Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Tigeress, it might be no harm ringing your GP to discuss, I know after my mc they told me if I had any erratic bleeding to contact them to be on the safe side.

Did you have a D&C or a natural mc? I had a natural one & they told me if there was any unusually heavy/intermittent bleeding afterwards that a D&C may be required.
    Did you do a pregnancy test after the mc & did it come up negative?

(Sorry for the 101 questions :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Tigeress, it might be no harm ringing your GP to discuss, I know after my mc they told me if I had any erratic bleeding to contact them to be on the safe side.

Did you have a D&C or a natural mc? I had a natural one & they told me if there was any unusually heavy/intermittent bleeding afterwards that a D&C may be required.
    Did you do a pregnancy test after the mc & did it come up negative

I had my mc months ago :( i would have been due our baby this week.. I lost naturally, the doc told me it can take up to a year for all the brown to go so I'm not so worried about that but I am with the bleeding! It's not very heavy and not all day.. I'm gonna go the Doc tomorrow if it doesn't stop! I havent taken a test cause I got my period but don't know if I should??

Any suggestions?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

*Clocks in for Two Week Wait*

Tigeress, I would test, even if its just to confirm what you already know. Its no harm discussing it with your GP too, especially if it puts your mind at ease. No point in having it on your mind.

Lucyfur and Galah, how are you guys getting on? Have been hoping you get your good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Neyite wrote: »
    *Clocks in for Two Week Wait*

Tigeress, I would test, even if its just to confirm what you already know. Its no harm discussing it with your GP too, especially if it puts your mind at ease. No point in having it on your mind.

Lucyfur and Galah, how are you guys getting on? Have been hoping you get your good news.

Fingers crossed for you Neyite:D

I don't want to be insensitive but this thread has been such a mine of support and information for me. I hope no one minds me posting my good news.............I got my positive today. I want to say a huge thank you to everyone here. You're such a lovely bunch of people:D

xxxxxx

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucyfur,

I am so delighted for you :D Its not insensitive, I dont think, to share your good news with the rest of us here. To me, it gives me hope that it will be my turn someday. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, big big congrats!

I walked to the bus today, and I must have see about 10 -15 baby bumps in as many minutes. Recession baby boom perhaps.

• Advertisement

Thank you:D Am rather chuffed:D Going to try not to think about the bad things. I really want to enjoy this. I'd love to tell my son, he'll be so excited, but it's way too soon. 9 months to a 9 year old may as well be 9 decades:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

CONGRATULATIONS LUCYFUR!!!!!!!! Absolutely delighted for you!!! The very best of luck with your pregnancy, I hope all goes well x

Tigeress, I'm really sorry I thought your loss was recent so advice I gave you was feck all use.
    I agree with Neyite, might be no harm testing anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

how common would a false negative be 2days before af is due?

had my monthlys 16th feb, didnt get my ovulation cramp i always get which should have happened around 4th march, got cramping on the 13th march (maybe implantation?) tested the 16th of march defo negative.

due period today?

talkin wrote: »

had my monthlys 16th feb, didnt get my ovulation cramp i always get which should have happened around 4th march, got cramping on the 13th march (maybe implantation?) tested the 16th of march defo negative.

due period today?

I'd say hold off for another day or two and then test again. Best of luck:D

iv never been pregnant before so i dont know what to expect! its very strange for me to not get my ovulation cramp-i always get it im like clock work :) i mite have just ovulated late.

• Advertisement

I find, since actively trying to conceive, I'm so hyper sensitive to everything going on in my body. You may well have ovulated late, just give yourself another day or two and test again. Try not to be upset if you're not-think of it as the start of a new month of trying:)

have been trying for so long at this stage well long for me must be a year at this stage well maybe 2or three months of that was not trying not to get pregnant if you know what i mean. my OH says im wishing it too much and that i should just relax. iv had four friends accidently fall pregnant in the last year. i wont believe it untill i get a positve result cuz other months i convince myself i am and i do be so wrong obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for you Neyite:D

I don't want to be insensitive but this thread has been such a mine of support and information for me. I hope no one minds me posting my good news.............I got my positive today. I want to say a huge thank you to everyone here. You're such a lovely bunch of people:D

xxxxxx

YAY! \O/

what is your due date?

