Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options
1232233234235236238»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Congrats Penny Dreadful on your good news! Lucuna, We used the ClearBlue OPKs. What I found was that one month, I got a smiley on day 7 and the next month no smiley face at all, just the flashing smileys for a few days but they would be on completely different days from month to month, so I needed to use loads of them for one cycle, and they are expensive too . I also found myself getting really disheartened when I didn't get a smiley face but maybe I should give them another shot! I'm glad to know that 5-8 times a week isn't the norm, as I was beginning to think that we just weren't doing it enough. Thanks for the advice, just didn't expect it to be this difficult, had a much more romantic view of the whole process. Maybe that's what put me off the OPK's too.

I would suggest order cheapie opks on Ebay or Amazon and do 1 a day for your whole cycle. This should give you a picture of what's happening with your cycle. Ovulation irregularities can highlight an underlying issue like PCOS so I think it's Always better to track ovulation (until you get a clear picture at least) and get to the bottom of what's happening rather than just ditch the opks without understanding what's happening.

Congrats Penny Dreadful on your good news! Lucuna, We used the ClearBlue OPKs. What I found was that one month, I got a smiley on day 7 and the next month no smiley face at all, just the flashing smileys for a few days but they would be on completely different days from month to month, so I needed to use loads of them for one cycle, and they are expensive too . I also found myself getting really disheartened when I didn't get a smiley face but maybe I should give them another shot! I'm glad to know that 5-8 times a week isn't the norm, as I was beginning to think that we just weren't doing it enough. Thanks for the advice, just didn't expect it to be this difficult, had a much more romantic view of the whole process. Maybe that's what put me off the OPK's too.

Also if it was the purple Clear blue you were using, you have to use them with FMU or they don't work properly.
    If it was the other cb, then mid-day urine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

Why dont i bump this again?. Not sure its accurate to describe me as long termer.

Husband got test results yesterday and they were excellent. So thats great:) one less obstacle.

This old thread was replaced by a new one for 2016 I think:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057543597

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

oh ok. confused now! maybe it ought to be destickied...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Probably best to close this - we'd have to do it in a few hundred posts anyway.

New thread here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement