Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options

Comments

Does anybody know what the maximum amount before customs is for buying from the uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 emmeim

ignore my earlier query about lenght of time - it arrived into the country yesterday and according to tracking it's on route to me now. hopefully i've escaped customs - order was for $79.99 plus the $50 postage (which is a rip off :mad:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

emmeim wrote: »
    ignore my earlier query about lenght of time - it arrived into the country yesterday and according to tracking it's on route to me now. hopefully i've escaped customs - order was for $79.99 plus the $50 postage (which is a rip off :mad:)

If its a rip off why buy it?

Is there any promo codes going these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Does anybody know what the maximum amount before customs is for buying from the uk?

Shouldnt be any issues when buying from the UK since it is in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭MarkN

Just back from New York and most stuff in AE was buy one get the same or less for half price so now would be a good time to buy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

karltimber wrote: »
    how much was the order ??

k

my order including shipping came to 230 dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I have a $10 discount code valid when you spend over $35 that expires tomorrow. PM me if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone have any discount codes going?

10025440173188754687 should take off 15%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Any discount codes going lads? Looking to put in a big order over the next day or so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

49204021 - 15% off

update - 20% off 43588571 :)

Just ordered 11 tops - t-shirts, polos and boxers
    200$ - euro138 - for great quality gear that fits well.
    went looking for nice good quality polos during week and most are just crap quality.

will update on customs

K

AE is great for cheap, decent clothes. When ordered in bulk it ends up cheaper than the equivalent (Jack Jones?) here, even if you are hit by customs. I see they have implemented Euro prices too which is handy, but thankfully they still allow you to pay in USD and haven't made up their own Euro conversion rates (ala Play). Pity about the high shipping rates though.

My package is in Irish cutoms so will see mon/tues.

Saw that Old Navy have started to ship internationaly too.

If you thought $50 was bad - have a look there - for about 7 items - it was €57 shipping :eek:

so no Old Navy orders - and told them that too - when you cancel an order - a popup window comes up asking why - so put in "expensive shipping" - and they might get the drift.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

My package is in Irish cutoms so will see mon/tues.

Saw that Old Navy have started to ship internationaly too.

If you thought $50 was bad - have a look there - for about 7 items - it was €57 shipping :eek:

so no Old Navy orders - and told them that too - when you cancel an order - a popup window comes up asking why - so put in "expensive shipping" - and they might get the drift.

K

I think old navy prepay the customs and duty which is why the shipping is so expensive.

Parcel arrived today

order - $150
    shipping $50
    - works out at euro150 odd on credit card
    and customs of euro27 today

so overall very pleased for about 5 polo tops, 4 t-shirts and some boxers.
    Good quality stuff too.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Parcel arrived today

order - $150
    shipping $50
    - works out at euro150 odd on credit card
    and customs of euro27 today

so overall very pleased for about 5 polo tops, 4 t-shirts and some boxers.
    Good quality stuff too.

K

You got away well on customs? - On that much of an order would have thought it would have been far higher. Do the Fedex/UPS guys only charge whats "actually" due as opposed to An Post who make it up + 50%

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You got away well on customs? - On that much of an order would have thought it would have been far higher. Do the Fedex/UPS guys only charge whats "actually" due as opposed to An Post who make it up + 50%

They base it on the price paid now, as before they based it on the non-sale price. So if you have a 20% off code, you paid the duty on the full price. This has changed in the past few months. Makes a nice difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Davy wrote: »
    They base it on the price paid now, as before they based it on the non-sale price. So if you have a 20% off code, you paid the duty on the full price. This has changed in the past few months. Makes a nice difference

Thanks, good to know. Do AE actually now put the paid price on the package or do we actually get to negotiate before a figure is set by customs?

I had a package from Dealextreme few weeks back and they sent me a letter looking for my paypal receipt etc - was able to show them that it went thru on my bank statement for €21.90ish... so they had to release it. When I got the package DE had marked it as USD$14 so either its total random or they don't trust DE!

Was well pleased alright.
    I didn't know the charges or how AE show them had changed.

Euro6 of the e27 was an An Post admin charge :confused:
    It's not fedex/ups anymore either - it's shipped by USPS.
    So i'd say sub 150$ total orders may get away free of customs.
    But at euro27 for a $200 order (euro150) - 27 is ok.

Keep the discount codes coming :D

K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I used to order a nice bit of stuff from AE but haven't in a few years since they moved away from USPS and standardised the shipping prices. So if as it seems it's true that they've moved back to USPS that's good news.

This is a little OT but I'm living in the UK now. Does anyone have any experience with ordering from AE to the UK? In terms of what levels of customs charges are payable? I used to be pretty up on the customs regulations in Ireland, but since I moved here I'm a bit lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

abelard wrote: »
    I used to order a nice bit of stuff from AE but haven't in a few years since they moved away from USPS and standardised the shipping prices. So if as it seems it's true that they've moved back to USPS that's good news.

This is a little OT but I'm living in the UK now. Does anyone have any experience with ordering from AE to the UK? In terms of what levels of customs charges are payable? I used to be pretty up on the customs regulations in Ireland, but since I moved here I'm a bit lost.

www.dutycalculator.com

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Francesco10

Anyone used the site lately? I notice all prices are now give in Euro and shipping is calculated different. Any idea what that's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

shipping still reverts to $50 when you go to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

any more discount codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

39438611 for 20% off. Was working yesterday (but might have been for 1 day only)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

dotsman wrote: »
    39438611 for 20% off. Was working yesterday (but might have been for 1 day only)

looks like it was a 1 day code.

Dammit!

Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

15% off Code Below - Working as of 08/03/11 . Expected Expiry Date - 09/01/11

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Thanks a lot for that code, it worked OK.

I love the AE stuff, I have loads of it from trips to the States. This is the first time I've ordered online, so I'm looking forward to the delivery.

I just noticed now that it says free shipping on orders over $100.

The Free Shipping offers only apply to US customers. I've yet to see a Free Shipping offer that applies here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Thanks a lot for that code. I ordered on the 5th August & the stuff arrived on the 12th August.

I didn't have to pay any customs. Though the shipping was about $52. Pricewise, it still wasn't bad, and I love the clothes!

Advertisement