Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I'm so so happy for you YH, hoping you have a healthy and happy 9 months xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thank you both. I still can't get my head to believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

lol I spent my whole pregnancy like that :D enjoy it!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Absolutely delighted for you YH! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Oh wow!! YH thats amazing news, delighted for you pet x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Oh YH I am so thrilled for you!! I bet you can't wait for hubby to come home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS YELLOW HEN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

yellow hen wrote: »
    So I'm working from home today and after my second breakfast :(, I just felt sort of crap. Now I'm a bit of a hypocondriac at the best of times so you wouldn't want to read that much into it but the lure of tesco got the better of me so I went and bought a tesco cheapie pregnancy test.

I'm cd21 (last two cycles were 22/23 days) but previously they were 26/27/28 so given the date and the fact that it wasn't the first urine of the day, I knew it was probably a waste of time and money.

BUT.........two lines almost immediately. I'm in utter shock. Have cried for about 15 minutes. I don't want to tell my husband over the phone so thought boardsies were the next best people to tell. If I didn't say it before (which I definitely didn't), I LOVE CLOMID!

FANTASTIC NEWS! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

Hi, I've been following the thread for a while and have never been brave enough to post.
    Congrats Yellow Hen that's great news. Nice to hear happy stories.

We've been trying for over a year with no joy. I'm nearly 38 so feel like we're running out of time too.

foggy wrote: »
    We've been trying for over a year with no joy. I'm nearly 38 so feel like we're running out of time too.

Most people in this forum were/are in the same boat so use them for advice. I came on here over 5 years ago and the advice has been invaluable. Have you Looked into further investigations yet? If not, maybe do this as soon as possible. In my case, first time, I had endo and cysts and never knew so needed minor surgery to remove both. Happened again this time around but I was ready for it. It's good to check your thyroid too. Also important for your partner to get tested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

Most people in this forum were/are in the same boat so use them for advice. I came on here over 5 years ago and the advice has been invaluable. Have you Looked into further investigations yet? If not, maybe do this as soon as possible. In my case, first time, I had endo and cysts and never knew so needed minor surgery to remove both. Happened again this time around but I was ready for it. It's good to check your thyroid too. Also important for your partner to get tested.
    Thanks YH.
    Yeah, it's all very new to me/us but got day 21 and day 3 bloods done. Day 3 included thyroid tests. Himself has sperm analysis test in fortnight. And I should get my blood tests back next week so will know more in a few weeks.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

foggy wrote: »
    Hi, I've been following the thread for a while and have never been brave enough to post.
    Congrats Yellow Hen that's great news. Nice to hear happy stories.

Well, I'm 40 and imma not leaving this thread until I have another baby. :D

Welcome, and I hope that your stay here will be a short one :) Have you began to look into getting blood tests done?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Thank you both. I still can't get my head to believe it.

DELIGHTED for you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Best news Yellow Hen. I'm so happy for you. One of the (and there are many good things) great things about this thread is that people are so genuinely happy for you when you have good news to share. It's almost like its a little baby for the group. Also the good news inspires so many more people to keep on going.

Have the best happiest and healthiest 9 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Best news Yellow Hen. I'm so happy for you. One of the (and there are many good things) great things about this thread is that people are so genuinely happy for you when you have good news to share. It's almost like its a little baby for the group. Also the good news inspires so many more people to keep on going.

Have the best happiest and healthiest 9 months.

That's true, I only read this thread for the good news posts! I'm not TTC but I just LOVE when there's a positive on here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

Yellow Hen im so delighted for you congrats!!! happy and healthy 9 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Massive congrats YH!! :D:D:D

Thanks everyone. Overnight, a big shadow lifted from us. I wish nothing but the same luck for anyone else trying. I think we all deserve this. X

I wish I was posting here with some good news but unfortunately I have had the most awful day.

Had my surgery to remove an ovarian cyst just over two weeks ago. My hospital called me yesterday and asked me to come in today. So it turn out the cyst they removed was cancerous. I have to meet an oncologist next week.

I feel so hard done by. I'm only 29! Now conceiving is the last thing on my mind. The rest of the day has gone by in a blur. Don't quite know how to feel. Sad....angry? The hospital thank god have been great but we're devastated.

oh no that's an awful shock to get you poor thing . your mind would be a blur after getting that news unexpectedly . did they give you any reassurance?

• Advertisement

Dreamstar, I'm so so sorry. What sort of hospital are you in? Do you know anything about the oncologist? It's truly awful news but hopefully they removed the root of it early in the cyst and you need minor treatment to treat surrounding cells. Take one day at a time, don't think too far ahead as you'll scare yourself unnecessarily and you'll deal with whatever lies ahead. Take care. X

bobskii wrote:
    oh no that's an awful shock to get you poor thing . your mind would be a blur after getting that news unexpectedly . did they give you any reassurance?

Well the doctor did say that the mass of tissue removed was huge and the cancerous bit was really very small. She's said it's stage 1 which is good it's caught early. But there will be more surgery in the next few weeks to remove the ovary and some more tissue and I may need chemo. The oncologist will go through more with me.

It's holles street I'm attending so my consultant has said that there are fertility experts on hand. Apparently they had some meeting and they are confident I will still be able to conceive.

I just didn't know what to say or what to ask even. I guess taking it one day at a time is good advice. Trying to stay positive.

Dreamstar that sounds really positive. Don't let the thoughts of chemo daunt you.. It's more precautionary to ensure they get all cancerous cells. It's a long week waiting to meet the oncologist but I'm sure they'll reassure you loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Dreamstar I'm sorry to hear that. Of course your mind is a blur - nobody ever expects to get news like that. One thing I'd recommend is keep a notebook and pen out on the table and everytime a question pops into your head, or your partner thinks of a question write it down so you have them with you for your next appointment

and look if you hadn't been ttc maybe it would have gone undetected so thats another positive . It's just the shock of it knocked the wind out of your sails.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Yellow diamond

Sorry to hear your news dreamstar, thoughts are with you. At least it was caught at an early stage and your medical team seem to be very positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Yellow diamond

Congrats to you yellow hen!! Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

dreamstar wrote: »
    Well the doctor did say that the mass of tissue removed was huge and the cancerous bit was really very small. She's said it's stage 1 which is good it's caught early. But there will be more surgery in the next few weeks to remove the ovary and some more tissue and I may need chemo. The oncologist will go through more with me.

It's holles street I'm attending so my consultant has said that there are fertility experts on hand. Apparently they had some meeting and they are confident I will still be able to conceive.

I just didn't know what to say or what to ask even. I guess taking it one day at a time is good advice. Trying to stay positive.

So sorry to hear this. Will have fingers and toes crossed for you. x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Really sorry to hear that Dreamstar, thinking of you and your partner xx

My sister was sick last year with cervical cancer and I will say the care she received was second to none. Similar to you, the consultants were keenly aware of her future desire for children and were careful with the treatments she had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

So sorry to hear that Dreamstar. You really are going through the mill in the last year or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement