Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Just got my order there.With the exception of one tshirt out of an order of 5 shirts,2 jeans,a hoody and shorts, everything fits perfectly.I also got a 20% off code for online purchases until 22/9/11.
    CODE:83892001

After a long chat with the delivery guy regarding the customs charges,he said that it would definitely be worth pursuing the revenue as he doesn't know how they came up with the eur43 charge (no declared value on the package and it wasn't opened).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I made the order Saturday night and no money has been taken off my credit card and the order still hasn't been dispatched.

I got a call from my bank on the monday just making sure it was me using the credit card as i was doing a bit of online shopping. Still they said everything was fine.

Does it usually take American eagle this long?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

tok9 wrote: »
    I made the order Saturday night and no money has been taken off my credit card and the order still hasn't been dispatched.

I got a call from my bank on the monday just making sure it was me using the credit card as i was doing a bit of online shopping. Still they said everything was fine.

Does it usually take American eagle this long?
    My Sunday night order shipped at 4pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Ordered on Sunday at 1pm and got a 2nd email on Tuesday saying the same thing that my order was received. No dispatch though

It was dispatched yesterday after all! :)

Nothing has been taken out of my account though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Hi guys unt gals,

Just came across this thread. What are the American sizes like compared to the Irish ones if I were to order online. For example, if I am an XL here, should I be ordering an L off the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Ordered on Sunday and got email saying the order is being processed,got a order number,but nothing since and tried to check the order number and says "Your order number and/or e-mail was not found".Will I keep waiting the money hasnt been taken out of my paypal either!

seachto7 wrote: »
    Hi guys unt gals,

Just came across this thread. What are the American sizes like compared to the Irish ones if I were to order online. For example, if I am an XL here, should I be ordering an L off the website?

The sizes are pretty much the same mate! I am an L and I order L the whole time!
    Same with Jeans although there is a bit more give in the waist compared with the likes of jack jones!

Got my order is shipped email a little while ago :fingers crossed I dont get caught at customs:

Still no email for me,does anyone know if the track order would work if it wasnt despatched eg say there processing my order or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

Still no email for me,does anyone know if the track order would work if it wasnt despatched eg say there processing my order or something like that

When did you order? Ordered Monday evening and I only got the dispatch email today so they may be running a bit of a backlog with the Labour Day weekend...

• Advertisement

Sunday morning

DHL attempted to deliver mine today, but only after a Customs charge of €308 was paid. Told them I wouldn't pay it and am now trying to get AE to send a price confirmation to get Customs to reduce the charge. Customs had the invoice marked at €1200 when the order was only €300 in total.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    DHL attempted to deliver mine today, but only after a Customs charge of €308 was paid. Told them I wouldn't pay it and am now trying to get AE to send a price confirmation to get Customs to reduce the charge. Customs had the invoice marked at €1200 when the order was only €300 in total.

Ouch, that's bloody insane!

Thats a disgrace!!

Why dont you print off the order email?

It's very annoying, but they will have to reduce it accordingly when AE send a correct invoice. Still, it'll be somewhere around the 70 mark even if it is reduced. :(

whats the going rate? 25%

Mc Love wrote: »
    21% for the goods and 15& for the services (shipping) AFAIK. My figures aren't completely right, it was my mother who was talking to the delivery guy, but for Customs, they definitely wanted €300+

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Mc Love wrote: »
    21% for the goods and 15& for the services (shipping) AFAIK. My figures aren't completely right, it was my mother who was talking to the delivery guy, but for Customs, they definitely wanted €300+

If your order is over €150 excluding deliver you have to pay a customs duty aswell as vat. Not sure how much it is for clothes

coach22 wrote: »
    If your order is over €150 excluding deliver you have to pay a customs duty aswell as vat. Not sure how much it is for clothes

Order comes under the 150 excluding delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

DHL attempted to deliver mine on Friday. I was also done for VAT. Owed €17 on a total order of €105. I therefore got 5 shirts for about €25 each. If they fit, it's not a bad price.

• Advertisement

newbie! wrote: »
    DHL attempted to deliver mine on Friday. I was also done for VAT. Owed €17 on a total order of €105. I therefore got 5 shirts for about €25 each. If they fit, it's not a bad price.

Mine cost a similar amount so even if I get caught, at least it won't break the bank!

newbie! wrote: »
    Does total order include delivery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Does total order include delivery?

Yes it did. Total cost was $150.

My total order was $201 and there after charging me 40 euro in customs.. Must check it out when i get home from work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

Anyone who needs to ring and doesn't want to call the 1890 number use 018448220

wba88 wrote: »
    Anyone who needs to ring and doesn't want to call the 1890 number use 018448220

whats that number for?

Mine was delivered to my home address earlier - my mother was aware that she'd probably have to pay some VAT but wasn't asked for anything.

At the same time, DHL left a voicemail saying that I owed 17eur so I'll need to sort that out before they start knocking on my mother's door for it! :p

DHL called to the door a while ago asking for 71 euro!! Didnt have it and said they would call back tomorrow.

How in the name of god did I get charged that much?
    My total excluding delivery is 140 and delievery is 35.

Do I pay the 71 euro and then argue it with the revenue and customs??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

whats that number for?
    Sorry I wasn't thinking. DHL, I was overcharged (they added customs - order was under €150)

• Advertisement

wba88 wrote: »
    whats that number for?
    Sorry I wasn't thinking. DHL, I was overcharged (they added customs - order was under €150)
    Did that include delivery?

Advertisement