Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

15% off Code Below - Working as of 08/03/11 . Expected Expiry Date - 09/01/11

Cheers just used that code to order a few t-shirts.

Sent it to my mate in America. He's coming home in a few weeks so saved a load on shipping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

Just a quick question.

If I were to order some clothes from here and use the new 40% discount.

Do I pay duty on the cost of the clothes before or after the discount?

Thanks.

40% off until Monday

Code: 28678011

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

it will be on the full cost before discounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

As it's almost always preferable to pay in the local currency, I chose the following

Currency: US Dollars

Ship to: Ireland

The shopping cart / basket however is then displaying totals with a pound sterling sign £.

Anyone any idea whether thats merely a glitch?

Obviously don't want to be charged STG.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

I have a forwarding contact in the US who forwards packages from AE, Brooks Brothers, Hollister.

Have never once been caught for customs.

If you get free domestic shipping from AE it works out pretty much the same cost as the $50 you would pay AE for international shipping with the added bonus of being confident that you wont get nailed for customs and VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 stowney27

Have any of you had any problems with your order?

mine was pulled for being fraudulent and now they want copies of bank statements and driving license,

i think its because the postcode doesn't match up with my address from the bank

any advice on how to avoid this happening again?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

j14 wrote: »
    Just a quick question.

If I were to order some clothes from here and use the new 40% discount.

Do I pay duty on the cost of the clothes before or after the discount?

Thanks.

40% off until Monday

Code: 28678011

Duty if collected by the carrier ( ups/ fedex etc) should be worked out on the value that you paid which would include the delivery costs. Some companies are now including duty and taxes into the price you pay at checkout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stowney27

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I rang them but they were so unhelpful, the woman just told me it was my banks fault (ptsb)

I've tried reordering now so hopefully it works because that 40% discount is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Very tempted to order a load of clothes off them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

can send this to a mate in canada,and get free shipping if i spend over 100$,thing is if i use my paypal account and put down a differnet delevery address will my account get blocked for not using my orginal address?Also how much ballpark would it be to send from america to ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just ordered 6 items last nite. Am i more likely now to get charged for customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Anyone know if you can spend a certain amount with getting hit by customs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I have ordered twice , got stung once , second time two months back didn't :-) , I've ordered again about $200worth of gear , I reckon I'm going to get stung :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

40% off with this code:

Stock and sizes are brutal though. They must be clearing for new stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

yeah they must be, I have also noticed the £ sign showing for total instead of the $ sign which shows for all the prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

I thought there were plenty of sizes but even with the 40% off, paying €35 delivery and then possible duty on arrival to Dublin makes them pretty expensive. I dont think they're particularly worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Mc Love wrote: »
    yeah they must be, I have also noticed the £ sign showing for total instead of the $ sign which shows for all the prices
    You can change your currency at the top of the page.
    I thought there were plenty of sizes but even with the 40% off, paying €35 delivery and then possible duty on arrival to Dublin makes them pretty expensive. I dont think they're particularly worth the money.
    If you put in a big order, it can be worth it. But delivery can make it hard to justify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Dman001 wrote: »
    You can change your currency at the top of the page.

If you put in a big order, it can be worth it. But delivery can make it hard to justify.

My mouse kept clicking on continue :o so i've just bought 5 shirts (2 male nd 2 female) for about €105 incl. shopping. Would be great if i escaped duty but even if I am done it would only be €105 x 21% wouldnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

newbie! wrote: »
    My mouse kept clicking on continue :o so i've just bought 5 shirts (2 male nd 2 female) for about €105 incl. shopping. Would be great if i escaped duty but even if I am done it would only be €105 x 21% wouldnt it?

Yea was wondering the same,its the price on the package so here hoping!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Just ordered there yesterday, it's hard to resist that 40% discount. Though of course the shipping is €35, so you have to ask yourself is it worth it.

It's a risk each time, whether or not you will be charged the customs fee. I'm risking it anyway.

There was a small amount of new stock on the site, so it was good to get 40% off that.

Does anyone know when this 40% discount expires?

Just ordered there yesterday, it's hard to resist that 40% discount. Though of course the shipping is €35, so you have to ask yourself is it worth it.

It's a risk each time, whether or not you will be charged the customs fee. I'm risking it anyway.

There was a small amount of new stock on the site, so it was good to get 40% off that.

Does anyone know when this 40% discount expires?

Today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

I missed delivery for my order today but DHL left a slip in the letterbox saying that I owe 40 quid for customs.This is my second time ordering and I didn't get stung the first.I guess I'll be a bit more cautious next time about how much I order.Seemingly it's quite hit and miss whether you get stung or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

My order is been shipped tomorrow , as today is a holiday in America. wonder will i get by Friday :-P

El_Drago wrote: »
    I missed delivery for my order today but DHL left a slip in the letterbox saying that I owe 40 quid for customs.This is my second time ordering and I didn't get stung the first.I guess I'll be a bit more cautious next time about how much I order.Seemingly it's quite hit and miss whether you get stung or not.

So is that 21.5% vat ya?

Just wondering how much it'll cost me if I have to pay.

Hope I avoid customs. Would save me a fair few bucks as I put in quite a large order.

tok9 wrote: »
    So is that 21.5% vat ya?

Just wondering how much it'll cost me if I have to pay.

my order came to $222 (approx eur160) including shipping.I was charged 43 yoyos for VAT and customs charges.The customs charge is only applied once the value exceeds eur150.

From citizensinformation.ie:
    If your online purchase costs more than €22 you will have to pay VAT. If your online purchase costs more than €150 you will have to pay VAT and Customs Duty. This will be collected by the company that delivers your parcel. The company usually have an administration charge. Methods of delivery and collection differ from company to company, so you should contact them directly for more information.

The thing is that I think AE include the shipping price (eur34) as part of the declared value on the package.I'll have a look to see if that's the case when I receive the package tomorrow.If that is the case,I'll get onto the revenue about that and see what they say about getting a customs duty (12% of the total declared value) refund seeing as the actual items amounted to less than eur150.

El_Drago wrote: »
    my order came to $222 (approx eur160) including shipping.I was charged 43 yoyos for VAT and customs charges.The customs charge is only applied once the value exceeds eur150.
    Ah fook!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If you take away the 50 dollar delivery charge my order comes in under 150. I know customs probably wont see it that way.

How do people get away with it by sending the items to their mates in the US and then sending it on to Ireland? Do they take the clothes out and pack them in a different pack?

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    If you take away the 50 dollar delivery charge my order comes in under 150. I know customs probably wont see it that way.

How do people get away with it by sending the items to their mates in the US and then sending it on to Ireland? Do they take the clothes out and pack them in a different pack?

Declare as gift = sorted!
    They also tend to do free shipping within the states.

Advertisement