Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi Tigeress, very sorry to hear that, it's never easy.
    We'll be starting the whole journey again this month. I got my period yesterday which for me is good news as I am now completly back to normal. I'm letting myself have my coffee etc today, maybe tomorrow but then back to just my morning cappaccino :-)
    Fingers crossed that all of us on here will be coming back with good news soon. I'll light a candle this week for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm on day 22 of a 28 day cycle.

*twiddles thumbs*

I don't think I am pregnant. I feel fine but, of course, I'm hoping I am. Just saw my neighbour, she's pregnant:)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Tigeress wrote: »
    does anyone have any suggestions for ovulation tests? I have person but after using it for 4 months it's not very good & it cost €100! is there any out there you can just tests yourself daily around your ovulation times and it tells you forsure?

Tigeress, so sorry you are back in the starting blocks. Same as me.

For cheapie tests, internet is the way to go - I got mine - 80 ovulation sticks and 25preg tests online for about 40 euro. Detective Foxtrot recommended ebay a few pages back on this thread she put a link up - those were even cheaper again, they were pennies compared to the ones I use. Mine is from www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk, but check out DF's link first before you buy- Perfect for daily use - you can pee to your hearts content, and not feel like you are wasting your future kids college funds!:D The ones in the chemist are stupid money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Thanks so much Neyite & Barbiegirl! I've been on the site.. Sooo cheap, can't believe it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Sorry Tigress - hope ur doing ok, every month seems worse than the last for me, but after the first few days its always ok again..the hope is back

Barbiegirl - sorry also, altho as u say - at least that means ur back to 'normal', you will now be able to track ovulation etc much better. Theres a big mental thing about your cycle being regular again after a m/c, mines still a little funny but mostly regular enough so wont complain:)

Im on day 24 of a 27-30 day cycle. Normally a wreck at this time of the month, but not too bad so far, really trying hard not to think about it, the acupuncturist has helped with this. My period probably due on sat or sunday, and i generally get some spotting the day before...so realistically ill have an idea by the end of the weekend. Going to leave it until monday or Tuesday to test though as cant handle tho whole negative test result and still convincing myself i might be ordeal..!!
    No symptoms..well sore boobs and acne....nothing unusual there tho. Will distract myself with a busy week of work and then a fun weekend :D
    Hope u all ok, x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

My strange cycles seem to have taken an interesting turn.
    After my scan/bloods etc, the gynae charted my cycle & I was expecting to ovulate at day 21 of my 35 day cycle.

However I noticed my mucus was like really sticky egg white & didn't snap despite me stretching it really far.
    I'm day 14 of my cycle, so it wouldn't be unusual to ovulate now, but with my cycles being all over the place as they have, it is unusual for me!

Anyhoo, I used the clearblue ovulation predictor test & got a lovely big smiley face on it! so time to get baby making (well once he gets back from work :o)....wish me luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 spingler

hi girls, does this ttc and treatment physically exaust anyone, im so tired all the time, had a really crap couple of days period came..boom.. and the brown/black bleed at the start has come back so they will prob do a bit of poking in the next couple of months to see how my garden grows, have a day 3 scan tomorrow to follow up why i ovulated on day 8 last month.. im feeling so down and disilusioned by it all that sometimes i wish i was somebody else, those luck ladies that drop their knicks and hey presto there pregnant .. so many people havent got a clue on how hard this is.. my hubby, im sure like the rest of yere partners would make fab dads, it just breaks my heart... im feeling really guilty now cos all ye gals are so up lifting and positive, sorry if ive brought anyones day down.... :( actually looking forward to starting afresh this month. PLEASE let this be our year:)

That's great Capri! I would just try like mad for next week and then just every 3rd day just incase!!
    I'm on day 26, last month cycle was 27 days, month before that 28. I told myself I wouldn't test til about Monday which would be day 30, as the odds would be much better if I got to that stage without it coming, but now I have a night out on Saturday that I really have to drink at, or else they will presume I'm pregnant and be quite obvious about it! Do I just live my life and drink on sat nite, or do I break my rule and test on sat - day 28, to rule out pregnancy this month? If I got a positive I'd avoid the nite out through drastic measures!!
    I find it hard to think logically when there's only 2-3 days to go!
    Advise would be hugely welcome! X

Sorry springler, only just saw ur post- what ur feeling is something we all feel at least once during the month, ESP just after period comes, don't feel bad for feeling that way, it's impossible to be positive all the time, and it wouldn't be healthy either, it's a very draining and difficult process we are all going through, to have your hopes and dreams dashed month after month us something other people will not understand. Be easy on yourself, your doing great, keep the investigations going and you will get there, we all will, it's ok to have bad days tho, your grieving the loss of a baby you hoped you would have. ***big hugs***

