and a big shout to some of our new players who were exceptional ....;)

well done guys, Spectrum #9 was excellent!!!!!! especially the night games!!:D;)

are u posting the pics of spectrum #9 up on boards ?:D

<image snipped>

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

major sims wrote: »
    IMG_0155.jpg

Whys that dude with the yellow sun glasses wearing Irish camo trousers? Isn't that illegal???

major sims wrote: »
    IMG_0181.jpg

WOW!!! thats a cool pic of me!!!;)haha:D:D love all the other pics too!!!

p.s. thats a good camera darren!!!!;)

yea there great pics darren u should take more picks next time :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I think you'll find its French. Its rather nice actually I have some and its matches this stuff perfectly and is perfectly legal.
    http://www.protac.ie/store/index.php/catalog/product/gallery/id/60/image/37/

Such vests and rigs are available from said Store. Your not insinuating that Protac's gear pattern is illigal are you?? No bickie for you chucky. :D

Great to see the blackhawk is still in the games, I thought by now it might be dead!! Also good to see AIR attended great player as are all his team.
    hello AIR, Thommaz and all the guys in the Brotherhood Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

iceage wrote: »
    I think you'll find its French. Its rather nice actually I have some and its matches this stuff perfectly and is perfectly legal.

Such vests and rigs are available from said Store. Your not insinuating that Protac's gear pattern is illigal are you?? No bickie for you chucky. :D

Ah no probs mate. My eyes must be playing tricks on me. Looks a lot more like the pattern and colour of the camouflage used by the Irish Defence Forces rather than CCE (that would be the French one you're thinking of). Did I mention I've some CCE gear? Did I also mention that the Maquis used to use CCE?

But hey for comparison try this:

French:
    french_centre_europe_camo.jpg

Irish:
    irish_army_current_issue_shirt.jpg

The latter, to my eyes at least, seems a much better match (can I say exact match?) for the colours and pattern of the trousers in the picture I quoted.

As for Protac I never mentioned them nor their products, more importantly I was on about the trousers the fella was using not his tan chest vest.

Thanks for that clarifaction there Chuck, nothing wrong with your eyesight. Is that bottom pic Irish DPM? Looks like something one of my ole Aunts use to wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

iceage wrote: »

Great to see the blackhawk is still in the games, I thought by now it might be dead!! Also good to see AIR attended great player as are all his team.
    hello AIR, Thommaz and all the guys in the Brotherhood Team.

What Protac has to do with this I don't know, however that is genuine Irish pattern, they are the only company (to the best of my knowledge) in Ireland licensed to manufacture and sell equipment in current Irish pattern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Dear Skirmish Airsoft Command.

As below this is now my third and final attempt to communicate with you regarding your site. The IAA have also sent you numerous emails, pm's and as below 3 posts here regarding your site.

You say below, that
    "shortly we will be back posting here and let the iaa show you how legit we are"
    and yet you are unresponsive to any communications we have sent you.

If you are running a legitmate site then you should make good on your word and at least make contact with us. We are merely seeking clarification on the legitimacy of your site due to numerous complaints that we have received.

I'm sorry that i had to post this here but every single attempt to contact you has been stone walled and i wanted this final attempt to actually be read by you.

Regards,
    Conor Scolard
    IAA Chairperson
    Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    TWICE

Hey 2 questions.

amaughan wrote:
    The location for Skirmish Airsoft Command are as follows;
    Sat Nav coordinates N53 45.675' / W007 44.729'
    Is this still the location?
    amaughan wrote:
    shortly we will be back posting here and let the iaa show you how legit we are because when we are open to the public and we will be inviting them down for a free game.

Are you open to the public yet? I have emailed you regarding the above and got no response so i thought i would try here.

@ KD I used Protacs gear as an example of legal pattern.

As the OP I am requesting the closure of this thread. My OP was nothing else but thanks to SAC for great games and a tremendous site, my intention was never to allow it to become a slagging match for disgruntled players who constantly continue to snipe at SAC at every opportunity...bad show guys considering we all claim to play a game based on honour.

The operators at SAC are a great bunch of guys who are passionate about the sport who took the step to develope a unique site which is ideal for Milsim, the first I believe in the Republic now they might have started to run before they could walk but hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it folks? For that fact some of you have gone on to open your own venues, would you have even considered Airsoft as a sport or a venture if you had not attended SAC....probably not.

To Major Sims hopefully you understand my request for this closure and I strongly advise you to open your own SAC thread, the site has really taken off with some cracking games by the sounds of it, may they continue for you, also if I might be so bold as to encourage you to reply to Dr Pepper if nothing else but to be polite. SAC may not be interested in affiliation with the IAA and if I'm correct it is not a requirement for anyone to run their own Airsoft site, Dr Pepper that is the case isn't it?

Shame it came to this as I said earlier in my post my intention was only to praise SAC for its gameplay and site, I've become tired of this ridiculous and childish behaviour from other players I haven't managed to get out for a skirmish in quite a while never mind calling up to SAC and find myself defending them constantly to others here who keep taking potshots at them. Knock it off guys and get on with your own ventures and sites. Frankly this has put me completely off the idea of Airsoft, this is not what the sport is all about. I have PM'd a mod requesting closure of this thread. Darren I urge you to open a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Closed at OP's request

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement