Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Travel is good

I had to pay VAT too, my order was small. It sounds like we are all getting stung for VAT. Thanks for the info. about paying customs on orders over $150. The Customs & Excise people must be following this thread. I got away with not paying any VAT on my first order about a month ago, and I ordered more stuff than I'm getting now. I still really like the clothes though.

I'm planning to go to London shortly and saw this:

http://www.retail-week.com/property/american-eagle-circles-london-for-first-uk-store/5025342.article

Edit:

I just received my order.

€44 for the clothes
    €50 for the shipping
    €7.37 for the VAT

So the next time I'll put in a bigger order, for the shipping costs to be worthwhile. There was a 40% discount on the clothes, which was definitely good. I'm still happy enough. Though I'm seriously thinking of visiting AE in the US again (it's just an excuse!).

I also received this discount code:

20% off your next online purchase (expires 22/9/11)
    Code 83892001

If anyone wants to use it, you're welcome, as I probably don't need any more AE stuff at the moment. The discount code is valid for one-time use only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Jackobyte wrote: »
    DHL attempted to deliver mine today, but only after a Customs charge of €308 was paid. Told them I wouldn't pay it and am now trying to get AE to send a price confirmation to get Customs to reduce the charge. Customs had the invoice marked at €1200 when the order was only €300 in total.

Anyone else still having their items held by customs? I've been running around in circles trying to get them to cop the fook on and reduce the charges. I've had AE contact them with a corrected invoice which they deny getting and I've forwarded them the invoice I received off AE.

Anyone else having trouble with a very stubborn customs team?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

25% off - ends today

Code: 42677541

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maximalistic

Im just chiming in on this thread now, ive just been on the website and the delivery total was $7?? am i missing something or is there another charge for delivery added on?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

20% off:

Valid until tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Im just chiming in on this thread now, ive just been on the website and the delivery total was $7?? am i missing something or is there another charge for delivery added on?
    $7 for shipping to US Mainland. If you go to check out and enter an Irish address, it will correct it to $50 overseas delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

15% off, valid until November 7th apparently..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Anyone got any live codes, most I can find ended yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Anyone got any live codes, most I can find ended yesterday
    Looking for a valid one too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JackNow

Hi Cantgetnoscleep. the following links gets updated quite frequently with American Eagle discount codes, but there is no discount code at the moment.
    There is a big sale in the US this weekend and in to monday (Memorial day) so you should see decent discount codes before then.

http://www.buxr.com/coupons/american-eagle-outfitters
    http://www.dealigg.com/search.php?search=american+eagle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

American Eagle has launched new outlet site with lots of things at discounted rate.

http://www.ae.com/outlet/index.jsp

15% off code: 87279041

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

40% off - 54018251

Valid until Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

With the shift in exchange rates you would need to be ordering a savage amount to justify the €40 delivery charges plus duties on top.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

another order put in :)

happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

For a similar style of clothing, I see that J Crew now ship to Ireland. They have free shipping until 30 May. You also pay VAT etc. upfront so no issues with customs/couriers...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

tallpaul wrote: »
    For a similar style of clothing, I see that J Crew now ship to Ireland. They have free shipping until 30 May. You also pay VAT etc. upfront so no issues with customs/couriers...

The prices are pretty savage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Wizzy2011

tallpaul wrote: »

Similar style x10 the price...for instance check out this 'sale' item

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation/Sale/AllProducts/PRDOVR~62567/99102579587/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~P_saleprice%7C1~20+16~15~~~~~~~/62567.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

their clothes are nice but woah some of the prices are over the top!

Has anyone used a US address to send an order to, to avail of the free shipping and then get a mate to send it to Ireland labelled as a gift?
    How does it work? Do they have to open the parcel and take the tags off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Thinking of ordering from A&F or Hollister soon, any idea on what the taxes/import duties or extra charges would be my order would be around 150Eur including shipping? I presume theyd be the same as AE

Just did an order on AE there. It costs 49.80Euro, any idea on the tax/duty id have to pay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thinking of ordering from A&F or Hollister soon, any idea on what the taxes/import duties or extra charges would be my order would be around 150Eur including shipping? I presume theyd be the same as AE

Just did an order on AE there. It costs 49.80Euro, any idea on the tax/duty id have to pay?

23% so €11.45

draffodx wrote: »
    23% so €11.45

For the A&F/Hollister order would I just have to pay the 23% or do I have to pay extra because its over a certain amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭stargirl!

For the A&F/Hollister order would I just have to pay the 23% or do I have to pay extra because its over a certain amount?

A&F and hollister now sell in euro fom europe so no extra taxes or import charges have to be paid on arrival! :D

stargirl! wrote: »
    A&F and hollister now sell in euro fom europe so no extra taxes or import charges have to be paid on arrival! :D

Aww yeah! Thanks, you made my day!

Do you know where they ship from?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭stargirl!

Aww yeah! Thanks, you made my day!

Do you know where they ship from?

not 100% sure but think its uk, prices in euro tho so no exchange rate hassle, and unless its gone up recently postage is a flat rate to here of €15 and doesnt increase wih value of stuff bought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

stargirl! wrote: »

Do you still just order off the american website for this or is it a euro address

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

should just redirect you to the euro store. If It doesn't then click the flag bottom right and select country and currency.

Advertisement