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

dublinlady wrote: »
    That's great Capri! I would just try like mad for next week and then just every 3rd day just incase!!
    I'm on day 26, last month cycle was 27 days, month before that 28. I told myself I wouldn't test til about Monday which would be day 30, as the odds would be much better if I got to that stage without it coming, but now I have a night out on Saturday that I really have to drink at, or else they will presume I'm pregnant and be quite obvious about it! Do I just live my life and drink on sat nite, or do I break my rule and test on sat - day 28, to rule out pregnancy this month? If I got a positive I'd avoid the nite out through drastic measures!!
    I find it hard to think logically when there's only 2-3 days to go!
    Advise would be hugely welcome! X
    Say that you are giving up alcohol for lent! I tested all the time and ended up finding several "chemical pregnancies" (early miscarriages) (they were babies to me) so for your own sake do not test early - it is too heartbreaking.

• Advertisement

Thanks Cathy! Im torn....my accupuncturist said to test sat morn as period due that day or day after and that way i will not be worrying about it on saturday and can either happily abstain for the drink or else drown my sorrows....a night out would greatly cheer me up, as at that point id know anyway! My issue is worry - i just need to figure out what the best way to avoid worry is!

Your so good to reply to my post dublin lady, you have made me feel a whole lot better, thank you for that. I guess it didnt help last night that i was dreaming of geting a positive test, i was so disappointed when i woke up, but your post really helped, we just have to brush ourselves down, chin up and keep going. I was in the same boat as you last weekend. I done a test to take away my worry over having a drink, negative but i still only had two glases of beer and then made an excuse for having a funny tummy, if your like me i still hope to have a positive on the day im supposed to test, i wonder is it just a psychological thing. Hope you get your positive, fingers crossed 4 u. enjoy your weekend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

serious question - would you really beat yourself up over a drink or two on the day you may or may not have missed a period? Obviously you shouldn't go on a binge and have 16 vodka redbulls, but a glass or wine or two? would a glass of wine 14 days after conception really harm a potential baby?

(hi everyone by the way - same boat here, ttc since November (after a long wait for hubby to come off his meds (another very annoying story) and some days are easier than others ;-))

Plot thickens, just got a call from doc who said I have no immunity to rubella.... So not unsure if want to be pregnant this month! She said if not I have to get mmr next week and then not try next cycle :(
    Suppose it's only a month. Think I will test on sat now as quite anxious about it all really... Don't know what I want.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

dublinlady wrote: »
    Plot thickens, just got a call from doc who said I have no immunity to rubella.... So not unsure if want to be pregnant this month! She said if not I have to get mmr next week and then not try next cycle :(
    Suppose it's only a month. Think I will test on sat now as quite anxious about it all really... Don't know what I want.
    I think that you may have to wait longer than that, I know that I did when I had the jab - ask your doctor for clarification. There is no point in thinking about it until you know if you are pregnant or not (not from a test but when you know).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

You will have to sign a form to agree to wait 3 months before TTC after getting the MMR

Why does my g.p not know this?? She told me one month! I've heard it doesn't even work for some people! The thought of waiting 3 months breaks my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Huge hugs to you dublinlady. I don't know what to say. I can only imagine how upset and frustrated you must feel.

xx

Confused.com. My mother just told me I definitely had rubella as a child, does this mean I can't get it again? Sorry... Just don't know where else to get answers. I just need to get thru the next couple of days and see what happens and then figure out this rubella thing.

ah dublinlady im so sorry for what you are going through, this quandry is so hard for you, i dont know anything about mmr, your dr. shoud know and have the info to put your mind at rest, this is very tough on you .. ireally hope its only a month you have to wait, hugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Dublinlady, my heart goes out to you, that is so frustrating :( It sounds like it might be worthwhile talking to your gp again about the fact that you had it as a child, hopefully that'd prevent you needing it again. Fingers crossed for you x
    I know 3 months feels like a lifetime when you're ttc, but if it does come to you having to wait then I hope the time flies by for you.

Great suggestion from Cathy to tell your friends you're off drink for lent if you do get your positive :)

Spingler, I'm sorry you didn't get a positive result this month. I have good months & bad months too. I didn't mind so much this month when my period arrived, but the month previous I was really upset :(
    You're right, it is so frustrating the waiting & how long it can take to get the positive result :(

Welcome Galah & best of luck in your TTC journey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Hi Dublinlady I was in the exact same position u are in now so I know how devastated you are :(

I had a mc in November and was all set to go on clomid in january (PCO) when I was told I had no immunity to Rubella. Fair enough I thought... got the jab 1st think the next day and was told I couldnt get pregnant for 3 months. I was soo upset at the thought of waiting 3 months. Im now on week 8 post MMR and had bloods taken last week... I now have Low immunity which basically means I am one of the random ones who just dont make antibodies.

