Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Wertz wrote: »
    For those calculating VAT/duty don't forget that the cost of the postage is liable for it too, not just the value of the actual order.
    So in calculations, take the value of the clothes + cost of delviery then add 23-25% (VAT/duty/handling fee)

So the the P&P is included when calculating VAT?

I thought it was:

Merchandise Value (original price, not discount) = 21% of this
    +
    Delivery Price ($50)
    +
    12euro handling charge?

Sorry guys, this can get somewhat confusing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Well unless An Post/Revenue have chnaged the policy since I got stuff from AE last christmas then yes.
    I wasn't charged for the full rate of the clothing without the discounts....AFAIR I was charged VAT (21%) and duty (%?) on the invoice total (5-6 items of clothing at discount price where applicable) PLUS the $30 shipping.
    So say the clothes came to 150, then the 30 quid postage...I was charged 21% of the 180 plus duty and handling fee (€8 at the time I think).
    For AE's flat rate fee, that's an extra $10.50 in VAT on the shipping alone, not a huge amount...something to consider.
    I feel it is doen this way to discourage private buyers from importing from outside the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Got charged 36.87 for customs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Mc Love wrote: »
    Got charged 36.87 for customs

Would you mind saying how much your order was?

Mine left the US yesterday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Yeow. Customs missed my $200+ order again :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 geraldine_k

Parcel arrived...missed by customs!Yah!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

consultech wrote: »
    Yeow. Customs missed my $200+ order again :p
    Parcel arrived...missed by customs!Yah!:D

tax-dodgers! It's all your fault the country is the way it is:D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Same here - didn't get done for Tax and it arrived today!.... maybe they were having a bad day!???

PaulKK wrote: »
    Would you mind saying how much your order was?

Mine left the US yesterday evening.

Mine came in a box and with delivery it was $248 dollars

Sickened other folk didnt get charged, will i ring up and say I want my 36 euro back?

I suppose I have a lot to be thankful for as it was only the first time I was caught

• Registered Users Posts: 24 geraldine_k

€36 on an order for $248 is actually not too bad...somehow i thought it would be more..

• Advertisement

Sickened other folk didnt get charged, will i ring up and say I want my 36 euro back?

I suppose I have a lot to be thankful for as it was only the first time I was caught

Cool thanks, mine was $208 incl delivery, I'll be happy enough if its a similar charge to yours, thought it might be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

code for 25% off: 69875041. Not sure how long it is vaild for. got it by trying to log on to track my order:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

You should try that yeah. Let us know how you got on...

Not into the whole being happy for other people buzz, no? Try putting some good vibes out, you'd be surprised what you get back...

TBH we're all gettin screwed IMO. The quality of the clothes is pi$$ poor by comparison these days; So much better a year+ ago. While the clothes are fine, I'm still a little disappointed in comparison to the quality of orders I've gotten in the past.

You should try that yeah. Let us know how you got on...

Yeah they said no problem - they are currently transferring the funds to my seychelles account :cool:
    Not into the whole being happy for other people buzz, no? Try putting some good vibes out, you'd be surprised what you get back...

No - too much effort. :eek:
    TBH we're all gettin screwed IMO. The quality of the clothes is pi$$ poor by comparison these days; So much better a year+ ago. While the clothes are fine, I'm still a little disappointed in comparison to the quality of orders I've gotten in the past.

I havent noticed anything wrong with the quality of the clothes or orders :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

code for 25% off: 69875041. Not sure how long it is vaild for. got it by trying to log on to track my order:p

Just putting a juicy enough order together here coming to over $300 and after entering that code a red box appears saying only valid Dec 7 - 9, yet it doesn't take any discount off? :confused:

Anyone know any other codes? Would love to get an order in tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dmck

Fizman wrote: »
    Just putting a juicy enough order together here coming to over $300 and after entering that code a red box appears saying only valid Dec 7 - 9, yet it doesn't take any discount off? :confused:

Anyone know any other codes? Would love to get an order in tonight.

http://www.dealigg.com/story-American-Eagle-Coupon-Code-Promotions

http://www.promotioncode.org/AmericanEagleOutfitters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

This thread really is pretty old! Just in relation to what was discussed some time back, I've noticed on my latest delivery that they only declared the discounted value of the goods and not the full value?

Has anybody else notice this? If so,
    a) it's about time; and
    b) it might be why less people are getting screwed by customs recently.

I didn't get stung by customs this time. AE declared the value at just under €100 (which is what I paid) as opposed to the €150 approx they originally cost prior to discounts and special offers (which is what they previously would have declared).

Just to update, I received my order today, it got held in customs Thursday and released Friday.

The order total including delivery was $208 (€160).

The invoice on the box had the price I paid for the items on with no mention of postage so totaled at $158.

I was charged €24.37 customs and €6 an post handling fee.

Hope that answers some questions for anyone wondering about procedures!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Hi, im thinking of placing an order here and im here I usually buy a medium in any tops i get. It does be a little tight but if I buy a large it does be to baggy. How do these clothes fit, will medium be okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

m.j.w wrote: »
    Hi, im thinking of placing an order here and im here I usually buy a medium in any tops i get. It does be a little tight but if I buy a large it does be to baggy. How do these clothes fit, will medium be okay?
    I have noticed that a Size Small on websites like M&MDirect are Extra Small on AE, so you may have to go a size down. Now I haven't bought anything on AE, Im basing that on their size chart, but I have bought stuff on M&M.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

m.j.w wrote: »

Ya medium will be plenty big

Do AE offer any "January Sale" of some sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Any current codes around?

Any current codes around?
    12432896 gives you 20% off.

36488933 gives you 15%.

Dman001 wrote: »
    12432896 gives you 20% off.

36488933 gives you 15%.
    Just wondering how often they give out these codes? Have a big order that I need to make in the next day or two but did a Google search for a code and they all expired on 25/12

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Gaolcon

online code: 29118414 not working

Have tried about 10 that are valid until 31/12 according to the sites i found them on but none work it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 28 emmeim

Did anyone order over Christmas? My order left the US on 31 Dec but no sign of it and tracking hasn't been updated.

From the last time I ordered I think it took about a week but tracking was updated every day. Wondering is anyone else experiencing delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

I put in an order on the 10th dec and got it on the 22nd. Got away with customs to

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

how much was the order ??

k

Advertisement