Ecstatic for you!!! :D

YAY! \O/

what is your due date?

Ecstatic for you!!! :D

Thank you:D I'm due the 21st November, all going well:D

How are you getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

@ Lucyfur: That makes two of us ;-)

have been trying for so many months now that i have lost count! this month was different though, i always-i mean always have gotten ovulation cramp-im so regular too one or two days out at the most, this month i didnt get my ov cramp. i kinda thought i got it last night but it seems too late af is due in five days. no fertile cm either now. the cramp was in my right side last night and right now its kinda crampy but strange crampy more on the left but all over really.

i got af spotting on feb14th it stopped than got af on 16th to 18th should be due af on 18th of march from 27th to5th was my fertile time according to my calender but i never got my cramp-till last night! very strange.

i have no sore breast and id normally have sore breasts the week before af. woke up with a killer headache today hangover type but i wasnt drinking! :(

could i just be ovualting this late?

due period today?

should i wait for 14/15 days after the cramp on the 13th to see if i get my period. has anybody gotten late ovulation cramp when there always regular, or has anybody experianced implantation cramping.?

galah wrote: »

:D:D:D:D Congrats!!!!:D:D:D:D

Sticky dust to everyone:D

due period today?

should i wait for 14/15 days after the cramp on the 13th to see if i get my period. has anybody gotten late ovulation cramp when there always regular, or has anybody experianced implantation cramping.?

I was CONVINCED I didn't ovulated in Feb. Then, I was sure I wasn't pregnant, as the days before my period was due, I was like a bear with a sore head, eating everything is sight, while randomly shouting at my lovely OH. That's exactly what I'm like when I'm due, so, although I wanted to be pregnant, I really didn't think this month was our month.

I didn't get my positive until after my period was due. I know it's frustrating but if you can, hold out a few more days before testing. If you can't wait, go get a test and test with your first sample in the morning:)

galah wrote: »

Galah - thats great news - thats 3 ttc ladies this week getting great news. May the good luck continue !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Hi

Make that 4 :)
    I have only posted once on this forum a few weeks ago, but I had been following everyones stories prior to that. It seems St. Patricks week is proving lucky - fingers crossed for everyone! All the best

• Advertisement

Cunning, Big Congats to you too! hopefully the rest of us wont be long following you guys over to the pregnancy thread :)

OMG All the preggo news, i'm over the moon for you all!! :D

Lucyfur, I'm doing fine. I'm 7 weeks today. Getting my first scan on Monday. Fingers crossed, it's at 4pm. ETA: we'll be due the same month. I'm Nov 7th (or thereabouts!)

Talkin, a false negative at 2 days before your period is due is a real possibility. Something to bear in mind: if you are still getting negatives 12 days after ovulation then your chances of a positive after that begin to reduce. Having said that some people don't get positives til after their period due date. Also, A lot depends on the circumstances when testing, e.g. how diluted your urine is (it should be very concentrated for early testing), the kit you are using (some tests are good to use before your period, some aren't), your HCG levels (pregnancy hormone), Some people produce it quicker than others after implantation. Try and wait til you miss your period and test again. good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Congratualtions to you all with your utterly fantastic news. And to you detective, you were so supportive when i was on this thread first - I only just checked in and i have to say i am so so delighted for you. Biggest hugs ever to you x.x.x.x

May79 wrote: »
    Congratualtions to you all with your utterly fantastic news. And to you detective, you were so supportive when i was on this thread first - I only just checked in and i have to say i am so so delighted for you. Biggest hugs ever to you x.x.x.x

thanks May! I'm cautiously optimistic - have been spotting for 12 days now but it's very light, no blood (just brown gunk) and no cramping, so it's been hard trying to shake negative thoughts. I've been browsing online for lots of baby stuff so that's made it a bit more real. Once I see that heartbeat on Monday I'll rest a bit easier I think (I've decide not to visit the pregnancy board til I see the HB, stupid I know....)
    How is you pregnancy going - you must be due soon, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

thanks May! I'm cautiously optimistic - have been spotting for 12 days now but it's very light, no blood (just brown gunk) and no cramping, so it's been hard trying to shake negative thoughts. I've been browsing online for lots of baby stuff so that's made it a bit more real. Once I see that heartbeat on Monday I'll rest a bit easier I think (I've decide not to visit the pregnancy board til I see the HB, stupid I know....)
    How is you pregnancy going - you must be due soon, right?

Caution is good but don't forget to relax and try to enjoy it a little too. I had a small bit of spotting but not for very long. I had my first scan at 5 weeks to make sure it wasn't ectopic and then at 9 weeks and we could see a bean with a heart beat. Unbelievable. I would be inclined to agree that your dad could have a hand in this wonderful news too... Rollercoaster is also a great forum. I found it better nearly for tidbits of advice. I got a great book, what to expect.... and it gives lots of little bits of info that you don't think applies but it does - such as congested nose! I was amazed at that one. I thought i was constantly on the verge of a flu haha.
    I am due in 3 weeks - 11th April. My mother went over with 5 of us so i had it on my head it won't be until closer tot he end of April, however the consultant says she doesn't think she will allow me to go over so i'm not sure when i'll go. Unless i go on time myself!! fingers crossed anyway. When is your scan? I hope ot goes well for you but if you don't see a HB yet you will on the next one - sometimes 7 weeks can be a little too early. roll on 12, then14 weeks. You really won't relax until to get that far - i know i didn't. Then constant worry and checking and watching the belly grow and grow until now at this stage i wish i had the baby in my arms. I can't tell you how happy i am for you. Your advice to me was invaluable 9 months+ ago. I thank goodness the clomid worked for you. You really really deserve it. x.x.x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 spingler

Tol the ladies with the positive news, congrats to all, wow ye must be so chuffed and in disbelief, the very best of luck for the nine months ahead, hope everyone has a trouble free happy pregnancy..please send positve vibes us ladies in waiting xx

im in a bit of a corner at the moment, very stressed at work and i know it aint helping, its funny from when i started this,work got a whole lot more stressful... i took a cert recently for work related stress, two weeks, i am on the ti treatment and found a situation at work to be extremely stressful and was advised that the treatment will not work if im exposed to these high levels of stess, but i cant just leave work, there are no other jobs and we need to pay for the treatment and to add to it management want to meet me next week to discuss "how i am now" and possibly what is stressing me:confused::confused::confused: im so nervous about it and cant stop fretting about having to justify my stress. somtimes the whole lot seems to be just to much to handle... my mother in law is ill to so im finding life a we bit overwhelming :(

i so want to have a focus other than worry, the worry of life and pressure is drwning me at the mo and i am so tired.... i sound serioisly depressing but i guess this is what this thread is for, these are my thots. Im on day 11 and had a break through bleed today? no sign of ovulation. i would love a miracle, keep sprinkling the baby dust xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

spingler wrote: »
    Tol the ladies with the positive news, congrats to all, wow ye must be so chuffed and in disbelief, the very best of luck for the nine months ahead, hope everyone has a trouble free happy pregnancy..please send positve vibes us ladies in waiting xx

im in a bit of a corner at the moment, very stressed at work and i know it aint helping, its funny from when i started this,work got a whole lot more stressful... i took a cert recently for work related stress, two weeks, i am on the ti treatment and found a situation at work to be extremely stressful and was advised that the treatment will not work if im exposed to these high levels of stess, but i cant just leave work, there are no other jobs and we need to pay for the treatment and to add to it management want to meet me next week to discuss "how i am now" and possibly what is stressing me:confused::confused::confused: im so nervous about it and cant stop fretting about having to justify my stress. somtimes the whole lot seems to be just to much to handle... my mother in law is ill to so im finding life a we bit overwhelming :(

i so want to have a focus other than worry, the worry of life and pressure is drwning me at the mo and i am so tired.... i sound serioisly depressing but i guess this is what this thread is for, these are my thots. Im on day 11 and had a break through bleed today? no sign of ovulation. i would love a miracle, keep sprinkling the baby dust xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't know what to say......be upfront with work maybe? Do they know you're TTC? Praying for your little miracle, big hugs to you xx

Hi Spingler, my heart goes out to you it really does, stress can be so debilitating.

I am no HR expert but I am management where I work (large company) and we deal with people who suffer from stress quite regularly. Usually it's home-life stress (relationships, debt issues, parent with cancer etc.) and other times it's clinical depression (we had a poor guy who just couldn't get out of bed in the morning he was so depressed, but he had no environmental 'issues' going on if you know what I mean).
    It really does depend on your company in terms of how they view and deal with stress. If I were you I would print off (or get a copy of) the sick leave/absence policy for your company and become very familiar with what you're entitled to. The 'meeting' that is taking place is something that has to happen. Your company have a duty of care to you and have probably been advised by HR to establish if your stress is work-related, as if it is they would have to move you out of the role you're in. I'll be honest, they may also try to establish if your situation is legitimate or not, as unfortunately so many people use stress as a means to be off work sick, and rightly or wrongly this hasn't done legitimate stress/depression sufferers any favours at all.

I would be totally up front with them if I were you, and if you feel you need a colleague with you for support in the meeting you should be able to bring one (try and found out how many management will be at the meeting. If there are two then bring a colleague, as 2 to 2 will be less stressful on you than 2 to 1). Tell them what triggers your stress and what coping mechanisms you have in place to deal with them. Tell them the factors in your job that you love and want to do more of - genuinely your stress could be because you are in the wrong role for you (e.g. a stressful sales role). Tell them also about any factors in work that you think may be contributing to your stress e.g. doing a job that you didn't get full training on, targets too high etc. Also, if your stress is totally non work-related you might need to share information re what's going on with you personally. You don't need to tell them everything, but enough to demonstrate your case.

I don't mean to make assumptions that you are an Office worker, am just drawing examples from my own workplace ;)

I hope it all works out, and if you ever need a chat about how you're feeling PM me. :)

May79 wrote: »
    Caution is good but don't forget to relax and try to enjoy it a little too. I had a small bit of spotting but not for very long. I had my first scan at 5 weeks to make sure it wasn't ectopic and then at 9 weeks and we could see a bean with a heart beat. Unbelievable. I would be inclined to agree that your dad could have a hand in this wonderful news too... Rollercoaster is also a great forum. I found it better nearly for tidbits of advice. I got a great book, what to expect.... and it gives lots of little bits of info that you don't think applies but it does - such as congested nose! I was amazed at that one. I thought i was constantly on the verge of a flu haha.
    I am due in 3 weeks - 11th April. My mother went over with 5 of us so i had it on my head it won't be until closer tot he end of April, however the consultant says she doesn't think she will allow me to go over so i'm not sure when i'll go. Unless i go on time myself!! fingers crossed anyway. When is your scan? I hope ot goes well for you but if you don't see a HB yet you will on the next one - sometimes 7 weeks can be a little too early. roll on 12, then14 weeks. You really won't relax until to get that far - i know i didn't. Then constant worry and checking and watching the belly grow and grow until now at this stage i wish i had the baby in my arms. I can't tell you how happy i am for you. Your advice to me was invaluable 9 months+ ago. I thank goodness the clomid worked for you. You really really deserve it. x.x.x

no problem at all, glad I could help. How fitting now that you are giving me pg advice, yay!