I rang the clinic today to ask if I need to have it again (I was literally sick with nerves that they would say yes & id hav to wait another 3 months!) Thankfully they were realistic and said we'll just have to go ahead. I have a count down in my diary for the 1st wk in April to start clomid :)

Fingers crossed. Yes I was devastated at the start but to be honest I cant believe it is only about 3wks til I can TTC again wooohoo! So keep positive and the time really will pass eventually x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Dublin Lady,

So sorry to hear about your rubella, hon. I really hope that you dont have to wait 3 months. Fingers Crossed for you.

Hey ladies, thanks for all advice and support! Well against better judgement I did a test today- negative, always is. :(. But anyway I phoned my doctor- I def have to get mmr once period comes, and have to not try for one month after, she said it's def only one month now that the guidance used to be 3 months but was changed due to study results in America a few years ago! So quin5 this might be worth bringing up with your doctor, as mine is sure! I think I can handle a month off and am trying to look at it as a mental break! Not sure I could cope with 3... It's really worth talkin to your doc about quin5. I can only imagine how hard the last couple months have been for u. I going to try and stay productive and get my scan and my husbands semen analysis done this month. I was devastated more than normal this morn when got the neg...two months grieving in one I think, trying to get my head clear, very difficult when in work. Moan moan moan... Haha. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I feel for you guys - but at least it's only a month, and what's a month in the whole scheme of things! ;-)

We 'lost' 1.5 years worth of trying due to the medication hubby was on (his doctor didnt even bother to ask whether a man in his mid-thirties, 2 months before his wedding, would maybe plan a family soon. I googled his meds after he started taking them, and found these huge warnings not to conceive while you're on them + 6 months after no longer taking them, due to birth defects and all sorts of nasty things. I was going mental, and am still very very angry with that doctor...). we could have had a baby a year ago ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Unreal Dublinlady! I cant believe it, Iv been waiting and waiting counting down week after week! Stupid doctors! :mad:

Well Im nearly there now and Ive kinda sorted a time line in my head for start of April when hubby is due to have some time off work so we'll have lots of 'fun' ;)
    Im so glad for you that it is just 1 month so as you said get the odd few bits and bobs sorted and then you are away on a hack come april, We might be on here with big fat positives soon :D

Heres hoping! x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

galah wrote: »
    serious question - would you really beat yourself up over a drink or two on the day you may or may not have missed a period? Obviously you shouldn't go on a binge and have 16 vodka redbulls, but a glass or wine or two? would a glass of wine 14 days after conception really harm a potential baby?

hi Galah, I'm a firm believer in sensible drinking, with a suspected pregnancy or not, but I don't believe a drink or two during the two week wait or when your period is due makes a difference. I have read that at that stage you are not sharing blood supply with the embryo.
    'drink til its pink' as they say (but sensibly obviously ;) )

DublinLady, so sorry about the Rubella news - that is sucky. Seems to be a fairly important thing to have it though so best to get it sorted. Can't believe you have to lay off trying to concieve for 3 month. xx

delighted dublin lady that you dont have to wait 3 months... that would set me silly, one month mental break might be a good thing. Well i had a DAY 3 scan today and i have a follicle the size of one that should be in mid cycle,this means im ready to ovualate during my period!!!! They took a blood test that indicated that yes indeed i am ovulating, oestrogen was up, so im shedding my lining and ovulating...is this why i cant get preg??? asked nurse of course and she said will get all my questions answered on monday when consultant is in.. im so frustrated and upset cos i dont know whats going on. Nurse said that we need to get a review with consultant asap..ie next week, to review our plan and what we do next. Because of this crap situation i am not on treatment this month, but they advised sex as soon as i feel we can..every second day or so this week.. great crak soooooo romantic.. in limbo land and pretty pissed off. moan moan moan:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Spingler don't be too pissed off you have something a lot of us here don't have a reason and that will hopefully lead to a solution :-) big hugs

• Advertisement

barbiegirl thank you for that, your prob right, i just have to be patient and see where this takes us, i guess im feeling tired and tomorrow will bring whatever. I think i need to take stock and stop stressing a bit... a solution will come but i will have to place my trust in them to find it. See what happens next week, plot thickens and hopefully my lining as fast xx to all... great to be able to spill all thoughts out and have people reply who def put things into perspective for me and make me feel bette .. thank u
    :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement