Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Do they deliver from AE.com to ireland?

They do but you will more than likely be done for duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭djdunny

Fizman wrote: »
    Any recent discount codes lads? Looking to put in a big enough order soon.

or you could wait till i go to vegas in november :)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

I love AE clothes but I like many other boardsies got stung with customs duty :mad:

There are however a few seleers on us ebay who have a hugh range of AE clothes & will post to Ireland at a much better rate.
    AE shipping $50 is a joke.

Also they tend to agree to post as gift & I got away without paying the vat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ndubz

Yeah, the RANDOM use of caps combined with irrelevant DETAILS about lawsuits AND informal, yet well crafted, RECOMMENDATIONS makes it a bit obvious. If ya know what I mean.

Im a journalism/pr student, its in me nature, lol. I acctually don't care, didn't know they'd stopped doing that, but i think they sell good stuff and ya usually get a load of real polo ralph lauren stuff cheap. Just given real advice with real info guys, no need to attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dmck

AE shipping $50 is a joke.

I ordered some stuff last week, shipping went down to 7$ when i went to checkout, i thought it would not ship but got the "package shipped" email last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Double check your invoice, I seen the 7 dollar thing but its actually 50 dollars postage when you get the email confirmation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dmck

Kingkong wrote: »
    Double check your invoice, I seen the 7 dollar thing but its actually 50 dollars postage when you get the email confirmation

I knew it was too good to be true, still haven’t got a confirmation from them but I noticed the money hasn’t left my account yet so i suspect it will follow shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭djdunny

does anyone know if its possible to get stuff delivered to a hotel in the states.

Im going over to vegas in november and was thinking that if i order my stuff online and have it delivered to the hotel im staying at and then bring it home with me.

removing all the tags of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

djdunny wrote: »
    does anyone know if its possible to get stuff delivered to a hotel in the states.

Im going over to vegas in november and was thinking that if i order my stuff online and have it delivered to the hotel im staying at and then bring it home with me.

removing all the tags of course :)

Surely there is an actual AE shop in Las Vegas where you could just buy the stuff yourself and cut out all the messing?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anthonymax

There is an American Eagle in Las Vegas,in the outdoors shopping mall,sorry can't remember the name of it,think it's the only outdoors mall in Las Vegas though. If I remember correctly it's beside or close to the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

For anybody that may be interested, I found an active discount code that gave me 20% off my total order..

Happy shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

20% off - 34786903 - Only valid for today (14/11/10)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

dotsman wrote: »
    20% off - 34786903 - Only valid for today (14/11/10)

Sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This Saturday & Sunday only! Take 20% off your online order exclusively at AE.com with code 74711795

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭shano_88

What are the sizes like? same as ireland?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

shano_88 wrote: »
    What are the sizes like? same as ireland?

Ye, I find them ok. Their sizing guide on the site is quite good. They do large and large tall etc on shirts and similar.

As always though, have to prepare for customs. And they will base the duty on full prices and not sale prices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭shano_88

What % is the duty?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What % is the duty?

I cant remember, but it can be fairly pricey. An order of maybe $150 could cost you an extra €50 when the postie arrives (roughly)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

What % is the duty?

It's 21% plus a handling charge (up to €12 I think), but as Davy said, that 21% will be on the original cost of the goods, before any deals or discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Sorry but does anyone know if their jeans have a wide leg?

• Advertisement

Have customs gotten very strict? I have never been caught *touches wood* My housemate got a letter from customs today (package was coming from singapore).
    It says custom charges are charged on goods valued over 22 euro purchased outside the EU and sent to Ireland by post.
    the charges consist of
    Customs Duty (where applicable)
    21% Vat
    Post office handling fee of 6 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Mc Love wrote: »
    Have customs gotten very strict? I have never been caught *touches wood* My housemate got a letter from customs today (package was coming from singapore).
    It says custom charges are charged on goods valued over 22 euro purchased outside the EU and sent to Ireland by post.
    the charges consist of
    Customs Duty (where applicable)
    21% Vat
    Post office handling fee of 6 euro

Not sure whether they ramp it up coming up to Christmas or whether your parcel is more likely to slip through due to sheer volume?

I tend to not order expensive stuff from outside EU as with customs it's not that much cheaper normally and returns are harder too.

One of two:
    Take 25% off + Free Shipping Tomorrow Only! (lifted from facebook)

Two of two:
    20% off Nov25th-29th

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Mc Love wrote: »
    One of two:
    Take 25% off + Free Shipping Tomorrow Only! (lifted from facebook)

Wonder if free shipping applies to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

jimogr wrote: »
    Wonder if free shipping applies to Ireland?

Never does. Always US and Can.

Still 25% off is pretty good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Any idea how long it usually takes to ship to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

How much is delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

johnn wrote: »
    Any idea how long it usually takes to ship to Ireland?

Usually around 7 days.
    Carroller wrote: »
    How much is delivery?

$50, which is a bit steep. But depending on what you are buying, and the promo code you use, it can still be well worth it.

Order placed. Fingers crossed the lads in customs don't sting it.

• Advertisement

Charlie wrote: »
    Usually around 7 days.

$50, which is a bit steep. But depending on what you are buying, and the promo code you use, it can still be well worth it.

Order placed. Fingers crossed the lads in customs don't sting it.

Same here - sometimes its quicker they deliver

Advertisement