I really can't wait to get the scan done tomorrow, I know I'm going to be a nervous wreck and I KNOW there will be tears, hopefully of joy. I was led to believe by the hospital they they will deffo see (not hear) the heartbeat as it starts beating around Week 5 (initially I wanted to go in at Week 8 but they pushed for Week 7 and said they'd deffo see it, I hope they do).

I was on Rollercoaster a couple of times, but I still find FertilityFriend to be the best site ever re conception and pregnancy. On that site I've moved to the Pregnancy side but still keep in touch with my Trying to Conceive buddy group (of course they all got pg long ago and have had their babies but we all still chat in our buddy thread regularly!). There's even some Irish Mammies on the preggo board, and there's a whole forum dedicated to 'Ladies due in November 2011', 'First Baby', 'Babies in Your Thirties', 'Clomid Babies' and lots more - it's bloody great!

I really need to avoid information overload though, I read up on WAY too much stuff.
    Speaking of which (!) I learned of a new thing last night that I think I may have - it's called 'friable cervix', and it means that your cervix is prone to bleeding because of the extra volume of blood in your body, and because the palcenta can be close to the cervix and if it's engorged it could release a few spots of fresh blood. I genuinely think this is my issue so when I go to my GP next week for my H1N1 shot I'll mention it to her.
    Basically all my spotting has been brown. Yesterday it was no different, brown and dark. However, a few hours later, I had a strained bowel movement (sorry tmi!) as I've been getting constipation since I found out about being pg. An hour after that when I went to the loo again there was pinkisih/reddish spotting when I wiped (not blood). I was crying and going nuts thinking about miscarriage and was so confused that earlier on it was brown (signifying old blood) and now it was pink (signifying that it's fresh). How could I get the two in a mater of hours from each other. So I googled (thank god for Google) 'spotting after bowel movement in pregnancy' and hundreds of hits came up for 'friable cervix' and lots of people taking about it in forums and on medical sites. Basically the strained bowel movement puts strain on the engorged cervix and some spots of blood are released. You see it about an hour later as it can take time to travel down and out the vagina. Other irritations can cause this e.g. an internal exam from your doc and also sex. I now believe that the brown (harmless) spotting is uterine (as baby settles in and uterus expands), and reddish / pink is from the cervix. I've had no more since and it goes without saying that I am back on my constipation/stool softener meds that my GP recommended.
    Anyway, you learn something new everyday so just thought I'd share, sorry for all the tmi's! ;)

• Advertisement

Springler,
    Detective gives really good advice - The cert for work related stress is a red flag and it would be remiss of your workplace not to examine what caused it so maybe they can put measures in place to prevent it happening further, or happening to others.

Only you know how supportive/unsupportive your company might be with regard to TTC. Some women here have great bosses that are fully supportive of their various appointments etc. In my work, its a very old fashioned company and I havent told a soul there. there have been lots of redundancies, and I've been very lucky so far so not giving anyone the excuse. I did speak to my GP who said she was happy to write gynae certs for me if I needed fertility appointments with the specialist so work would not get a cert from XXX fertility clinic.

It is worth exploring for the purposes of your meeting how your day/workload could be rearranged to reduce your stress - show that you are willing to take on as much of the new workload as you can, but can measures be put in place where you get more notice on deadlines, or whatever. Could small tasks that take up valuable time be done by others?
    Are you doing work that other departments should be doing? if so, bring it up.

Dublin Lady gave great advice to me when I was upset over (yet another) period - dont focus on the bump or having a bump at a certain family event in the next few months - focus on some years down the line- eg tucking the kids into bed - that takes the urgency of 'this cycle' out of it. Ive stopped imagining a bump by the summer/halloween etc as its putting too much pressure on this cycle, or the next. I just say to myself now that I will be pregnant sometime in 2011, and I will be a mother for the rest of my life after that.

I hope your meeting goes well - let us know how you get on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement